• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 965 Views, 24 Comments

Luna Reborn - VedaQuila



The years before Luna's nightmare are hardly ever discussed between the sisters of Canterlot, and for good reason. Will Luna ever be with her Prince Charming?

  • ...
2
 24
 965

Our Life

"Luna!" Celestia called, before entering her room. "Sister, you look beautiful!" Luna was wearing a long, purple gown covered in diamonds that represented stars, and at the tail, the dawn. Celestia wore a golden gown that had blue feather print that represented the birds, and at the tail dusk.

"Are you ready?" Luna put on her childhood crown for the last time, before following her sister to the alcove behind the throne room. All that separated them was a curtain. Celestia went out to greet the people and then begin the ceremony before Luna was to join her. She was nervous. Would he get her message?

That was when she heard hoof steps behind her, and she turned to see the Doctor. She tackled him in a hug. "I've missed you." She whispered into his mane.

"But I've been gone all of two minutes." She laughed. "You mean all of two years?" She said letting go of him. He gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry."

He smiled as he took in her appearance. "An important event?" He asked curious.

"You should brush up on your pony history." He snorted. "Pony history! Hahaha!"

She sighed. "Take a guess then."

He stopped laughing, and looked deep in thought. "You're getting married?"

It was Luna's turn to laugh, "No, silly! It's my coronation!" He gaped. "Coro-coronation?"

She nodded. "Silly doctor. I am the Princess Luna, Princess of Darkness, ruler of the moon, next to my sister ruler of the sun." Luna said.

He staggered. "For one so wise, you know so little." She said, cocking her head to one side. He tried to smile. "I-I-it was so obvious."

Luna nodded. "And now you can never return." She said, seeing it in his eyes. His head fell. Tears came to Luna's eyes. "Stay for the party. Please." He lifted his head, tears showing, and nodded. She walked forward and pulled him into a hug.

His memories didn't effect her any more, but it didn't make them any less horrific.

"Luna I'm-" He tried to say before she cut him off.

"No, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. I don't need to know." She felt his tears on her shoulder.

"Ok." He sniffed.

Luna let go and turned to the sound of hoof steps. "Go now." She said, and he walked away behind her.

"Princess Celestia is awaiting Princess Luna." Luna nodded, all evidence of tears gone. She went through the curtain out into the throne room, where hundreds of her ponies stamped as she entered.

"Luna." Her sister greeted her.

Luna stood beside her sister, promising and vowing off by heart, and out of the corner of her eye, searching for the doctor. "I pronounce you my sister, and Princess of the Darkness!" The ponies around her cheered and stomped their feet, and she beamed at them as she spotted the doctor at the back of the room. Her sister lead her to the balcony, where her childhood crown was removed, and her official crown placed on her head.

A faint blue glow outlined her body and hair, as the crown's magic began working. It turned her a few shades darker, and gave her a more adult looking body, and made her hair like a night sky, many constellations glowing brightly.

"You are beautiful." Her sister whispered. The crowd went wild. "To everypony, I make my commitment, to serve you, through times of hardship, and through wars* and famine. I make my commitment to you, which is a promise I shall keep till my final breath! And I shall trust you all completely, unless a reason is given not to. Your needs are mine. I swear on Celestia, that I will protect you till my final day, and shall never betray you. I am your servant, forever and always." The crowd cheered as she walked to the party, greeting ponies here and there.

She smiled till her jaw hurt, but she could not stop. And as she arrived at the party, her smile widened as she saw the Doctor.

But Celestia's fell.

The Doctor averted his gaze, and left the room, followed closely by Celestia and a cautious Luna. When out of ear shot, Celestia turned on him. "Why are you here!? I thought I told you, not to return unless the time was right!?" Luna hid behind her sister, knowing the day this punishment was given like the back of her hoof.

"Celestia, I can explain." The doctor said, calm.

"You better."

He sighed, sitting in the Princess's presence.

"He doesn't need to." Luna whispered, but they both heard. "Sister, he is my friend, and I invited him here. Does he need a better excuse?" Celestia growled. "After all the things he has done to you, he is still your friend? He has given reason to not be trusted, and so was told to leave Equstria to go to-"

"Wherever the time took him." Luna ended. Celestia was shocked. "How-how?"

"It was an accident, that day, many years ago. I was a foal, I met him in the corridors, and asked him how he had found me. When his answer was inadequate, I pushed past him, finding horrific memories, that he took most of back."

"Then I met him again, two years ago. You remember the rest, sister. I know him more, than he knows himself." Celestia was sad. "You may stay for the party, but Luna shall never see you again. Do I make myself clear?" They nodded, and she walked away.

Luna hugged him again. "I shall miss you sorely, my Doctor." He nodded. "And I shall miss you too, my moon. But I will always watch the stars." She pulled away, and kissed his nose. He turned red.

She laughed. "You look like a tomato!" They laughed together, for the last time, Luna thought.

"Come, dance with me." She grabbed his hoof, but he stopped. "I, um, can't dance." Luna sighed. "I'll show you! Now, come along!" She pulled him to the dance floor, and showed him how to dance.

"There, now you have it." The Doctor smiled. As the song ended, Luna was snatched up by most of her subjects. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the Doctor pull Celestia to the side. She made her way over, listening in.

"... Celestia, she is trying to get back, or at least will be soon. She will go straight for her, once you are gone. And you don't have a choice either. This must happen. Don't trust her after it. I know how it will tear you apart, but you can't. For both of your safeties." Celestia was close to tears.

"What is going on?" Luna asked.

The Doctor sighed as Celesia turned away. "Luna, I'm so sorry. I can't tell you."

Luna growled at the stubborn pony. "I am your Princess and you will tell me what upset my sister!"

The Doctor just shook his head. "I cannot and that is final!" He stormed off leaving Luna to her thoughts.



Shortly after Celestia told her they would be leaving soon, so Luna raced off to find the Doctor. She spotted him, head hung, tail down, heading for the exit.

"Stop." She said. He turned his head to look at her, not raising it. "Doctor." She pulled him into a hug. He tried to wriggle away, but she held him tight. He stopped struggling, and returned her hug. "Goodbye." She backed away, bowed, and left, her sister behind her, head high.

"I love you." She whispered under her breath.

Author's Note:

*Wars like the battle against Discord and stuff. Mandatory speech stuff just in case, you know?