• Published 15th Feb 2012
  • 932 Views, 27 Comments

Carnival Of Souls - Shattercrazy



Pandora's Box has been reopened, so why are these three here to save Equestria?

  • ...
0
 27
 932

The Hounds Unleashed

As Case followed the three fillies out of the barn into the slackening rain he glanced around at his new surroundings. He seemed to be on a farm or plantation of some sort, judging by the looks of everything.


"Could be worse......" he thought to himself as the trio led him inside of what appeared to be another barn.


Removing his hat at the front door Case quickly realized the inside of the house was much to his liking. It had a rustic feel to it that peaked his rural, country interest.As they entered the kitchen Applebloom placed a slice of pie on the table in front of him before asking


"Whatd'ya want to drink Mr. Case?"


"Uh.....coffee'd be nice,and just Case'll do." he said quickly.


"We got milk?" Applebloom asked hopefully.


"Milk'll do just fine Applebloom. Thank you." Case said. As Applebloom was pulling the milk from the refrigerator Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo edged closer to the steel colored draft horse, trying to look at his tattoed leg. Noticing their not-so-subtle attempt Case swiveled around and held his left foreleg up for them to see.


"If that's not your cutie mark, then where did it come from?" Sweetie Belle asked eyeing the intricate design.


"I had it done a bit ago." Case stated.


"What do you mean "Had it done"?" Scootaloo inquired.


"Well it's uh'm.......it's kinda hard to explain." he mumbled.


"It doesn't look hard.I even bet my sister Rarity could dye fur just like that." Sweetie said.


"It ain't dyed there Sweetie Belle, it's........" as Case said this he looked at his proffered leg closely for the first time and noticed that it indeed look as if the swirling design had been dyed into his fur, instead of the usual needle and ink.


"Well ain't that somethin?" Case marveled to himself as Applebloom sat a glass of milk in front of him.


"Here you go Case, the best apple pie in alllllllll of Equestria!" the red haired filly stated proudly.


As Case turned his attention to the pie in front of him the three fillies huddled together and began whispering to low for him to hear. Noticing there was no fork on the table Case lowered his muzzle and took a bite of the pie. Instantly overwhelmed by the taste he hardly noticed the fillies exit the room. It was perfect! Crispy crust, cinnamon and apple blended perfectly,he decided that this was the best pie he had ever eaten.


Turning to tell Applebloom about the pie Case's dark brown eyed glance locked with a pair of emerald green eyes belonging to an orange, blonde maned mare standing in the doorway. Who did not look happy.


"Who the hay are you?!?!"




-----------------------------------------------




For the second time Doc awoke with a splitting headache. He couldn't believe it. He was a horse. Not just any horse, a freaking Unicorn! Reaching up slowly he touched the horn protruding from his forehead. It felt like it was around eight inches long and made out of bone.


I can just hear Blitz now making jokes about my "Boner"..... Doc thought to himself.


Groaning as he rolled off the bed Doc face planted on the hardwood floor.


"Are you alright?" asked a feminine voice Doc remembered all to well.


"Floorsh......hurt......fashe......" he mumbled from his position on the floor. Fumbling around he managed to get himself into a sitting position as Twilight approached him cautiously. As he regained his senses he felt something in the female unicorns general direction, almost like a breeze tingling against his skin. As Doc pondered this strange sensation his glasses positioned themselves on his snout, enveloped in a lavender aura.


As the slim rimmed spectacles settled on his face the world became instantly clear, allowing Doc to view the lavender unicorn standing before him. Glancing around the paramedic noticed the absence of a particular purple and green lizard.


"He isn't waiting to hit me in the head again is he?" Doc asked cautiously. At this the lavender unicorn blushed slightly.


"Uh'm about that......I apologize for the way Spike reacted, he's a little jumpy when he's scared." Twilight said.


"Scared? Of me? Why would anybody be scared of me?" the blue stallion asked.


"Look at yourself! It's not everyday you see a pony as big as you, I mean your size can intimidate most ponies." As Twilight spoke she waved a hoof over Doc's still sitting form for emphasis.


"Uhm.....considering I haven't gotten the chance to look at my new self, I assumed I was normal sized." Doc stated. At this the purple mare looked at him quizzically before replying.


"What do you mean your new self?" Twilight asked.


"You know, the fact I'm a pony now?" Doc replied.


"Wait....now? What were you before?"


"A human. You know bipedal creatures with oposable thumbs." At this the lavender unicorn giggled.


"Oh I get it! You're joking. Humans are an old mares tale."


"I assure you Twilight Sparkle, we humans are indeed very real." Doc explained getting to his feet........all four of them.


"You cannot be serious? A human? That's not possible." Twilight stated vehemently.


"Yes, yes it is. Why are you looking at me like I'm crazy?"


"SPIIIIKE!" As the lavender mare yelled, the baby dragon responsible for the two lumps on Docs head clambered up the stairs........with a frying pan.


"NO! Not again! I will not be brained again by cookware wielded by the Geico mascot!" As Doc began to rant he felt something build up inside of him, focusing on the frying pan in. As Spike topped the stairway Doc felt the buildup flood out of him threw his horn. The frying pan erupted in white hot flame, melting in the awestruck Spikes claw.


As Doc looked on in awe at the spectacle Twilight's own horn gave off a purple glow and the ebb of energy flowing from his horn winked out. Turning back the the tall navy colored unicorn she stated vehemently


"Stop being so destructive! You've already broken my lamp and now melted one of my good pans, and you haven't even been here a day!"


"Whoa now, the lamp was completely accidental and I will make reparations, but how can you blame me for the pan? I haven't moved an inch from this spot since this conversation started so how could I have done that?" Doc put in on his behalf.


"It's your magic. All unicorns learn how to control it when they are still young."


"I'm sorry but I believe I've already made it clear that I wasn't a unicorn less than twelve hours ago." The medic said becoming annoyed with the fact that the lavender mare could not get the idea through her head.


As Doc was about to voice his annoyance the ringing of a bell interrupted his thoughts. Turning at the sound Twilight glanced at Spike disapprovingly.


"You didn't lock the door did you." she said, more of a statement than a question. The little lizard shrugged before replying


"What? You were awake and it's already past time for the library to open."


"Twilight Daahhling! It's time for your weekly appointment!" came a voice from downstairs that sounded to Doc as if it belonged to the Queen on England. As the voice continued to whine about time and appreciation for ones looks, Twilights eyes grew wide before she said


"Rarity!"


---------------------------------------------------------


On the outskirts of Ponyville, in a home made of clouds, a red and black striped pegasus was having a mental breakdown.


"Why?!?! Why am I a horse?!?! Of all the animal's a horse?!? Seriously?!?! I couldn't have been a Cheetah or a Lion?" Blitz ranted to the ceiling of the home. As his charade of questions continued unanswered, Rainbow Dash tried to reason out the situation before her.


Here was a perfectly healthy, if somewhat bizzare colored, stallion losing it over being a pony.


"And I thought Pinkie was crazy." Dash thought, rolling her eyes at the theatrics.


Noticing that his performance was not having any affect on the ceiling Blitz turned his attention the the rainbow maned mare acrossed the room from him.


"Where are my cigarettes?" he asked, as if he hadn't been interrogating her roof a second before.


"I'm the one asking the questions here bub! Who are you and what's the big idea crashing into my house in that storm last night?" she asked,flying right up to the goatee'd pegasus and looking up at him menacingly.


Locking his green eyes with the magenta ones of the mare, Blitz tried to reason with her.


"Cigarettes please?"


"Who are you?" Dash asked, not being deterred. Sighing at the realization he was not going to get them yet, Blitz answered.


"Shane or Blitz. Most call me Blitz though. Now please, cigarettes?"


"Why did you crash into my house?"


"I did not mean to, talking flying horse of nicotine denial. I don't even know where I am or why I'm a horse." Blitz said, losing hope of seeing his Marlboros until the line of questioning was done.


"We're ponies! And what do you mean you don't know where you are? Where did you come from?" Rainbow Dash asked.


"Ponies, Horses, Whatever! I have no idea where I am. I came from Panama City Beach Florida, and before I answer anymore questions, Who the hell are you?"


"I'm Rainbow Dash! The fastest flier in Equestria and future captain of the Wonderbolts! The most loyal friend, and bravest, best pony around!" She stated proudly rearing up on her hind legs.


"You know......I thought I had an ego problem but now,not so much. Anyway, is there a phone I can use anywhere around here?" Blitz asked. A look of confusion crossed Rainbow Dash's face as she asked


"What's a phone? And don't you want my autograph or something? Ya know, me being the future captain of the Wonderbolts and all."


"Oh for the love of god! How do you communicate with other......ponies?" Blitz asked.


"We write letters, or just fly over and talk to them." she stated, looking at Blitz as if he were insane.


"And just where am I supposed to get on a plane around here?" he asked sarcasticly.


"What's a plane? And why don't you just use your wings?" Dash asked. At the mention of wings Blitz looked over his shoulder and noticed, for the first time, the red feathery appendages angling from his shoulder blades. As he began to hyperventilate he glanced back at Rainbow Dash and asked


"Can I please have my cigarettes now?"


"What's cigarettes?" the rainbow maned mare asked. Throwing both front hooves into the air Blitz yelled


"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"


___________________________________


"We are sorry sister, we have failed thee." Princess Luna said, once more in here regal pony form.


"It is alright Luna, you could not have known that magic would be difficult on them. But we must find them before the end of the week or I fear all we have done will be for naught." her sister ,Princess Celestia, said nuzzling the indigo haired alicorn.


"What shall we do Tia? You said yourself that magic will be difficult on them, and Shining Armor is still on his honeymoon with Cadence. How will we locate them?" the princess of the night inquired, switching from the royal canterlot voice.


As the words left her mouth the door to the throne room opened and one of the guard poked his head in before announcing.


"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Sergeant Speaker has arrived." he said, looking to the royal sisters for directions.


"Send him in Blazing" Princess Celestia said naming the guard as she spoke.


"Yes Ma'am!" Blazing said, swinging the door open to admit the Sergeant.


As he entered the throne room Speaker removed the flat brimmed hat atop his head, revealing the silver-grey high and tight mane that was required of all new recruits, and bowed to the royal sisters. He was a pegasus pony, slim and wiry, with a tan coat and a close cropped tail.Looking at the sergeant few would have known he was the finest drill instructor in the Guard, and one of the Princess's most trusted commanders.


"Sergeant L. Speaker reporting!" he said straightening to his full height, which might have reached one of the guards chin.


"Really Loud Speaker, must you always be so formal?" asked Luna playfully, knowing well how much the drill instructor loved formality.


"Ma'am I apologize, but I've been doing this for so long it's just natural." the old warhorse said smiling at the two princesses.


"What have you summoned me for, if I may be so bold?" asked Speaker.


"Your father was the same way Loud, always straight to the point. It's one of the things I liked in him." Celestia said.


"Not to mention the fact that Tia was chasing you around the palace as a foal while your father was on duty." Luna said, making the sergeant smile bashfully, remembering the days when the sun goddess would play hide and seek with him.


"Yes Ma'am. I seem to have turned into him in my old age."


"Which is not a bad thing. He was one of my best, as are you." Celestia stated, before returning the the task at hand.


"Speaker I have called you here today because we need you to find somepony. Some ponies actually. There are three of them, all stallions."


"Yes Ma'am. Is there anything I should know about them? What color are they? What species of ponies are they? Are they dangerous?" Speaker asked.


"As far as color goes we are not sure, but they are most likely all three species of pony. And as for dangerous that would depend on the situation. I don't believe they would harm anypony unless provoked, but do not take any chances. Magic also seems difficult to use on them, so unicorns would probably be next to useless unless they where significantly powerful enough. We need the three of them back here by sundown tomorrow or sooner." Luna said.


"Yes Ma'am. I'll find them, but I ask that I can pick my squads." Speaker said, replacing his hat atop his head.


"Anypony you require you may have. And Sergeant we need them here in one piece."


"Yes Ma'am. Only the amount of force necessary to bring them will be used." And with that the Drill Instructor spun on his hooves and marched out.
--------------------------------------------------------


Deep beneath the surface of Equestria, in a cave long forgotten by most the air shimmered and rippled.Suddenly a slash appeared,floating in mid air.Out of the gap stepped a towering scarecrow appearing monster.Clothed in tattered rags and a tall pointy hat the creature would have been intimidating enough without the two glowing orange orbs set within it's dark void of a head.Striding accrossed the chamber confidently navigating the twisting winding curves of the tunnels with ease.


The creature had been here before. This was where it had first re-entered reality for the first time in ages. As the monster finally approached it's destination, it reached it's clawed hand under the tattered coat it wore and removed a bandolier of what appeared to be glass lanterns. In the center of the chamber, wrapped in chains inscribed with wards of bonding, was a cube of complete darkness that seemed to suck the very light from the room.


As the creature approached the cube it knelt, holding the bandolier before it like a sacrifice. Out of the lanterns flowed a glowing silver aura that seemed to form and twist into the faces of different people. These were the souls the monster had collected on it's journey. These were the beginning of the ritual to open the cube. The first keys needed to release the master of the horror knealing before it.


As the souls of many flowed from the bandolier into the cube, the chains began to slacken. With a clattering creak a multitude of chains fell from the cube. As the seven foot tall monster stood and replaced it's bandolier a cloud began to form beside it, taking shape in the form of a hooded, glowing spectral figure. Hovering beside the giant monster it appeared small and insignificant.


But the hooded figure was far more dangerous. As it turned to face the cube a melodious, resonant voice broke the silence addressing the stick thin giant.


"You have done well, my slave. Soon these chains will no longer bind me, and this world will know my wrath. Go now, the two of you, and bring me more souls so that I may conquer this realm."


As one the towering monstrocity and the ghostly apparition turned and began their hunt for more souls.


----------------------------------------------



The End Chapter 5





Long time coming but I hope it was worth the wait. Not very long but I just can't get motivated enough to make the chapters longer. I still have big ideas for this story and I'm going to finish it so hold on to yer hats!



MLP owned by Hasbro
OCs owned by me

None were harmed so far in the making of this story