• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 1,161 Views, 8 Comments

A Tour of Neopia - nightelf37



The Mane Six tour Neopia, the world of Neopets. Copyright 1999-2013 Neopets, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

  • ...
12
 8
 1,161

Meeting the Delegates

Euryflavia woke up to the smell of chocolate fudge. The aroma was so strong it aroused her from her slumber. When she got up, she found out that her fellow Neopets were up as well.

"Is somebody baking fudge for us?" she wondered.

"Impossible," mused Aquanax. "Our User doesn't even have an oven."

"In fact, no ovens can be placed in these new Neohomes yet," added Tychophon. "Still, the fudge is strange."

"The scent is much stronger now. And it's coming from the right."

The four Neopets turned their heads as one to their right and were a bit surprised at what they saw. There were six occupants on their four beds, with two each on Messerole and Aquanax's beds.

"You think those must be the delegates?" Euryflavia asked.

"Must be," the grundo replied. "They certainly don't look like unis."

"Let's take a closer look." The two of them and Aquanax immediately approached the newcomers. Tychophon however took his time and remained cautious. In a few seconds, they all reached their beds and took a good look at their new occupants.

They certainly had the proportions of a Uni, but they all seemed to be a couple of inches shorter, though they're still taller than any of the four by at least a foot. Their muzzles were curvy and pointed up, and their eyelashes were long and visible. By Neopet standards, these (the eyelashes) made them female.

On Tychophon's bed was presumably a unicorn (pony), and she was facing the wall, Her coat was light purple, and her (properly brushed) hair was dark indigo with a magenta and purple streak. Her "cutie mark" (as they were told about by Princess Luna) was a six-pointed pink star overlaid on a white one with five small white stars surrounding the two.

On Aquanax's bed right beside were two ponies facing each other, one with wings—making her a pegasus (pony)—on the right side and one without—making her an earth pony—on the left. The one on the left had a cotton candy pink coat, fluffy and curly hot pink hair, and a "cutie mark" of a trio of party balloons, two blue and one yellow. The one on the right had a sky blue coat with unruly hair striped with all the colors of the rainbow (colors 'horizontally lined', warm ones closer to the head, and the cool ones 'outward' in the tail), and a "cutie mark" of a red/yellow/blue-striped lightning bolt issuing from a cloud.

On the next bed where Messerole normally slept were two more ponies, but this time were facing away from each other. The one on the left side was an earth pony with a honey-orange coat, blond hair both tied into a ponytail at the end with two red bands, white freckles on her face, a brown cowboy hat atop her head, and a "cutie mark" depicting a trio of apples. The one on the right side was a unicorn with a white coat with a very faint gray tinge, violet hair done in loose elegant curls, and three blue, rhombus-shaped jewels as a "cutie mark".

On the last bed—Euryflavia's bed—was a pegasus facing away from the others. Her coat was light yellow, she had long, straight pink hair that curled gently upward at the ends, and bore a "cutie mark" of three pink butterflies.

Tychophon went over to his bed and went over to face the purple pony. Messerole made his way to the pink one. The two girls went in-between the last two beds, Aquanax turning to face the white pony and Euryflavia the yellow one.

On an unknown cue, the four Neopets nudged the ponies awake. Upon waking, four things happened at once; the purple one grunted in curiosity as she looked at the shoyru with curious purple eyes, the pink one—after turning—swiftly grabbed the grundo in a hug, the white one gasped in awe—presumably at the acara's wings—as blue eyes of deep sapphire and bright sky looked at each other, and the yellow one—after turning—squeaked at the sight of the usul, her sea blue eyes quivering, though fear didn't seem to be the reason.

Two more things then happened; the orange one awoke, got up, and gasped at the sight, surprise evident in her green eyes. The blue one did so too, but instead of gasping she took to the air and made to pounce on Tychophon, and she didn't look happy. He saw this coming and strafed to his right, evading her pounce as she landed on the floor, but he didn't count on her recovering so soon as she charged again. With no time to dodge, he met her head-on, slamming his hands into her hooves and they began to push, beating their wings furiously and staring each other down with yellow-ish and magenta eyes respectively. The pegasus seemed to be surprised at his strength, but continued the shove-o-war.

This was immediately put to an end when the orange pony grabbed the blue one's tail by the mouth, pulling her back as Tychophon did so too on his own. "Sheesh!" said the shoyru. "I was hoping Princess Luna or Princess Celestia have at least briefed you in on us, given that she or somebody she knows sent you here."

The purple unicorn was about to ask something when the white one shrieked, catching everybody's attention, to Messerole's relief as he was nearly suffocating. She continued doing this as she looked around the Neohome before finally deciding to faint.

Euryflavia was the first to break the silence. "Uhh…"

"Oh," said the orange pony as she looked around as well. "Now I see why."

"Why?"

"This place. It looks like a group of interior designers decided to assign themselves specific areas and painted on them without takin' into consideration what the overall look would be."

The Neopets looked around their Neohome, then understood what Princess Luna told them. "Oh," the four of them said.


A couple of minutes later, after returning the white unicorn to consciousness, the ten of them now sat on the various chairs in the 'living room', then proceeded with the introductions.

The purple unicorn was Twilight Sparkle, and is the de facto leader of the group and protégé of Princess Celestia. The pegasus who 'attacked' Tychophon was Rainbow Dash, the earth pony who pulled her back was Applejack, the one who nearly suffocated Messerole with her hug was Pinkie Pie, the unicorn who had shrieked at (presumably) the sight of the Neohome's interior design was Rarity, and the other pegasus, the one who was yellow just like them, was Fluttershy.

Once the name-giving was done, the Neopets began to give them "the basics" Luna told them to tell the ponies. One was the fact that all Neopets were omnivores (i.e. they also eat meat). The other was on what the Uni Neopets were so as not to get any awkward ideas upon seeing multiple alicorns. And third was the basic nature of Neopets, and their connection with Users and Faeries, especially the Users, clarifying matters when the ponies thought of…certain unfortunate implications. They also told them, since they were already here, everything they knew on Neohomes.

"Is there anything else we need to know?" Twilight asked after the explanation.

"Yes, but we'll cover that as you take the tour," explained Aquanax. "And we are your lucky tour guides."

"You?" Rainbow was unconvinced.

"Yes. Us."

"Don't let our general cuteness fool you," said Messerole. "We're actually capable in a fight. From what Princess Luna told us, you all are also a testament to being cute and awesome at the same time. It's just not easy to tell from your standpoint since all ponies would probably be cute from a non-pony's point of view…unless they're cuter than them."

"Before we start the tour, we'd like to give you a few things." The acara turned to Tychophon, who seemed to reach for something on his back, and produce a brown bag, eliciting a surprised reaction from the ponies. The Neopets explained to them that all Neopets have access to a small pocket of "hammerspace", but it was (apparently) surprising to see it in action regardless. All the ponies had a limited version of "hammerspace" as well, with the unicorns (and Pinkie) having bigger ones.

"This bag belongs to our User, who will not be joining us in this tour," the shoyru said as he rummaged through the bag. "So as to make sure you'll be able to completely understand whatever we say should we not speak English—"

"Equestrian," Twilight corrected.

"—both of which are miraculously the same in almost every aspect, I'd like you all to read these." He took out six copies of Language Textbook, which Princess Luna had put in the bag for safekeeping, passed them one by one to the ponies, then put the bag on his back, fitting it so that it wouldn't impede his wings.

The purple unicorn gasped in surprise at this before then reading on the book, 'opening' the pages with her telekinesis. But Messerole was able to predict what she was about to say. "Yes, the bag is essentially a pocket to hammerspace. And yes, we are aware of the possible paradoxes or something this might entail."

Euyflavia noticed Rainbow grumble as she opened her copy and was seemingly disappointed with its content and discouraged from continuing on. "Those books aren't your ordinary reading tools. They have a special property." She smirked a bit when a few of them started to disappear in front of the ponies' noses. "Those are instant-knowledge books. They disappear—where, I don't know—after one Neopet reads it and thus requires having to buy another copy for another to read, but in return the reader is granted knowledge of everything written in the book."

"I don't get why you can't just have ordinary books that do not disappear," wondered Twilight.

"That… is a User-related issue," Euryflavia stated. "We don't quite understand the economy here either, but don't worry. We also have the 'ordinary' kind of books." By that time, the six books have been read and gone. "Now that that's over with, let us begin with our Tour of Neopia!"

Rarity gave a sigh of relief. "Marvelous. I don't think I could stand another minute in this gaudy-looking home of yours, no offense. Just who is your interior designer?"

"That would be our User," Messerole said as he put a hand to his nape and rubbed it. "Unfortunately, we are unable to place walls in this kind of Neohome. Allow us to prepare ourselves first." With that, he and Euryflavia made their way to one of the orange closets, and rummaged into them. They took out their Wings of Flame and Mechanical Wings from the closet, then put them on, getting another series of startled looks from the ponies.

Aquanax was quick to explain and cut off any questions. "Some of the destinations we'll we taking you to will require flight, and I don't want to have me, Tych, and the two pegasi to have to carry the others. And don't worry, they work just as well as our wings."

As they made their way to the front exit of the Neohome, upon opening the door, the ponies gasped once more at what was outside. Noticing this, Messerole started to explain. "Oh, right. The clouds." He quickly explained to them the nature of Faerieland clouds, just as he told Princess Luna of them just yesterday. With that taken care of, one by one, the group of ten left the Neohome, their tour of Neopia about to begin, starting with Queen Fyora's domain: Faerieland.

Author's Note:

And the Tour begins…next chapter! See ya on Third!