• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 670 Views, 3 Comments

Johnathan - Dashie222



A story about Johnathan the pony.

  • ...
 3
 670

The First Day

The First Day



"Johnathan," I heard a voice call out to me as I began to wake up, "Johnathan. Wake up Johnathan. It's time for school."

"I don't want to go to school Mom," I said as I lifted my blanket over my head.

"You have to; after all it is your first day."

"But I don't know anypony."

"And you never will if you don't go to school."

"Let me rephrase that, I don't want to know anypony. Besides I already know everything they teach."

"Well then it should be easy for you."

My mom lifted the blanket off my head and the light from the window began to blind me. I closed my eyes but the sun was still too bright. I grabbed my blanket and pulled it over me again.

“Ok then,” my mom said as she began to leave, “Your dad and I will just have to eat all of the pancakes I made by ourselves.”

I threw my blanket off of me, “Did you say pancakes?” I asked excitedly.

“Yes,” she replied.

“Are they chocolate chip pancakes?”

“Yes again,”

“Awesome!”

I jumped out of my bed and began to run downstairs to get my chocolate chip pancakes. It was true that I absolutely love pancakes, especially chocolate chip pancakes, so I would even do some things I hated doing. Going to school was one of those things. I had just moved to Ponyville and this was my first day here. I didn’t want to go to school but I had to if I wanted pancakes. The walk over to school was a bit awkward since none of the ponies I saw knew me and they were constantly saying hello. I was the last one to enter the door to school and as I did the bell rang.

The teacher looked over at me and said, “Could you please come to the front of the class Johnathan.”

“No thanks,” I said as I sat in one of the empty desks.

“Well it wasn’t really a question,” the teacher said in a commanding voice.

“It’s just that I would feel uncomfortable standing in front of the class explaining that my name is Johnathan and I came from Trottingham while each student silently judged every physical aspect of me such as why I don’t have a cutie mark or why my wings are bigger than the regular Pegasus of my age. And furthermore I have just said everything I would have said had I stood in front of the class so it is now pointless for me to get up.”

Each student and the teacher looked at me in disbelief of what I said. The other kids began to whisper among them, thought I could hear every word.

“You’re going to have to stay after school Johnathan,” the teacher said as she silenced the whispering.

“Very well,” I said.

The day continued on with the teacher “teaching” me things that I already knew. About half way through the day things got interesting again. The teacher had just handed out the math test for us to take. I looked over it and in less than a minute I flipped my test over and said, “Done.”

Every other kid in the class dropped their pencils in shock as the teacher walked towards me. She picked up my test expecting every answer to be wrong, quickly looked over it and gave it a grade. She set the test face-down on my desk. I flipped it over as she walked back to her desk. 100% as I expected. Then the rest of the school day settled down. I was kept after school like the teacher said and, as my punishment, I had to write ‘I will not talk back to my teacher’ until I filled up the chalkboard. To the teacher’s surprise I finished in mere minutes and left earlier than was planned.

I had just left and waiting for me were two ponies, a pink one and a gray one. They walked in front of me to block my path.

“Hey you got out pretty fast,” the gray one said.

“What did they realize you were too dumb to be in school,” the pink one got in on the insult.

I knew that these two would be a constant bore if I didn’t do something now. I looked down and saw a small rock near my left hoof. I say a small frog jump next to the gray pony, though it was still a good distance away. It clicked.

“Probability of success, ninety-nine percent,” I said to myself.

“What did you say?” the pink pony said.

I kicked the rock right behind the frog and it jumped out of fear on to the gray pony.

“Aaahh,” the gray pony screamed and shook when she saw the frog on her back.

“Aaahh,” the pink pony screamed as the frog jumped from the gray one on to her.

I couldn’t help but fall on my back and laugh at them. It was just hilarious to see them going crazy over nothing. I stopped laughing after they ran off and I began to hear snickers coming from a nearby bush. I walked over to the bush and parted the branches. Inside were three ponies. I recognized them immediately as kids from my class. I stepped back as they each jumped out.

“That was pretty awesome teaching those two a lesson,” the orange Pegasus said.

“Yeah those two are always gettin’ on mah nerves,” said the yellow earth pony.

“Your names are Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle and you three are part of a group called the Cutie Mark Crusaders,” I said.

“How did ya know all that?” Apple Bloom asked me.

“That was just mah analysis of y’all,” I said mimicking Apple Bloom’s dialect.

“Hey are you makin’ fun of me?” Apple Bloom asked in an accusatory tone.

“No I was just finishing my analysis,”

“Huh?”

“Nothing,” I said, “My name’s Johnathan.”

“You mentioned that you didn’t have a cutie mark,” Sweetie Belle piped up, “Maybe you could be a Cutie Mark Crusader with us.”

“That’s a great idea Sweetie Belle,” Apple Bloom said rather enthusiastically.

I could see that Scootaloo wasn’t the happiest about Sweetie Belle’s offer.

“I’ll have to think about it,” I said.

“Ok,” said Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle simultaneously.

“Hey is this your first day in Ponyville?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yeah,” I replied with a bit of sadness in my voice that could only be detected by somepony like me.

“Then you have to meet Rainbow Dash. She’s only the most awesomest pony in all of Ponyville.”

“Maybe tomorrow,” I said.

“Ok then we’ll see you tomorrow Johnathan,” Sweetie Belle said as we went separate ways.

‘What did I get myself into’ I thought as I got home.

“How was your day Johnathan?” my dad asked as I entered the house.

“Umm… Good,” I replied.