• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,946 Views, 19 Comments

Ships on a ship - PonyXpress



Six ponies, on a boat.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,946

S.S Pinkieshy

Pinkie lay in the bed hiding under the covers in shame. She'd never gotten sea sick before! But she'd also never been on a boat before, so she had no idea sea sickness was a weakness of hers, or so she considered it a weakness. All that food she'd eaten, gone, with no trace left but a memory and a bad taste. The taste hadn't been to much of a problem however. Fluttershy had given her some special drink that cleans the mouth, leaving it fresh a pleasant smelling. She knew Fluttershy was there, watching over her with complete care.

Pinkie felt fine, in fact, she'd never felt better, but the thought of leaving her safe haven under the covers of the bed she had been kindly laid in frightened her. She had heard that laugh from Dashie as they left. Making people laugh was her gift, a talent no one else could take from her. Having served to you in such an ungracious manner felt degrading, embarrassing even.

Fluttershy sat patiently by Pinkie, resting her head on the table that was propped beside her. Seeing Pinkie sit still for this long set her on edge. Even when she was sick, Pinkie would, at the very least, make an attempt to move around, to get herself going again. Yet, there she lay, as motionless as a deceased animal. Fluttershy sat up

"Um...Pinkie?"

The yellow pegasus' words hit Pinkie's ears hard, her body shuddered as though it had been tickled.

"What?" She grumbled

"Well...I..."

"Well what?"

Fluttershy swallowed hard, she knew she shouldn't be scared, but something felt wrong about her, she wasn't herself

"A...Are you ok?"

"I'm fine"

Pinkie's voice was sharp and harsh. Fluttershy didn't know how to respond, she wanted to help but it seemed that any attempt was met with bitterness. Silence once again reigned over the room, for a time that no one was keeping track of. Fluttershy rest her head on the table again, waiting patiently for Pinkie to feel better.

The rooms on the boat had been lovingly decorated in cheer for Hearts and Hooves Day. Flowers were scattered, on the walls, on the tables, even some petals had been scarcely scattered on the floor. The shades of pink were contrasted by the yellow in the room, it was definitely well done Fluttershy thought.

Pinkie shuffled her body, the bed creaking ever so slightly beneath her. She rolled over looking at Fluttershy sitting by her bed. Their eyes met and locked. They stared at each other continually, neither of them moved, neither of them spoke, they simply sat and looked into each others eyes. They both pondered what the other was thinking, if there ever was tension between the two, this would be it.

'Why is she still here?' Pinkie's mind rambled on it's own.

'I wonder what's got her so upset' Fluttershy thought to herself, this wasn't like her.

"Pinkie?"

The pink pony muffled a grunt.

"What's the matter?" Fluttershy frowned with worry

Pinkie said nothing, dropping her head to the bed keeping all eye contact with the yellow pegasus pony before her. Pinkie's stubbornness almost instantly vanished at that time. Fluttershy's eyes, had an incredible soothing effect, it was too hard to stay upset while in her company. The earth pony pulled herself up right on the bed, taking a moment to think about her words and her actions.

"You don't look very sick anymore"

"I'm not anymore, I feel fine" Pinkie admitted "I'm sorry Fluttershy...I was being silly...I heard Dashie laughing at me and...yeah"

Fluttershy's mind relaxed knowing that Pinkie seemed ok, she lifted her head up off the table, giving Pinkie a friendly smile.

"It's okay Pinkie, I won't laugh at you, I promise"

Pinkie seemed shell shocked. Her face was almost blank, except for the occasional blink. She stared in the pegasus pony's eyes as though she were searching for any signs of doubt.

"Why?" Was all she could mutter

"Well I....Because...I know you don't like it"

Fluttershy's response was quick and to the point, yet still felt like every word was backed with emotion.

"I would never to anything to make you upset Pinkie...never"

Pinkie's eyes welled up with a tears, she couldn't help it. A single crystal droplet broke free from her eye, trailing it's way down the side of her face. She managed to stifle a giggle with a sniffle. Those words struck her chest like a dagger of feelings. She didn't know how to react or what to do but she knew that Fluttershy meant a lot more to her than she'd first thought. She could tell that Fluttershy felt the same way, it was mutual.

"Did...I say something wrong?"

Fluttershy hopped of her seat and walked over to the sobbing pink earth pony sitting on the bed. Pinkie slowly gave her head a shake.

"Fluttershy" She stammered "Can I give you a hug?"

Pinkie was greeted with a heart warming smile, her arms reaching out and around the yellow pony. Pinkie embraced the kind pegasus with everything she had. They held each other forever, doing nothing but enjoying the others company. Each breath they took, they took in sync with the other.

"Hey Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy's ear flicked at Pinkie whisper.

"Y...yes?"

Pinkie rolled her body backwards, shifting her weight until she jumped off the bed. Reaching over to the table, she grabbed a rose out of one of the vases. Spinning back around with the rose firmly in her mouth, she made her way back to Fluttershy. Pinkie ducked her head down, looking up at the quiet mare. Her head slowly rose up, presenting the sentimental gift to the pony she'd always held a liking for. Pinkie's face gave a sincere smile, gripping the rose between her teeth.

Fluttershy could do no more than gasp. Her eyes became misty as she graciously took the gift in her hooves. She leaped out throwing her arms around the earth pony, knocking the both of them on to the bed. The two ponies snuggled each other, the warmth of one, fueling the other. Pinkie tucked her head over Fluttershy's shoulder, nuzzling the back of her neck. The pair, finally comfortable in each others embrace, slowly began to drift off into unconsciousness.

"I love you Pinkie" Fluttershy muttered

There was a moments silence, she'd figured Pinkie had already fallen sleep. Pinkie's grasp around her partners body tightened ever so slightly, their tailed twirled and entwined into one.

"I love you too, Fluttershy"