• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 470 Views, 16 Comments

Lost Memories - bright_night



Bright Night Woke up in Ponyville with no memories. Can he remember where he came from? And what caused him to loose his memories in the first place?

  • ...
 16
 470

Danger Ahead

Chapter 4 Danger Ahead

I have never met the princess, at least not that I remember, so you can imagine how shocked I was when they came saying that they wanted to help save Fluttershy. I had expected the Princesses to be pretty, but when you see them standing right in front of you pretty seems almost like an insult to them. No, they weren't just pretty, they were the perfect ponification of beauty.

Celestia was twice as tall as anypony in the room. Her mane was like a rainbow of muted colors, flowing as if it was made of light itself. Her coat the same as snow which perfectly contrasted with her cutie mark of the morning star, and her horn resonated with magical energy.

Her sister Luna, on the other hoof, had a deep blue coat; with an ink blot looking patch of fur where her moon shaped cutie mark stood. Unlike Celestia, she was no larger than any of the other mares in the room. In her mane and tail, you could see entire galaxies. It was as if looking into the night sky itself.

“Have thou thought of anything?” Princess Luna asked, “Time is running out, is it not?”

I got the feeling that the princess were good friends with mine, though I’m not sure that I fully grasp the extent.

“Rainbow is currently searching the sky looking for signs of Fluttershy or her ponyknappers. I have a strange gut feeling that this may have something to do with Bright Night,” Twilight answered, “After all, everything started the day after Pinkie brought him to us.”

“I fear you may be right Twilight,” Celestia said, “And if you are, then I fear for his sake as much as Fluttershy’s.”

Celestia and Luna, as well as every other pony, looked at me with fear in their eyes. Not a fear as tho they were afraid of me, but more a fear of the unknown. I imagine it was pretty unnerving to them. It definitely was for me. I could tell that Celestia was especially concerned for me. It gave me the feeling that she knew something that she wasn’t telling everypony.

Before I could finish my next thought, Rainbow Dash came crashing through the door. She was quite obviously in a panic, though I had know idea why.

“Did you find anything, darling?” Rarity asked

Rainbow could barely speak.

“Everfree... Old castle... Bright lights...”

“Calm down so we can understand you,” Twilight said to the panicked Rainbow Dash, “Now tell us exactly what you saw.”

Rainbow took a deep breath, and then proceeded to speak.

“I was flying over the Everfree forest,” she started, “I didn’t see anything, so I decided I would check the old abandoned castle. You know, the one where we first found the elements, that one. Anyways, as I approached, I saw a bright light appear from inside. And then I heard a scream. It sounded like Fluttershy’s, and then the light and scream disappeared. I went to see what happened, but when I got inside, it was as though nothing ever happened. It was just an empty castle.”

Fear had seeped its way into her voice. From what I knew of her, I could tell she wasn’t one to get scared easily, I could tell that we should be concerned. The others seemed to agree with me, for they too, bore an expression of concern on their faces.

“This cannot be good,” Celestia stated.

~~~

Fluttershy screamed. The burn was like nothing she ever experienced before. Tears were flowing from her eyes like there was a broken water pipe.

“wh- why?” she asked

She could barely speak, the pain hurt so bad. To top it all off they hadn’t allowed her to sleep since she got there, a couple of days ago. She had to hold her eyes open, she didn’t know what they would do to her if she didn’t. She just wanted to get out of this place, out of the dark.

“We’ll find your friend,” Trixie said, “and when we do he will be worse off than you.”

“What do you want with him?” Fluttershy asked

“We created him. Is it so wrong to want him back?”

Created him? Fluttershy thought, What did they mean by “created”?

“You see,” Trixie continued, “The reason he has no memory, is because he was a laboratory experiment, created in a test tube. When he became sentient and escaped, we wiped his memory so no one would learn about us from him. But now we need to continue our research, and to do that we need your friend. What did you say you called him? Oh yeah, Bright Night,” she chuckled at that, “Pathetic.”

“If it’s him you want, why are you doing this to me?” Fluttershy asked

“Because I just don’t like you.”

~~~

We arrived at the abandoned castle. It was dark... Far darker than I expected.

“Let’s just find what were looking for so that we can get out of here,” I said. There was something about this place that sent chills down my spine. It was weird. It felt familiar, however I’m not sure why.

“This place is giving me the creeps,” I continued

“Agreed. So what exactly are we looking for?” Rainbow asked

“Anything that will give hints to where they took Fluttershy, or at least who took Fluttershy,” Celesta answered

“But we have been looking for hours and found nothing,” Rarity complained

“Yes, but right now this is the only lead we have, so unless y’all have another idear, we are gonna keep looking till theres nowhere else ta look here,” said Applejack

“Applejacks right, we need to keep looking”

~~~

Spike was alone, he remained behind to look after the library. Twilight decided it should remain open, but Spike was getting bored. She had said she was only going to be gone for about two hour, it was now closer to five. Luna had thankfully stayed behind to lend a hoof, but she was completely unfamiliar with how he library worked and thus she was not much help.

“It’s almost time for me to close the library. Thanks for your help today Princess,” Spike said

“Thou art very welcome, Spike” the little blue alicorn responded

Luna started to leave, but turned around when she heard Spike say her name.

“Yes, Spike?” She asked him. He looked nervous to ask her what it was he wanted to ask, “It is ok, thou can ask thee what thou like. Tis not necessary for thou to be nervous.”

“It’s not that,” he replied, “I’m worried about Fluttershy. Do you think she will be alright?”

“I’m sure she will be fine,” Luna answered.

~~~

“If I help you find him will you let me go?” Fluttershy asked, on the verge of tears, hating herself for even suggesting such a thing

“No,” Starlight answered her. He was not paying her much attention as he was working with some chemicals in test tubes. Trixie had told him to watch Fluttershy to make sure she didn’t escape, but Starlight did not think that would be an issue. She was tied up at both the hooves and wings, and behind inch thick steel bars. The room was made up of solid rock a good ten feet underground.

“Why not?” Fluttershy begged

“For one, I have strict orders not to release you. Master Trixie has something special planned for you,” Starlight told her, “For two, even if she didn’t have plans for you or tell me not to release you, we all know that you would not betray Bright Night. You are the element of kindness. It would be against your nature to betray an ‘innocent’ pony”

He said the word ‘innocent’ in extreme sarcasm. In his twisted mind, no part of him believed Bright Night was even a pony much less an innocent one. To him Bright Night was just a failed experiment, unworthy to be considered anything else.

“You big meanie,” Said Fluttershy angrily

Author's Note:

Ok, I admit. Not the best chapter. But it gives you some interesting information. Right?