• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,488 Views, 13 Comments

Pastel - FlutterDash777



Fluttershy's long-time relationship with Rainbow Dash may all come crashing down if she can't find a way to cure Rainbow Dash's jealousy over her friendship with Rarity.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,488

Cream

-Cream

The color of her skin is flawless. The softness of her mane is mind-blowing. I will never forget the beautiful feeling she had given me, once upon a time.


Rainbow could feel her heart throbbing with agony as she watched the fire rise higher. It was destroying everything she loved. It was devouring all of her life away before her very eyes. All the pegasus could do was watch as the cottage was being burned to the ground.

She could feel her memories dying away with it as wood crackled and smoke rose.

Dash had almost forgotten that she was being held back against her will. She had almost forgotten the reason that these tears were flooding her eyes. She had almost forgotten that face. Her memories of that beautiful face were being thrown away and now she could no longer remember.

It was her that was going to be missed the most, but how would she live on?

"Rainbow Dash."

The pegasus ignored the caller. Her eyes were swollen and her throat was too soar to scream anymore. She was beaten for the first time in her life and she wasn't going to fight it anymore.

"Rainbow Dash?"

The second time she heard her name she could feel pain in her stomach. Why was that voice calling out to her? What could they possibly want from her now when everything she had ever loved was gone?

"Rainbow Dash?!"

The voice was starting to become muffled. She could hardly hear her name now. It was as if her ears were being stuffed with cotton. It was as if she was slowly dying away.

"Rainbow Dash!!"

The cyan pegasus' eyes shot open. Her heart pounded against her chest as she looked around swiftly.

There was no fire. Nothing seemed out of place. She was lying in bed, a cold sweat all around her, but everything seemed perfectly normal.

Her pink eyes turned to see her caller.

Fluttershy was hovering above her with a slight bit of relief in her eyes. She smiled as she could now see that her marefriend had awoken and she could now take a breather.

"You worried me there for a moment. I thought you would never wake up..." Fluttershy turned around and wiped off the bed side table with a cloth that was resting in her cream hoof. Her eye glimmered as Rainbow Dash watched her closely.

In her mind, she was terrified. The nightmare she was wrapped in moments ago was still lingering her her mind, and no matter how hard she tried, she could not forget the heat of the flames that had engulfed her life.

Her legs were shaky as she began to slowly make her way out of the bed. Rainbow wanted to look at Fluttershy in the eyes and talk to her about everyday things. She just wanted to sit down, eat breakfast, and talk about what their plans would be for the day. But no matter how hard she tried, Rainbow couldn't make eye contact with her.

"Is everything alright?" Fluttershy asked as she set down her cloth. Her eyes were filled with concern, and Rainbow Dash could feel it as the cream pegasus began to approach her.

Rainbow Dash wanted to say that she was fine. She wanted to reassure Fluttershy that there was nothing to worry about, but all she could do was nod her head and turn around to the stairs and walk away.

Rainbow mentally beat herself for ignoring Fluttershy for no reason. She knew that the yellow pegasus would be upset and confused, but she couldn't find herself to turn around and apologize. She couldn't tell her about the dream. She just couldn't.

Rainbow made her way down the stairs and she sat down at the dinning room table. She could see Angel in the corner of her eye sleeping on his favorite spot on the couch. She noticed every single detail as she looked around the cozy home that Fluttershy owned.

All of these memories seemed to be safe.

"Rainbow?"

The cyan pegasus could hear Fluttershy making her way down stairs. What was she going to do? What was she going to say?

Rainbow Dash looked around her mind for an answer as quickly as she possibly could.

It was just a dream, a nightmare. Everything is okay. Fluttershy is okay, she is just confused as to why you are ignoring her first thing in the morning. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! All I have to do is act like nothing is wrong. Play it cool. Rainbow Dash is completely cool.

"Rainbow?" Fluttershy turned into the kitchen and made her way over to the seated rainbow pegasus.

"Good morning, Flutters." Rainbow greeted the yellow pony with a bright smile.

"Oh. Well, I hope you slept well." Fluttershy sat down across from Rainbow and looked directly into her pink eyes as if she were just waiting to find something wrong.

"Yeah, I guess..." Rainbow mumbled under her breath. She was hardly audible, but Fluttershy didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Are you hungry? I'll make you something if you like." Fluttershy jolted from her seat and turned around to the counter behind her. She searched through the cabinets and pulled out a frying pan.

"We could just go out for breakfast. You don't have to cook for me." Rainbow began to get up from her chair but she was quickly stopped by her marefriend.

"No. Don't worry about it. I'm going out today, so I thought I could at least make you something to eat." Fluttershy smiled softly and then turned to the fridge to retrieve some eggs.

"Oh?" Rainbow sat back down slowly with one eyebrow raised.

Fluttershy shuffled through the shelves inside of the fridge as she continued to search for what it was she was intending on using for breakfast. She didn't really seem to catch the hint of question in Rainbow Dash's voice over the sound of her moving through various items in the cold box.

Rainbow Dash watched Fluttershy's flank as it waved about her face. She could almost feel herself getting a bit antsy just looking at it.

Fluttershy turned around as if she sensed somepony staring at her; however, she was smiling and carrying four eggs in her arms. Rainbow Dash let herself relax as she watched Fluttershy's backside more while her marefriend began to heat up the frying pan and break the egg yolks into a bowl.

"Where are you going today?" Rainbow nonchalantly asked as Fluttershy began to beat the eggs inside of the mixing bowl.

The pegasus didn't stop and turn around. She continued to beat the eggs as she perked her ears to hear Rainbow Dash's question.

Rainbow Dash let one eyebrow raise up once again as she heard Fluttershy giggle as a reaction to her question.

"Are you that forgetful, Dashie?" Fluttershy put down her spoon and began to pour the eggs into the frying pan. Rainbow could hear it sizzle as the mix slowly poured into the hot pan.

Rainbow's muzzle wrinkled up at Fluttershy's response. What was that suppose to mean anyways?

"Ah....forgetful....about what?" Rainbow Dash tried to laugh herself, but to no avail.

Fluttershy turned her eyes away from the frying eggs to look Rainbow Dash in the eyes. At first she was smiling, as if she thought Rainbow was only messing around, but she could soon feel that Rainbow really was forgetful.

Fluttershy turned back to the egg pan and left Rainbow with nothing else to look at but her back again.

"I'm going out with Rarity today, as I always do." Fluttershy said cheerfully, but Rainbow Dash could feel a bit of singe behind her words.

Had Rainbow upset her because she had forgotten that Fluttershy and Rarity hung out on this particular day every week? How is she suppose to remember that?!

Rainbow dropped her head in embarrassment. How couldn't she have remembered that....?

"Oh...I was just pulling your leg..." Rainbow said too quietly to hear.

She tried to cover herself with a smile as Fluttershy turned back around. The pegasus had two plates in her hooves. She set one down in front of Rainbow and then one for herself. Fluttershy looked up from her breakfast and smiled as if nothing had happened.

"Enjoy."

---

Rainbow waved her marefriend goodbye as Fluttershy went along her way to meet up with Rarity at the spa.

Rainbow Dash slowly shut the door behind her when she could tell that Fluttershy was completely safe on her trek to Ponyville. She walked over to the couch to see that Angel had got up and left to do better things somewhere other than here.

The cyan pegaus sat down and looked up at the ceiling. She slouched lower in the couch to see that this spot was actually very comfortable. She couldn't blame Angel for it being his favorite spot. Rainbow had tried to think back, but she couldn't ever recall ever sitting on this couch. She smiled at that strange thought.

She had been living here for how many years now, and this would be the first time she ever sat here? How odd.

Rainbow slouched down to a laying position and stretched her legs. Laying here was much better than the dumb old spa. If only she could convince Fluttershy of that, but how could she? Rarity had already corrupted Fluttershy enough with all her fashion and mamby-pamby ways. Rainbow hoped to Celestia that Fluttershy wouldn't become an addict like the unicorn, but she could also never see Fluttershy to become obsessed with anything either.

Rainbow smiled at her deep thinking. She had never really had the time to do much of that. She was usually always working or out practicing new moves, but today felt like a nice day to just relax for a change. If Fluttershy was off relaxing, then why shouldn't Rainbow?

The pegasus felt her eyes becoming heavy as she let her muscles relax. She stretched both of her arms behind her head and let her eyes slowly shut. She yawned quietly and let herself drift off into the deep.

---

"Oh, Fluttershy darling!" Rarity got up and trotted over to her best friend as she entered into the spa.

"I hope I'm not late." Fluttershy could feel a panic come over her as she feared Rarity had been waiting on her.

"No, no. Don't worry about such things. I'm glad to see you are doing well." Rarity began to nuzzle Fluttershy off to change into their robes.

"Oh, I am. Thank you." Fluttershy smiled as they tied their robes on firmly.

"Let us make ourselves even better! I feel like today we deserved a little bit more than the usual." Rarity gleamed as they walked over to Aloe and Lotus.

"Oh?" Fluttershy looked over with a bit of confusion in her tone.

"Don't worry. It's on me!" Rarity shined as she looked over to the spa twins.

"We will have the special please! Give us all you got!" The unicorn smiled wider than she had ever before. Her positive energy was leaking onto Fluttershy now.

"That sounds wonderful." Fluttershy turned over to her friend with a smile.

The two were rushed over to the steam room by the spa ponies. They kicked back and let themselves relax in each others companies.

"So how is Rainbow Dash doing lately? I haven't heard much from her and a good while." Rarity asked as she leaned her head back. Her mane was tied back in such a cute way. Fluttershy had noticed.

"She is fine.....I wonder if I could do my mane like that." Fluttershy quickly changed the conversation as she looked over to her friends mane-do.

"Oh it's nothing much." Rarity said as she quickly attached herself to this conversation.

"I much rather like your mane the way it is. It's so graceful." Rarity smiled as she moved her hoof about slowly, trying to imitate it's grace.

"Yes, but it is just so boring keeping it one way all the time. Maybe I could change things up a bit, it might surprise Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy smiled at the thought. Maybe a little bit more could attract her marefriends attention to her.

"You know, you are absolutely right, darling!" Rarity jolted up quickly as she let her blue eyes fall upon her timid friend.

"I-I am?" Fluttershy looked up in confusion.

"Completely! Everypony needs to change themselves up every now and then, and especially if you want to do it for Rainbow. Ah! How perfect!" Rarity giggled as she began to lean back down.

"Is that so?" Fluttershy looked over slowly.

"Indeed. We will have to get on that immediately! Right after we get done here that is." Rarity giggled.

"Oh my. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea anymore..." Fluttershy pleaded at her friend.

"Of course it is, Fluttershy! It's perfect." Rarity closed her eyes as she let the soothing steam open her pores.

Fluttershy whimpered quietly. She wasn't sure if Rainbow would like something different or not, but after this morning, Fluttershy was desperate to to something else. Rainbow just seems so bored with her lately. Their sex is even boring. Was it all because of Fluttershy?

Rarity opened her eyes to see stress upon her dear friend. She moved over closer to the pegasus enough to place a hoof on her shoulder in compassion.

"Don't worry, darling. It will be great. You're doing it for Rainbow Dash remember? I'm sure she will love it." Rarity smiled as she could feel Fluttershy's confidence building up.

"Okay..." Fluttershy said quietly as she tried to smile at the unicorn.

Maybe Rarity was right. Maybe all she needed was a bit of a change to spice things up.

"Great, and remember, you can always still go back to your normal self, because I happen to like you just the way you are." Rarity placed a hoof on Fluttershy's cheek.

The cream pegasus blushed and smiled as she turned her head. Rainbow will definitely love it. She will love it. Fluttershy just knew she would.

The two were soon being rushed out of the steam room and into some hot baths. The hot water was so relaxing against Fluttershy's skin. She just wanted to lie back and fall asleep.

"Oh, Rarity. This day has been so much fun." Fluttershy turned over to her friend in the bath next to her.

"It has my friend. Very fun indeed. I'm glad we decided to do this so often. It feels nice to get out with the one friend I have that enjoys the things I do." Rarity sighed softly as she leaned against the head of the tub. Two cucumbers were covering her eyes so Fluttershy was unable to see her friend underneath.

"Yeah..." Fluttershy said softly. It was so soft that Rarity didn't even hear her respond.

The two friends sat there in silence for the longest time. They just silently let the water sooth their skin and their worries as they leaned back together.

"Thank you so much, Rarity...."

---

The flames were almost tangible. The vision, almost visible. The sounds were almost audible, but it was all still just a nightmare.

Rainbow quickly opened her eyes. She was sweating once again as she awoke from her second nightmare. It was the same one from earlier, except this time everything felt too real for her own comfort and security.

Her heart pounded against her chest as she felt herself trying to panic. She knew everything was okay, but she couldn't help but feel like it wouldn't be for long.

It doesn't take long for something to disappear before your very eyes, and that is what Rainbow Dash feared the most. For her life to be taken away from her and there be nothing she could do to stop it.

Rainbow Dash had been having the same nightmare for over a month now. It was the exact same, only that it got even more real each time it occurred.

Rainbow's nights had been restless and she had been discarding her life away without even noticing it herself.

There was really nothing Rainbow feared more than losing the one she loved the most, and she knew that without Fluttershy, there was nothing else she could ever live for.

She needed Fluttershy to survive in this dark world, but Fluttershy never seemed to be around anymore. It was almost as if she had began to disappear out of Rainbow Dash's life slowly, one step at a time. Rainbow needed Fluttershy more than the sun. She needed her love more than anything, and she needed to keep it safe away from anything and everything.

Rainbow had finally began to understand what her nightmares were trying to tell her. Rainbow couldn't keep taking Fluttershy for granted, because soon she would be gone. Rainbow couldn't let Fluttershy leave her. Rainbow needed her love. Rainbow needed Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash looked up from her position on the couch.

How long had she been asleep?

Fluttershy left at one, and now it's.....

The pegasus looked over to the clock. She squinted a bit to make it easier to see what time it was. She could now tell that the big arrow was on the six and the little hand was on the four.

What?!

Fluttershy had been gone for three hours??

Rainbow Dash jolted up from her couch. Her heart raced as she thought of the many reasons for Fluttershy to be out so late. She could hardly wrap herself around one explanation, but she knew one thing, that Fluttershy had been with....Rarity.

Rainbow Dash needed Fluttershy, but did Fluttershy need something else?! Was that what this was all about?! Or was she just late and got tied up with something else?

Rainbow Dash began to pace the floor.

Fluttershy would be home soon. She had to be.