• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 917 Views, 16 Comments

Equestria Unlimited - Bateman66



Experience Equestria like you’ve never seen before! A compilation of alternate universes and “what if…” scenarios ripped straight from the multi-verse. Witness the land you know and love how it was never meant to be!

  • ...
1
 16
 917

Earth: 5622 "Kindly Communistic"

Earth #: 5622
Codename: “Kindly Communistic”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake silently went through preparations for the night. The glasses were washed, the distillery had been filled, and the counter was scrubbed. All they awaited now was the first rush of customers on that cold winter’s night.

Thick clumps of flurries paraded onto the cobbled streets outside their meager tavern and they of all ponies knew that the cold always attracted the drinking type. Mr. Cake had just put a new bottle of vinegar and salt onto the serving shelf, when the first patron of the night came through their door.

“Officer Sparkle!” greeted Mrs. Cake, “What a pleasant surprise!”

“Thank you comrade Cake” returned Twilight Sparkle, “I always enjoy the company of good people like you and your husband, especially in troubling times like this.”

Twilight, still standing at the gangly rug near the front door, slipped off her red scarf and stuck it onto a nearby coat rack. She stomped the snow off her hooves and trotted towards her normal booth along the wall of the room. Sitting down, she made a waving gesture with her hoof, and the Cakes immediately got to work.

“So how are things troubling?” Queried Mr. Cake as he poured Twilight’s normal mug of sour cider. “Is it something with the Griffons?”

“No, not just the Griffons. More unrest in Celestiagrad. Food riots and such. We’ve had to dispatch a few soldiers to keep the peace.”

Mr. Cake made his way over to the booth, the mug balanced on his head. “And the Griffons?”

“They’ve been using spy-gliders on us again. Only this time they fly so high our Air Corps can’t reach them. So we can see them taking photos of our nation, we just can’t stop them.”

Mr. Cake set down the glass of cider on Twilight’s table and quickly walked back around the counter. The night was still young so he could only expect more customers. Mrs. Cake came back from the kitchen, carrying a bowl of grilled flowers and steamed hay.

“Here you go” she said as she put the food down in the middle of Twilight’s table. “Are comrades Dash, Jack, and Rarity coming this night, officer?”

Twilight was sipping her drink heartily as she responded. “Not comrade Rarity. She’s been busy repairing clothes for the steel workers. The flames in those foundries always singe the jumpsuits first.”

Mrs. Cake nodded and moved back into the kitchen. Mr. Cake moved his hoof towards the old radio that sat on one of the drink shelves when the door suddenly burst open.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack came galloping into the room, leaving tracks of snow behind them. “Sorry for be’en late Twilight” apologized Applejack, “All this snow makes it mighty difficult to maneuver about.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Or maybe you shouldn’t have been such a slow poke getting here. I could’ve flow the both of us here at the drop of a dime.” Applejack sat down next to Twilight in the booth followed by RD dropping into the other side of the table.

Mr. Cake began to pour the usuals for the girls as he finally clicked on the dumpy old radio. Immediately, nationalistic tunes began to sing out of the box, filling the tavern with some much needed energy.

“I love this song!” exclaimed Dash. “United as sisters we staaaaand! For the love of our nation and wooooorld! With hammer and cycle we caaaaarve! A brand new world of our ooooown!

Shaking his head at her poor singing, Mr. Cake brought over the rest of the drinks and took his place back behind the bar.

The three began to munch and drink on their small feast in front of them. AJ and RD gobbled most of the food down while Twilight slowly drank in silence. Noticing her aloofness, AJ stopped eating for a moment.

“Twilight…is something wrong? Ya’ don’t seem right.”

Twilight Sparkle responded in a very low voice, almost like a whisper. “I have concerns for our great nation comrades. I have kept them held within myself for a considerable amount of time and I’m not sure if I can stand it any longer.”

Rainbow Dash looked flabbergasted and immediately stopped eating. “What do you mean concerns?”

“Comrade Celestia” she continued, “I am starting to doubt her leadership capabilities greatly.”

Applejack was taking a swig of vinegar when she heard this and she instinctively spat out her drink onto the table. “What!?!”

“You heard me! She is unfit, I have seen it myself. I have been in her presence for several years. I know her better then any of you, and what I think is so.”

Mr. Cake, nervously pretending not to listen, slowly took out a piece of paper from his apron and began to scrawl something down onto it. Twilight immediately noticed and calmly yelled over to the timid bartender.

“Don’t even think about contacting the police, comrade Cake. They know me and I know them. But you on the other hoof may not be so lucky.”

Mr. Cake frighteningly responded to the hidden threat. “What do you mean by that, officer!”

“It means that the police and I are good friends, and they would not mind giving me a favor or two to those who rat on military officers. You’re a good father Mr. Cake; don’t throw it all away for some patriotic devotion of yours. It’s not going to get you far.”

Mr. Cake was practically ready to faint as he quickly got up from his chair and bolted into the kitchen.

Twilight sat back down as if nothing had happened and got back to her drinking. Rainbow and Applejack were uneasy from what they had just seen but Applejack nervously pressed on.

“But how is the Princess of Steel unable to lead? She’s been such a good leader in the past.”

Twilight gently set down her drink and stared the two mares straight in the eyes. “Maybe she was, maybe she wasn’t. But what I can confirm is that she has gone mad. Completely, utterly, mad.”

“I have seen her bouts.” She continued. “Talking to herself, snapping at her guards, crying uncontrollably. She stays in her bedroom for hours in a single day, and does absolutely nothing in terms of helping the nation. It’s just her advisors that pull the strings these days and even they are afraid of her.”

“Then what are you proposing?” asked Rainbow Dash accusatorily. “You want to be in charge now?”

Anger rippled into Twilight’s eyes. “I said nothing of the sort, how dare you!”

“Now Twilight, don’t get all riled up at Rainbow Dash. It’s just that no pony normally talks like this, even if they are a military officer. You’re not invincible, you know.”

Twilight aimed her growing anger towards Applejack. “But aren’t you worried? Aren’t you concerned? Don’t you want to do something about this, for the good of everypony else?”

“Twilight…” said Applejack as she put her hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “We leave things like that to the higher up, the leaders. We are workers, and glorious Equestria needs workers. If we were too distracted thinking about politics that are out of our control, then no work would be done, and the country would most certainly die.”

“So two of you don’t want to talk about this, don’t even want to think about this obvious problem?”

Rainbow Dash and Applejack both shook their heads in unison.

“Well if that is the case” said Twilight as she rose out of the booth, “Then I’m going home, goodnight comrades!”

Twilight Sparkle stomped over to the front door and yanked her scarf off the hook. Hastily tying it around her neck, she kicked the door open and left the tavern without even saying “goodbye” to her friends.

As she walked home, the fresh snow crunched under her hooves while she maneuvered through the crowded wooden and concrete structures that were the heart and soul of Ponyville. She made her way down several vacant alley ways and side streets, the normal shortcuts back to her upstanding officer’s apartment.

She continued down her last alley way, from there all she would have to do was turn onto Mane Street and she would be home. The biting cold was starting to get to her hooves and the scarf was doing little to keep her head warm.

Middle way through the alley, she noticed a recently placed poster on one of the brick walls. It was picture of a muscular looking stallion clutching a hammer and looking up at a golden sky. The text bellow the figure read: A New Age of Peace, Prosperity, and Hope

Something creeped out of the corner of her eye and she instinctively turned her entire body around to face the mouth of the alley. A dark silhouette had appeared a few feet away, vacantly standing at the end of the road. She couldn’t make out what it was but she could easily see the gleam of something on its chest, something bright, a red star.

She stood frozen in time as the figure stared at her and she stared at the figure. She was about to open her mouth when she saw the shadow raise something from its side. Even in the darkness of night she could tell exactly what it was, a gun. Before she could even scream out in terror, a bullet ripped through her chest and she fell. Her body landed on the cold stone pavement and the silhouette disappeared.