• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 1,452 Views, 38 Comments

My Story - Richer19



My first FF on this site and it is a HiE story so that makes it so original. Rated T at the time.

  • ...
6
 38
 1,452

Chapter 8: Gamer and Student

Here is the next chapter for you all to enjoy.

The Gamer and the Student

You ever had a feeling that you had no idea what had happen and knew that no matter how much you tried to explain it, no one was ever going to believe you and sometimes you’re not even sure you actually believe it yourself?

…Yeah that’s what I was feeling like at the moment. I was resting on a bench that was nearby the fountain located in the town square. Although it appeared that I was observing the ponies going about their various businesses; my mind was miles away replaying the events that had happen back on that stage. I had replayed the events over and over again but nothing was adding up. I never learned how to hax in any sense of the word and yet, somehow, I had done just that. I was very confused with myself and what kind of power my body seems to have developed now that I was in this fascinating but strange land.

I gave a tired sigh and rolled my body so I was looking up at the sky. I watched as the clouds seem to float with the drifting breeze. It almost would have fooled me into thinking that I was back home. However, the bright colors and the metronome tone of ponies walking served as a reminder of where I was at.

You would have thought that someone who consider himself a brony would have been more enthralled about being in Equestria but to be completely honest with myself I was starting to feel like my prescience was affecting the way of life in this world. It was something that I really didn’t think about at first, given the fact that with everything that was going on lately. Now having a moment of rest, I couldn’t help these thoughts that were roaming in my head. Still, I could feel the peace in this world and it gives you a real sense of harmony the likes of which I have never experience before.

I gave a tired sigh and said to myself “Is life really this complicated? Or am I just making it seem that way?” I didn’t have the answer and I felt like I may never will. The only thing I could really do was to try and enjoy this rare experience for as long as I could. However, I was reminded that I was still without any place to call a home or even a job which I felt were the two most important things that I needed to accomplish at this moment.

Strange enough, a possible solution to one of my problems arrived sooner than I had hoped. Amiss the background noise, I heard a particular pair of hooves striking earth. The first thing that cross my mind was that how in the world I was able to tell one pair of hooves from another which was quickly followed by the lines of how I was able to tell the difference. I tried to think about it but really the only thing that was coming to mind was that the set I was focusing on seem to have a slightly different gait compared to others. The sound stopped and I decided that it would be more polite for me to face whoever it was. What I saw nearly stopped my heart.

I was able to recognize her purple coat, appearing to shine in the sunlight. She had purple mane with that pink highlight long and flat against her head; while her coat was a nice pale purple/ mulberry color. Her eyes were a deep purple color as well which seemed to be able to pull my mind into their abyss. I could see the look of intelligence in them but also the hint of curiosity and even a small bit of a playful side that was more then likely being kept in check by her logic and reason.

Without her having to say it, I already knew her name. She was Twilight Sparkle, my favorite pony of the Mane Six of all time. The reason being was that Twilight reminds me a bit of myself; smart but somewhat lacking in social skills. What was different between us was that hers was due to her choice of lifestyle while mine was caused by a medical condition. I was also captivated by how she was able to look and act so adorable at times. The sheer fact that I was using the word ‘adorable’ in a context considering the fact that I was a nineteen year old male back when I was a human just shows how much this show has had an influence on me.

“Excuse me sir?” she asked me, snapping me from my train of thought. I looked at her with a curious look and made a small motion with my hoof to let her know that I was paying attention. Twilight nodded her head and continued “I was just wondering…are you the pony who was up on that stage with Trixie earlier?” I could hear the curiosity that was laced in her tone and I couldn’t resist the smile that was forming on my face. No matter how serious she might have been at this time, she still looked cute to my eyes. I nodded my head in agreement, feeling that there was no reason to actually speak at the moment. She gave me a confused look, obviously a little surprise about my refusal to actually speak. We continue to stare into each other’s eyes; hers were filled with a mild confusion and maybe even a slight spark of nervousness while mine were filled with slight enjoyment from being in her company and from the mild banter that I was playing with her.

She shook her head a little before asking “What’s your name sir?” I was tempted to maintain my silence but I decided that I was done having my little humor session and replied with a trace of that humor “My name is Gamer miss.” She gave a tender smile that caused my heart to melt slightly. Twilight then said “Well…my name’s Twilight Sparkle; Princess Celestia’s number one student.”

Although I was happy to be speaking to her, I felt a twitch of annoyance by the fact that she had said her title in addition to her name. The way she said it almost sounded like she was trying to intimidate me in some way. Although I was sure that she wasn’t thinking along those lines and probably thought that I should have been in awe or something; I couldn’t help the small sigh that escape me before saying “You sound like you were boasting there for a bit miss Sparkle.” She made a small gasp of shock and quickly replied in a rather hasty tone “I…I didn’t mean it like that Gamer.” I gave a small smile and replied “I know that Twilight. I just wanted to understand that it is not always a good idea to open up with your position in life.”

I notice the surprise that flashed in her eyes, most likely from the comment I made, but she managed to regain her composure. Thinking that it was a good idea to maintain the conversation, I asked “So…was there something you wanted Miss Sparkle?” Twilight chuckled a bit before saying” You don’t have to call me ‘Miss Sparkle’ Twilight is just fine.” I nodded my head and replied “I’ll be sure to keep that in mind Twilight.” Twilight nodded her head before asking “I was wondering if you could come with me back to my home. I wanted to ask you a few questions about what happened back on that stage.”

I couldn’t resist the defeated sigh that escaped from my lips. I had known that this was going to happen but I had hoped that it would have happened later then sooner. Still, it might be better just to get it out of the way and be done with it. I grabbed my backpack with my magic and strapped it on. I looked at Twilight and said “I guess this was going to happen sooner or later and I really prefer to get this done with.” I notice that Twilight had a look of concern on her as she replied “I…I don’t want to force you.” However, I shook my head and replied “I can understand your curiosity and…well…maybe it might be a good idea to talk about this. I’m hopeful that it might be able to answer some questions.” I finished with a small smile to try and get her relax somewhat. I saw her noticing my smile which she was glad to return. We both decided silently that the rest of the conversation would happen back at her house so she started to make her way there; while I was trailing close behind.
First of all…Season 2 final episode was freaking brilliant. Second, I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to get this done before the episode but alas that was not to be. Ah well…I hope you all enjoy it.