• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 916 Views, 16 Comments

Equestria Unlimited - Bateman66



Experience Equestria like you’ve never seen before! A compilation of alternate universes and “what if…” scenarios ripped straight from the multi-verse. Witness the land you know and love how it was never meant to be!

  • ...
1
 16
 916

Earth: 1818 "Mayor Applejack"

Earth #: 1818
Codename: “Mayor Applejack”


In this Earth, Applejack decided to stay in Manehatten as a filly and not return to Sweet Apple Acres. After witnessing the sonic rain-boom, she instead took it as a sign to enjoy the surrounding beauty of the metropolis she had so far been ignoring.

She explored every inch of territory surrounding her apartment and quickly moved on to entire swaths of the city map. Over time, she became well known of the city and its layout and found herself to be just as knowledgeable as the locals, if not more.

Starting school in the fall, Applejack met a wonderful group of five other fillies, each one denizens of different parts of town. This mixed background of ponies created an interesting combination between the group and their frequent adventures.

Over time, the six ponies forged an unbreakable bond of friendship between each other and were inseparable for the rest of their lives. Even as each filly earned their Cutie Mark (Applejack being the last) they still loved and cherished every minute they spent together, their relationship not changing a bit over time.

On the day that her mark finally did appear, AJ had fully accepted her special talent of orating. More then once, was she able to talk down arguments between her friends and others, with her honeyed but honest words. As she progressed in age, she attempted a career in theater and quickly rose up the stage hierarchy, eventually staring in the lead role as “Ever-Meaner Scrooge” in the play A Hearth’s Warming Story.

However, she later left the theatre scene, stating that the opulent appearances and self-serving lifestyles “just ain’t in ma’ blood”. By that time, she was well into her adulthood and had no career to pursue.

She bounced around for a bit, trying different jobs, hoping to find something that fueled her love of public speaking and problem solving, but something that wouldn’t nurture an individualist attitude.

She landed a job as a speaking coach, mainly dealing with bumbling Equestrian politicians trying to sound more bravado in the face of voters. One day, one of her regulars, the Mayor of Manehatten himself, waddled into her office, sick as a dog with a horrible whopping cough. The pudgy pony collapsed onto the floor and begged her to read his address for the following day, citing: “I just can’t do it!”

Nervous but still determined, Applejack proudly trotted toward the great white domed building in the city center with passion in her heart. She explained to the Mayor’s cabinet the situation and they agreed to the decision to have her step in as the speech reader. It was a Monday afternoon when she slowly walked towards the podium right outside the grand Center Park.
AJ told the crowd why she was standing in for the Mayor and was about to begin the speech when the pages were suddenly carried up by a gust of wind and thrown across the stage. Not hesitating a moment, she began. Even without the papers in front of her, she still did a fantastic job speaking to the sea of ponies. But instead of reading what she memorized from the prepared speech, Applejack simply improvised ever element of the conference on the spot.

Carried away by the moment, Applejack began telling the crowd, what she thought was best for the City of Manehatten and what she would do if in the Mayor’s shoes for a day. The cabinet was appalled.

The power to her microphone was quickly cut and one of the acolytes ran up on stage to address the crowd. But before the crony could speak, the entire gathering of ponies began to cheer and applaud for AJ and her amazing plans for the city. Before anypony knew it, Applejack was running for mayor.

Although he tried his best with attack ads, backroom favors, and general dastardliness, there was no way for the Mayor to stop the amazing support AJ had with the voters. Her honesty and complete detachment for the political machine won the hearts of nearly every citizen in Manehatten.

On election day, the Mayor gave one last speech saying that: “the ponies of Manehatten have no idea what they were getting themselves into”. He predicted an age of ailing progress and absolute crumbling in all aspects of the city’s achievements. Applejack winning the mayor’s office would spell disaster for the city and everypony in it. He couldn’t have been more wrong.

From her first day, she fixed the grating problems that had gripped the city for generations. Corruption was stamped out, businesses flourished, art and literature where encouraged, and the ponies of Manehatten couldn’t be happier. For years, the city would continue in this state, watched over carefully by her wisdom and even-hoofed justice.

One morning, after five years without a single vacation day, it was unanimously decided by her cabinet for Mayor Applejack to take a mandatory one week leave of absence. It took her awhile to decide where she wished to travel. There were plenty of amazing resorts and exotic locations all around Equestria for her to choose from.

However, Applejack knew that there was only one other place in the entire world where she would like to be, other then Manehatten. With nostalgia leading her, she chose to return to Sweet Apple Acres after all these years.

Arriving in Ponyville the next day, she trotted down the familiar dirt road that led straight to the family farm. Along the way, she passed through the center of town, taking in the sweet memories she had cherished so dearly from her childhood.
While walking past an oddly shaped glass boutique, she spotted a unicorn trotting down the other side of the road. It was a mare, purple in complexion, and going in the opposite direction.

Trailing the unicorn was a short stubby baby dragon holding a large stack of books. He was speaking to the unicorn while she scrawled something down on a piece of parchment held close to her face. The two paid AJ no mind as she stopped for a moment and began to stare at them.

Something seemed familiar about the duo, the unicorn in particular. Even after they had moved completely past her line of sight, AJ still stood there, looking at where they had been.

Turning back towards Sweet Apple Acres, she continued to walk down the dusty road. She turned around one more time and stared back down the path, towards Ponyville. She felt strangely sad for a moment, and had no idea why.