• Published 15th Feb 2012
  • 1,019 Views, 11 Comments

When worlds collide - Derk396



When a human named derek wakes up to find himself in equestria, he struggles to find the truth...

  • ...
5
 11
 1,019

A new life

It was just another boring afternoon, parents gone, brother acting like the douche he is. But I was locked away in my room, just being me. Surfing the web and listening to music on my laptop. I heard a slam coming from the front door past my music, signaling my brothers departure. I walked into the living room to be sure that he left and soon y attention fell onto the television. Like any other teen I turned it and plopped onto the couch. I really wasn't interested with any of the programs but all the same I lie there watching. Just after my show ended the T.V. blacked out, groaning, I got up and went to check on it. As I reached a hand out to touch the screen I phase through it, catching me off guard I stumble and fall into the black void. I shut my eyes in anticipation of the fall and I hit the ground with an audible 'thud' my side burned in pain. In the distance I heard a female voice calling out to me.

"Sir?" the voice said. Soon I heard the sound of a running horse 'Clop Clop, Clop Clop, Clop Clop, Clop Clop' "Woah-oh-AH!" it shouted as I heard another thump on the ground. "Oh, you feather-brain" she said to herself. "Sir?" she said again. At this I slowly opened my eyes to see a pair of crossed golden eyes looking right at me. I jumped up in surprise and tried to balance on my feet but fell down on to my back. The figure giggled "Sir? are... you okay?" I could only groan in response "Can. You. Sp-eak?" she asked slowly as if I was stupid.

"Yes, I can speak" I groaned, picking my head up off the ground to look at the owner of the mystery voice. Once my eyes focused on the figure it turned out to be a gray pony with a blonde mane and tail. "wait... am I talking to a pony?" I asked her in complete disbelief.

She shook her head at me "No silly I'm a pegasus," she said opening her wings "see?" when I saw those wings I faded back into black. I woke up about an hour later, I was lying in a bed, it wasn't mine that's for sure. I looked to my right to find a small bedside table with a muffin and a glass of apple juice on it. There was a small note attached to the glass, "hey there sir, I brought you home for rest. Have one of my special muffins and some apple juice from sweet apple acres. If I am not around then I am at work, I should be home soon. Just rest up and we will talk when I come home -DD"

"DD?" I asked aloud

"It stands for Ditzy Doo" a small voice said shyly. I looked over towards the voice to see a small purple unicorn with familiar golden eyes, mane and tail, as our eyes met she shied back a bit and said "she's my mom..." she said quietly.

I looked at her head and noticed her horn, still in shock I asked "a-are you a... u-unicorn?" she shock that unicorns as well as pegusi were real caused me to black out again. I woke up god knows when to hear a small sound coming from the other room. As curiosity got the better of me I got out of bed and found it hard to walk, as if my body was weighted differently. Without looking down to see what was wrong I walked into the other room to see the small unicorn crying on her bed. Using the doorframe for support I knocked on her open door to let her know I was there "what's wrong little filly?" I asked seeing her turn to look towards me.

"Well..." she started slowly "W-when m-mommy b-b-brought y-you home" she said through sniffles "a-and y-you woke u-up. A-and you, you saw m-me, I... I thought you were... d-dead" she finished before breaking out in a loud sob.

"Oh, sweetie... I wasn't dead, I was just in shock." I said trying to comfort the small unicorn "you see," I continued "there aren't any unicorns or pegusi where I am from. So when I saw both a unicorn and a pegasus I blacked out, just so my body could logically think the situation through."

Her crying stopped and she looked up at me with her big golden eyes, so innocent and pure, "So, if unicorns and pegusi aren't around where you are from then, where do alicorns come from?"

"Alicorns?"

"Yes, alicorns."

"What's an alicorn?" I asked upon hearing this new word

"You... you don't know?" I shook my head in response "well... you are." she said with curiosity in her voice, not understanding why I didn't know what I was.

"I-I'm not I'm a hum-AAA!!!" I screamed looking at what used to be my hands to only see hooves, I looked down to find the same thing had happened to my feet. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, "I... am a pony..." I whispered before hitting the ground again in shock. When I woke up for a third time I was in a new bed, it was white and upon further investigation, so was the room. At first I didn't know what to think, when I saw an empty iv attached to what used to be my forearm I realized that I was in the hospital. I don't know what happened, or how it had happened but I was a pony, apparently I was no ordinary pony either, I was something called an alicorn. "NURSE!" I shouted. Moments later a white pony with a nurse's hat walked into the door.

"Oh, hello sir I see you are awake, my name is nurse redheart"

"hey nurse" was all I could think of as a response. I tried to sit up in my bed but found it difficult to move.
The nurse, seeing this difficulty explained "Sorry about the lack of mobility the drugs are probably still wearing off. You are one lucky pony mr..." she stopped

"Just call me..." I started trying to remember what my name was "Derek." I finished

"Alright... Derek, once the drugs wear off I can release your custody to yourself or your caretaker" she said as she started to pack up and leave the room

"wait!" I called back and she stopped in her tracks and turned around "who brought me here?" I finished

"Oh, umm... Hold on a sec okay?" I nodded, she then walked out of the room I heard the sound of a heavy filing cabinet being opened and the shuffling of papers, within moments I heard a slam come from the cabinet and the nurse came back in with a file in her mouth. "Alright here is your file, okay let's see..." she mumbled to herself "Here it is!" she exclaimed "you were checked in by a Miss Ditzy Doo. She reported that you claimed you were going into shock and that you were fainting alot. And by the tests we did on your heart..." she quieted back down to read the report. "Oh my! You, sir are one lucky pony indeed." she finished still eyeballing the report, your blood levels were through the roof and it seems that if you had one more incident... You were risking a heart attack." she finished on a solemn note. "May I ask what has caused this, excitement?"

"well," I started, but couldn't think of how to explain the situation without sounding crazy. "I just got excited that someone would open up there home to a stranger like me, it really shows how kind people are." I lied "not many people would even think of such a thing where I am from"

"Right..." she said not fully believing my story "well sir I have other patients that require assistance, so if that will be all..."

"Actually I had two questions for you... The first was that I hoped that you could give me miss Doo's address so I could properly thank her." she looked back at her file and wrote an address on a small piece of paper and tried to hand it to me but I just couldn't seem to hold on to it, everypony around can hold things in their hooves so easily but it really was more difficult than it looked. Seeing my trouble she just put the paper down on the bedside table. "Thanks" I said with an embarrassed look on my face "and the second was..." I cleared the knot in my throat "what's an alicorn?" for a second she just stood there with a blank expression on her face, then she broke out into laughter, but once she saw the serious look on my face she quieted down.

"are you serious?" she said in disbelief I nodded and she pulled a large object into the room "you, are an alicorn" she said with no emotional tone in her voice. I looked at her to find a mirror in the way, there was a reflection of a Lime green pony with a dirty blonde mane and the oddest thing of all was the horn that was placed on my forehead and the massive wings that I had. "An alicorn," she continued "is a pony that not only has the wings of a pegasus but also has the horn of a unicorn, both are usually larger than the original animals features but we can only base that off of the only two other alicorns that are known to exist. Our princesses Celestia and Luna, are the only alicorns that were known to exist."
It took some time for all of this information to sink in but once it did I knew what I had to do, "where could I meet the princesses? I think that they might he able to help me figure out why I am here."
The nurse was a bit shocked at this question but replied none the less. "well, they reside in the palace at canterlot," she said as she pointed out the window at a palace surrounded by a city built on the side of a mountain. "if you are going to go there then I recommend that you cover up your wings until you can have a private audience with the princesses. If word gets out that another alicorn showed up, and a stallion no less, you could be seen as a threat to the crown and that could complicate things."

"Well, isn't that just lovely" I said sarcastically

"I suggest that you go visit a unicorn by the name of rarity, she said in a quite voice tone as she produced a small blue token from nowhere, explain your situation and get her to make you something that could hide your wings."

"Rarity?" I asked for clarity's sake

"yes, she has a white coat and a purple mane, you probably want to pay her a visit after sun down so that you can remain hidden."

"Alright, white coat, purple mane, sundown" I said to myself "thanks nurse" is said as I looked up and realized that she wasn't there anymore. I took a second to take in all of the information and once I had it all memorized I slid off of the bed, took out the iv and before I left I looked at the token on my hoof. I don't know how I was doing it, but I was holding it, pressing my luck I tried to pick up the note as well. Somehow, defying almost everything I knew, I was a pony, made up of two mythological creatures, and I was holding something with my flat hoof. Either way, real or not, possible or not, I was on my way to meet the princesses.