• Published 13th Jun 2013
  • 681 Views, 2 Comments

The Changeling King Ch.1 - Cryptid



A terrible menace has come to Ponyville

  • ...
 2
 681

Ch2. An Absence of Apple Bloom

"Twilight, My whole body is shaking! That means a big doozy is gonna happen! Do you remember last time when the doozy happened and there was a hydra and we thought that was the doozy but we realized it wasn't and you caught on fire and then you sai- mph mph!" Twilight stuffed her hoof in Pinkie's mouth.

"Yes, Pinkie, I remember." Said Twilight. "But with all the storms and everything, I'm lead to believe that this time, the 'doozy' isn't going to be anything good." Almost immediately after Twilight was done talking, a scream pierced the night.

"Somepony, anypony, help!" it was the southern accented voice of Apple Bloom, and it was fading. Fast. Pinkie and Twilight exchanged worried looks before dashing outside. Right as the got out the door, they say an orange pony with a yellow run swiftly by.

"Get back here with my sister, ya varmint!" yelled Applejack. Twilight looked up, and what she saw was not a pretty sight. Flying towards the Everfree Forest was a changeling carrying apple bloom. Pinkie gulped.

"Twilight, thank goodness!" Yelled Applejack frantically "Think you can use yer magic to get 'Bloom down?"

"I-I'll try" said Twilight. She began to concentrate. Right as she was firing a levitation spell to hold the changeling in place, she was knocked to the side by Pinkie Pie, breaking her concentration, and causing the Apple Bloom and the Changeling to go flying into the Everfree Forest.

"Pinkie, look what you did!" Yelled Twilight.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me yelled Pinkie, pointing towards the changeling that had knocked her into Twilight. "Oh" said Twilight quietly. Then she used her magic to render the changeling unconscious.

"C'mon, lets go get my sister!" Called Applejack you was already heading towards the Everfree Forest.
When they arrived, they immediately found the unconscious changeling laying about ten feet from the entrance of the forest.The kept running calling Apple Bloom's name until they came upon Zecora's hut. The knocked on the door to see if the zebra had seen anything.

When Zecora opened the door she said "Hello, it's good to see you again. Fear not, I found Apple Bloom in the glen."

"Thank goodness" said Applejack, hugging her sister "I don't know how to thank you, Zecora."

"There is no need-" but before the zebra could finish, she was interrupted by Pinkie Pie, who started Shaking again.

"whoa, whoa, whoa!" She said.

"Uh, oh," said Twilight, sounding worried "that means those changelings weren't the doozy!"

"No." said a deep, menacing voice. "I am!"