• Published 9th Jun 2013
  • 874 Views, 6 Comments

Memories Best Left Forgotten - Valtyra



What makes a pony? His truth or how he remembers it?

  • ...
2
 6
 874

Chapter 5: Arc 2

Celestia and Green trotted down the road and made it to the outskirts of their orphanage, they stopped and gave each other a grin. They took off down the road galloping as fast as their legs would take them as they entered passed one of their roommates.

Dirty Shovel looked up from gardening and wiped her forehead. Watching the pair rush past, she squinted and recognised them. "Sure... Is that you!?" she muttered before she became giddy, jumped up and ran after them.

Celestia glanced back and saw her galloping behind and waved at her. Looking at Green she smiled, "Were back!" She shouted as they raced through the gate and into the orphanage proper.

Unlike when they left, the grass on the front lawn was trimmed immaculately, the flowers were watered and weeded and there were no more broken tiles on the roof.

The pair slowed down and caught their breath. "It seems as if every elk worked hard..." Celestia said.

"Indeed," Green replied, full of mirth. She missed this place, she missed her warm bed, she missed her friends and most importantly, she missed Sister. Green wiped her eyes and smiled, she was back now and it wasn't a time to be sad.

Walking across the gravel /enteragoodword/, the pair saw the front entrance swing open. Wine Glass walked out and fluttered his wings, unaware of the newly arrived elks that were watching him.

Wine arched his back and gave a loud sigh of relief as he felt his back pop and his wing muscles loosen up. "Much better," he said, rolling his wings around.

As Celestia stood there watching the bull, Green was tackled by Dirty Shovel and fell over onto the grass. "Why didn't you tell anyone you left!" She shouted, angry.

"I didn't want to worry you guys," Green replied, getting up off the ground and helping the brown coated cow up. "You know I don't like goodbyes."

"Yeah I guess," Shovel said, lowering her voice down to a normal level. She placed a hoof on Green's whithers and rolled her eyes, "I see you brought Sure Fire back. Did she tire herself out from her episode?"

"Episode?" Green asked, unsure of what she meant.

"Oh you know, she was upset so she ran away," Shovel whispered. "I guess you bought her an ice cream and she forgot all about it?"

Green couldn't tell her about what really happened, how she and Sure had stopped an assassin from killing more innocent Elks, she had to lie. She nodded, "You could say that, I took her to see some sights around the town..." she trailed off, looking at Sure.

Shovel grinned, "I knew it, I'm so jealous of you two."

"Why?"

"Because you two are bonded. I want to be bonded to some elk." Shovel pouted, but it eventually changed back into a smile. "Come on, you have to come inside, every elk will be happy you're back!"

Shovel pulled Green along by her hoof, picked Celestia up and placed her on her back."What's happening?" Celestia asked Green.

"Shovel is, ugh, excited again..." Green replied as she was yanked forwards, her hooves unable to keep her in place against the onslaught of giddiness.

Shovel pulled up to Wine Glass and nudged him, "Hey Wine, Green and Sure are back!" She shouted, a little too loud.

"No way," he replied leaning around Shovel to get a good look at the pair. He moved his aqua colored hair out of the way of his eyes and smiled, "Where did you two go? We had elks looking around everywhere for you."

"Uh, sorry..." Celestia said, looking down. "I didn't mean to upset anyone."

"I'm sure you didn't, but you can't just run off... We were all upset at the loss, but still..."

"Hey, it's over now, they're back." Shovel walked up the steps and opened the front door, she glanced back with a grin, "Let's celebrate!"

She bounced into the orphanage, nearly knocking down some elk that were simply standing hear her door and looked around. "Aha, in here!" She said, deciding to run into the bedroom. She stopped and took a deep breath, and whistled, making several elks jump in fright.

They turned their heads and frowned in annoyance, but lightened up once they saw who Shovel was carrying. The noise level in the room rose as the elks trotted over, whispering to each other.

"It's good to see you again, Sure." one bull said, ruffling her mane.

"You sure gave us a scare, don't do it again." a cow growled, yet sighed and nuzzled Celestia on the cheek, "I'm glad you're back."

Several other Elks gave their regards and quickly settled back down excited about the inevitable party that would be thrown for the two returned members of their family.

Shovel's smile seemed to get even bigger as she had an idea. She levitated Celestia off her back and next to Green, "Okay, you two. I have to go and see some elk about something... I'll see you later at dinner!" with that, she ran off, glancing back to give a quick wave before turning around a corner.

"She likes to shout, doesn't she?" Celestia asked, looking up to Green.

"Yeah, she was here before I arrived, I don't know how she's always so happy?" Green glanced about, reciving smiles and waves from the elks in the bedroom. "Should we look around, I'm sure the new Sister would like to know we're back?"

"Sure, I really hope she's as good as our Sister..." Celestia said.

"No elk could be as good as her."

Celestia nodded, a bit disheartened that she wouldn't ever be able to see her Sister. Sure, she could go and see the grave, but that's just a piece of rock and not the flesh and blood elk she loved.

The two of them trotted down the hallway, giving nods and smiles at the elks that lined the way. Celestia carried on looking ahead and spoke to Green through their link.

I can't wait to just get in bed again and forget everything that happened.

Green nods, Yeah, it's finally over. She leans over and nuzzles Celestia, "We're back..."

Celestia smiles and stops for just a moment, opening her mouth to say something but decides not to. Green pauses and looks at her, "We'll have a talk, there's some things on my mind as well."

Celestia nods and the two carry on walking, turning the corner to the new sisters office. Green turns her head and pulls Sisters scarf out of her saddlebag then wraps it around Celestia.

She smiled as Celestia smiled back, "Thank you."

The two of them stop infront of the door and breath a sigh. Green holds up a hoof and knocks. Together they waited for the new Sister to answer.

Celestia looked around at the other elks wandering the halls and a pang of sadness crept through her. "Nothing will be the same..."

Green looked down at her and wrapped her hoof around Celestia's neck, "It doesn't mean it's bad... Just, different."

Celestia nodded and turned around as the door to the new sisters office creaked open.

A red coated cow with a green mane stood there, a raised eyebrow on her face. "Hi," she smiled, "Can I help you?" Her tone was high and happy, different than what Green or Celestia had imagined.

"Uh.. Yes, we just got back..." Green replied. "I'm sorry, no elk told us your name."

"Oh you can call me pepper, or peps, whichever you prefer." The cow trotted back around the room to her side of the desk, moving some papers into neat stacks as she got comfortable. "I take it you're the two that went missing?"

"Yes ma'am, we are," Celestia confirmed, "we have been..." She looked to Green with a pained look.

"We got lost in the woods," Green said, shrugging. "We saw Sister and got scared."

Pepper sighed and leaned forwards to rest on the desk, "Forget that now, you're home." A new smile formed and she looked over to Celestia. "I've taken the pleasure of setting you up with your own room in the higher section where your age group will stay."

"Why would I need my own room?" Celestia asked, a frown beginning to form, "I sleep with green."

"There will be no more of that," Pepper replied before sighing, "I'm sorry... I haven't had a lot of sleep since arriving."

She rose and walked around towards Celestia, "I read about your bonding with Green and unfortunately, I can't make any exceptions."

Celestia looked away, then hesitantly nodded.

Pepper smiled again and chopped her hooves together, "Great!" She placed hoof on Celestia's shoulder, "Let me show you too your room." they made it halfway across the room before pepper looked back, "Oh, Green, can you look after the young cows in the nursery?"

"...yes, Pepper ," Green replied, almost growling.

Pepper turned back and that hated smile adorned her face once again, "Come along, We can't dawdle all day!"

Celestia and pepper walked down the halls until they made it to the an intersection and turned left. Several stallions actively rushed out of the way as they laughed and joked through the halls.

Pepper tutted and shook her head as she carried on. Soon the hallway changes from marble to carpet, blood red, matching the ones in Rich's mansion.

Celestia blocked out the memories of last night and caught up with Pepper. "Green?"

A few moments and Celestia felt her reply, "Sure... I didn't know it worked this far away..."

Celestia smiled and felt a spring in her step, "I didn't scare you, did I?" She passed by a couple of doors with numbers. One of them was open with a young cow laying inside coloring.

Celestia frowned and looked towards Pepper, "Can Green come and visit me?"

Pepper shook her head, "Depends on if she has done her chores and you have been a good calf."

"Only a little bit," Green replied. "What's it like there?"

"It's cold..." Celestia said, looking around. The walls were wallpapered with small birds and clouds on a light blue background which made her a little sick inside.

After everything that had happened; this is what she had come back to?

"I don't like it here..." Celestia shuddered, feeling the shadows pass over her. One of the lights hanging off the walls was broken; its shell cracked.

"We're here," Pepper said, slowing till she stood outside room twenty four.

Celestia stopped and looked the door over. It looked like every other door in the orphanage, brown with small imperfections, nothing out of the ordinary.

She had to hold up a hoof from the light pouring in from outside through the window that was right next to the door.

Pepper turned the knob and pushed, opening the door and entering the room. "Come on in, I don't have all day."

Celestia moved inside and Pepper smiled. The room itself wasn't large; maybe a quarter of the older elk's sleeping room. The wall in front of Celestia had the entire surface littered with shelves and cubby holds.

There was a small bed in the corner, surrounded by white-washed walls, making it look even smaller than it needed to be.

A stool and desk sat next to the bed, taking up the far wall, leaving a small trashcan and chest on the other side of the room.

A tiny window let in some dying light over Celestia's bed and pepper walked over then patted it. "Jump on," she said.

Celestia did so and jumped onto the bed. She was surprised by it's softness.

"Why can't I stay with Green?" Celestia asked, "No elk cared before!"

"Well, times change. They may not have cared before, but we'll be having new rules set up."

Celestia frowned, but nodded. She understood the need to implement new rules, even though most wern't liked by many. "Okay, can Green stay with me tonight, just so I get used to it?"

"I don't think that will be a good idea, she's got some work she has to do tomorrow."

Celestia looked away. "Fine," she snapped.

If Pepper noticed, she didn't show it and turned around, "I'll be back up in a bit with your dinner." She neared the door, "Go around, meet the others and make some friends."

Pepper walked out of the room and down the hall, leaving Celestia to sit on the bed, staring out of the room.

"I don't like Pepper..." She said, hoping Green wouldn't be doing anything and would reply quickly.

She felt sad at the fact that everything was changing fast. Back when she was a Princess, she had the power to change things at her own pace, being the avatar of sun incarnate.

But still, she sighed and jumped off the bed and wandered over to the chest on the other side of the room, placed a hoof onto the handle and opened it.

A plume of dust blew out and made her cough. "Oh me... This hasn't been used in forever..." Celestia threw the lid up and it hit the back, making a loud 'BANG'.

She looked inside and saw a small and dusty folded up note. Intrigued, Celestia reached down and picked it up. A blow of dust and a wave of her hoof later, Celestia unfolded the note and started to read.


Dear Sure Fire / Princess Celestia.

I am sorry to tell you, I have lied to you. Or at the very least, bent the truth. You are not in "Sure Fire's" memories.

You are, in fact, in an alternate universe that runs very far behind yours.

I am sorry for lying, but it's the only thing I could do at the time that would have made you open the book.

Unfortunately, you would not be able to go back to your universe without meeting with me personally. For this, I feel the most.

You see, I sense a great evil in this world and sent out a spell to find the one that is most capable of fighting it. It found you and placed you inside the body of a calf.

You must find me after you find out what the evil is as I am unable to detect it somehow, though I belive it is in the vicinity of Concordia.

I am located on Eden, please find me.

This note will disintegrate after you finish it, so please read carefully.

With deepest regrets,
Allure.

Celestia watched as the note fell apart and turned into dust around her hooves. She stared down at it as tears threatened to drop from her eyes.

Her mind was a flurry of thoughts, some of them darker than she would like to admit. She had flashbacks of being locked inside her own sun and felt the familiar crushing that went along with being inside something she couldn't escape; this time being her own skin.

She felt her skin crawl as the need to tear at it became too much and she gripped her left leg and started to pull at her coat, tearing out the fur.

She didn't stop, even after the skin had started to bleed down her leg. She kept saying, "This isn't my body?!" over and over again, tearing at her leg even more.

Rapid hoof-steps could be heard getting closer and Green rushed into the room. She stopped and looked about until she found Celestia, huddled in the corner, covered in her own blood.

Celestia looked up to Green and started to cry, "This isn't my body..." She let out a scream, fell forwards and started convulsing as her mind promptly shut down.

~~~ A couple of days later ~~~

Celestia let out a small groan and her legs felt like they were on fire. She opened her eyes and found herself unable to see. Panicking, she moved a leg up and felt a large bandage around her head, specifically her eyes.

She heared a shuffle from her left side and turned her ears towards it. "Green, is that you?" She coughed, her throat hoarse.

"Yes..." Green replied, feeling apprehensive.

Celestia held out a hoof and felt Green take a hold, "What happened?"

"I'm not sure, you... hurt yourself," Green chocked and ran a hoof over the bandages on Celestia's leg.

The memories came flashing and Celestia took her hoof away from Green. "Oh... Yeah..." she said, turning over ti face the wall. "I... Need some time to think..."

"I'll be here-"

"Alone."

"Oh... okay, I'll be outside then."

Celestia heard the scraping of the stool and the click if the door before rolling over onto her back.

Her mind raced again but this time she didn't have the dark thoughts. "Stupid..." she thought, grinding her teeth, "Didn't Starswirl teach me anything?"

Celestia reread the letter in her head and frowned, "It said a great evil... I guess I'm meant to stop it?" This only confused Celestia further, "Why didn't she... yeah, a she, summon the elements or better yet, Luna, she's always been the fighter of us two."

Celestia felt the questions pile up high and she shook her head and focused on what she knew. "One, there's an evil thing. Two, I can only get home if I meet this Allure. Three, I need to get to the capital and then to Eden... Wherever that is."

Her thoughts were interrupted by shouting from outside the door. "What do you mean I can't see her, she's under my care?!"

"I'm sorry, Pepper, I won't allow you through until she wants me to."

"Green, it's alright, let her in." Celestia said, telepathically over to her bonded.

"Are you sure?"

"I am." A few moments later and the door opened, letting Pepper walk in. Celestia felt her footsteps come closer and pull out the stool to sit on.

"So... I have some questions," Pepper said, leaving no room for discussion.

"Okay," Celestia said, turning to her.

"Firstly, why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you... hurt yourself?" Pepper's upbeat voice dropped and she let out a shudder that was easily heard by Celestia.

"I wasn't thinking right," Celestia replied. She knew she was in some sort of trouble, stuff like this wasn't simply brushed under the carpet, there would be paperwork. Thus, she put on her best hurt calf impression and said, "I... I'm sorry..."

Pepper sighed and stroked Celestia's upper leg, "Now now, don't cry."

"I d-don't know why I did i-it!"

Pepper cooed and moved onto the bed. Celestia leaned forwards and wrapped her legs around her, letting out a small whimper, which was more real than she was going for.

"It's okay, you're not in any trouble."

"I...I'm not?"

"No, you're not. I just have to ask one more thing and I'll let you sleep, okay?"

Celestia nodded and she felt Pepper lean forwards to give her a small nuzzle.

"Can you tell me where you really ran off to?"

Celestia's blood ran cold, "T-the woods... I told-"

"I talked to some of the other elks and they said you went into the city. So which is it?"

"I... okay..." Celestia looked away, "We did get scared, well I did. I saw Sister's body and ran away; Green came after me." Celestia sighed and shuddered, remembering her time in the town and everything that happened.

She let out a whimper at the memory of Quick Sell and curled up, "She found me and brought me back..."

"I... Okay. I think that's all for now," Pepper whispered, watching Celestia curl up. "Try and get some sleep, please."

Pepper left the room and Celestia found herself alone,m after blocking Green from talking to her. She needed to be alone for a while and desperatly felt like exhausted.

Quick enough, she fell asleep.

Celestia was jolted awake by a familiar giggle. She opened her eyes and smiled; she was dreaming. Leaning up, she saw she was sitting in a field of flowers.

Standing, she looked over to where the giggle originated and saw the lovely sight of a certain purple unicorn.

The unicorn turned and smiled, spuring Celestia to gallop up the hill it was sitting on. As she neared, the wind picked up, disintegrating the pony into thousands of butterflies and drifted them off into the winds.

Celestia slowed and reached the top only to gaze Down the other side of the hill into a canyon if death.

Everywhere she looked was filles with death and decay. Corpses of recently fallen ponies and elks laid next to half rotten ones and skeletons. There were tree's torn from the ground and ripped apart all over the place, large craters littered the battlefield and grand structures laid shattered, spearing into the ground.

"It's horrible isn't it?" Twilight asked, making Celestia jump. She giggled, "I'm sorry... Please don't send me off on another suicide mission!"

"I would never..." It slowly dawned on Celestia that this was the part of her subconscious that she met with before.

"You didn't complete your test, you know?" The fake Twilight shimmered and then wore a latex full body suit, "Fortunately for you, I'm nice. Let's talk."

"A-about what?"

"About us." The fake Twilight replied, running a whip across Celestia's flank and rump. "more specifically, why you sent me and my friends instead of dealing with Sombra yourself?"

Celestia looked away and couldn't think of anything. She hated the though of her precious student being in harms way more than anything, but sacrifices must be made.

Twilight raised an eyebrow and smiled, "I see you're having trouble making a good excuse." She giggled and four chains tied themselves around Celestia's hooves, "Alight, let me ask this, "Do you think you deserve to go back?"

"Of course I do!" Celestia snapped, "I may not be a good friend, but... I love all of them."

"Oh, is that right?" Twilight said, walking around Celestia. When she came back into view, she was now all cut up with scars and chips taken out of her horn. "Remember this?" She asked, "I sure do."

"Please, don't."

"This was just after I stopped Nightmare Moon!" Twilight gripped Celestia's cheeks and made her look, "She beat me. Your sister beat me while my friends were looking!"

"Stop!" Celestia shouted, blowing Twilight back. "Enough," the chains melted away, "You have hurt me too much, I am Celestia, Princess of Equestria!"

"Then start acting like it!" Twilight screamed back. "You rule Equestria. Right now, you are nothing, a "Foal"."

Twilight's scowl changed into sadness, "We... I... Want you back, promise..." Letting the conversation fade away, her body disintegrated into butterflies again.

Celestia felt herself tire and soon enough she found herself waking up in her new bed. She let out a yawn and found the bandages still there.

"Green?" Celestia said, hoping to feel her bonded again.

"Yes, sure?" Green replied, sounding concerned. "Are you feeling better today?"

"I am... Can you help me out of bed?"

"Of course, give me a couple of minutes," Greens voice cut off.

Celestia laid there wondering how she would be able to make it to Concordia with Green. Hell, she'd do it alone if she needed to. She had a country to run and nothing would stop that, especially not some evil.

She heard the door open and Green walk over to her bed, "Come on, let's get you up."

Celestia leaned up and felt the covers being pulled off her. She shivered as the cold air rushed over her body and felt the need to grab onto Green intensify.

She jumped off the bed into Greens waiting legs and was gently lowered onto the ground. "There," Green said. "Let"s go, we need to get you checked out now."

Celestia nodded and took Greens hoof into her own, following her out of the room. Even though she couldn't see, Celestia was sure she could feelings stares of the other elks on her body and shied closer to Green.

These were normal stares she would get during her reign; less of awe and more of nervousness.

Celestia felt the carpet underneath her change to marble and she slowly drifted away, taking care to keep a firm hold of Green lest she bump into anything or anyone.

They passed through the door into the infirmary and Green closed it behind them. "Here," Green said, moving Celestia and placing her onto an examination table, "Don't move."

The elk that Celestia guessed was the doctor swiveled his chair around and said, "So... She's been sleeping since the accident?"

"Yes, she's only just woken up," Green replied.

"I see. Do you know what caused it?" The doctor asked, checking his notes.

"Not really," Green said, shuddering at the image of Celestia covered in blood. "She said she didn't know..."

"Okay." The doctor rose from his chair and walked over to Celestia, "Let's start the examination then."

The doctor placed a hoof on the bandages around Celestia's leg and began to remove them. He unwrapped the last one and gasped. "It's completely healed, how?!"

The doctor unwrapped the wraps around her eyes and removes the cotton buds. He shook his head and frowned, "How is this possible..."

Celestia blinked and could, once again, see. She looked over to Green with a large smile then looked around the room.

It looked like a normal doctors office with cabinets lining the walls with a grey wallpaper and small counter-tops sitting underneath.

The examination table was sat next to a large tray of instruments and a surgical light that overlooked her body.

Celestia looked up to see the light blue coated and grey maned doctor looking down at her with confusion.

"H-how..." He said, moving back and sitting in his chair. "Uh... She's free to go, there's nothing wrong with her now..."

"Okay, thank you doctor..."

"Lightheart, Dr. Lightheart."

"Thank you," Celestia said, jumping off the table and rushing over to hug Green.

Together, they left the room and travelled to the courtyard. They opened the double doors and crunched across the grass until they came to the stone benches.

Green watched as Celestia jumped up and laid down. "Lay with me..." Celestia said, patting the spot behind her.

Green rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. She moves onto the bench and laid down, pulling Celestia into her embrace. "Better?" She asked, nuzzling the top of Celestia's head.

"Much," Celestia grinned, enjoying her bonded being so close. Soon though, her grin slipped and she snuggled closer, "I have some stuff to ask and you can't know why..." She whispered so only Green could hear.

"How can I answer..."

Celestia rolled around and faced Green, "Please, Green, I need to know you'll help me."

"I... Anything for you."

Celestia smiled and nuzzled Greens chest, "I need to go to Concordia..."

"Wh-"

Celestia cut her off, "No asking why, you said."

"I did... When then?" Green looked a bit apprehensive about the whole thing, yet she would always help her Sure Fire, no matter what.

"As soon as we can, it's... going to be hard..."

"It was last time as well," Green said, holding Celestia closer, "I don't want to lose you again, even if that means helping you with what you want."

"Thank you," Celestia whispered as she leaned up and kissed Green on the nose, "for everything."

Green gave a weak smile and then blushed, "I... I've never said this, but you're not like other calfs..."

"No, I don't think I am..." Celestia giggled. "I think we should start packing, I don't know how long we'll be gone."

"Okay, I can do that." Green rose and helped Celestia down off the bench, stretching her back with a series of 'POPS'.

Celestia nodded and looked to the rapidly darkening sky. "I think I had better go back to my room before I get in trouble, I don't want pepper to lecture me."

"Yeah, you should. I have chores that need doing, I'll come see you tomorrow morning and we can see if we need anything specific."

"Okay... Not too early though..."

Green laughed, "No, of course not." she walked off, leaving Celestia to wander back to her own room.

Once Celestia had entered and shut her own door, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "We have to do this... I am the sun incarnate, I defeat evil no matter what." Sometimes, even she couldn't belive that.

The bight came quickly for Celestia and found herself awoken by Twilight. "By the stars!"

"We have to go!" Twilight screamed, pulling Celestia out of bed. She dragged her along the floor until Celestia pushed her away.

"You're not her!" Celestia shouted, backing away and bumping into the back wall.

"Oh great," The changeling huffed as its body burned away into a normal hosts body. "Now I have to hurt you..."

Celestia jumped and kicked it in the jaw, dazing the insect. She scurried through it's legs and put into the hall to see that the rest of the calf's and elks were being captured and strung up.

She shook her head, removing memories of her time in their pod and barrelled forwards through the destruction.

There were the drones that were spraying bodies with thick green goo, holding multiple elks together and workers that were spraying the walls with black liquid chitin, quickly hardening so that they could place their egg sacks down.

Celestia gagged at the smell but carried on running. She didn't know if the changelings were the 'evil' that Allure was talking about, but at this moment she didn't care, she needed to find Green.

"Green, answer me!" She screamed over their link and was rewarded.

"Are you okay?!" Green asked, "Where are you?"

Celestia was about to answer until a drone dove at her and pinned her down on the hard marble. It sprayed the green goo at her, catching her on the mouth, sealing it shut.

"I'm in the main hallway, help me!" Celestia shouted to Green.

The drone tried to spray some more, but a punch ti the face stopped that and instead it decided to simply knock Celestia out with a headbutt.

Celestia awoke, the feeling off movement making her drowsy still. She slowly opened her eyes and was met with the sleeping forms of the orphanages elks.

She was being hauled in some sort of cart, its roof up and seemed to be early evening.

Celestia grabbed her head as Green screamed, "Sure Fire, wake up!"

"I am... are you okay?" Celestia asked, looking around for her.

"They didn't hurt me... Whatever they are..."

Celestia spotted Green in the corner of the cart and made her way over. Or she would have, if her legs wern't tied up with goo.

She fell flat on the floor and slowly crawled over. She made it and Green pulled her into her legs, holding her tight, "I'm so sorry... I couldn't get to you in time..."

"It's okay, really."

"But you got hurt and I couldn't save you like last... time..." Green went quiet and held Celestia tighter, "I'm sorry, I should have brought that up."

"Stop," Celestia said, placing her hooves over Greens mouth, "We need a way out of here..."

Celestia looked around at the bodies of her fellow orphans and sighed. She looked back at Green and nodded, "Right, I can get the goo off if you help."

"What do you need me to do?" Green asked, confused and scared.

"First, let me get behind you."

Green leaned forwards and let Celestia move around to her back. Green's legs were tied behind her and Celestia pulled with no luck.

'Damn,' she thought to herself. She leaned down and bit the goo, holding back her vomit as she tore through the sticky restraints.

Celestia came back up and spat out some with a, "Blah!" She looked around to see several other Elks start to wake up in a daze.

"By the elders, where are we?!" One bull shouted, hysterical.

"Calm down," Celestia whispered, "You don't want them to know we're awake."

"We're all going to die!" He continued, crying.

The cart slowed and eventually stopped. Celestia froze and pulled Green down to the deck. She pretended to be asleep as a pair of Changelings strode around and into the back of the cart.

The pair looked around and found the crying elk. They walked over to him, stepping over the bodies and picked him up then sprayed him in the face with some gas which made him fall asleep.

They dropped him to the deck and jumped out of the cart, latching themselves back to the front and carried on.

Celestia opened her eyes and picked herself up, sighing in relief. "I said be quiet..."

Green looked at Celestia with mixed emotions, "I have some questions."

"Can't they wait, we have been captured you know?"

"No, they can't." Green glared at Celestia and crossed her legs, "I think this is the perfect time."

"What do you mean?" Celestia asked, backing away slightly.

"You know full well. How do you know so much about them?" Green's expression fell, "How are you so unfazed by anything... I killed and you didn't even care!?"

Celestia looked away, "I..."

"Please, Sure, I need to know." Green reached forwards and brought Celestia's gaze to her own. "You asked if we could go to Concordia... Why?"

"You'd hate me..."

"Why, why would I?" Green gripped Celestia's hoof tight. "I can't promise I won't be angry, but I'd never hate you."

"I... I've lied to you."

Green leaned back against the side of the cart, "About what?"

"Everything..." Celestia sighed and looked Green in the eyes, "I'm not who you think I am."

Green blinked, "Of course you are... You're Sure Fire..."

"No, Green." Celestia breathed deep, "My name is actually Celestia."

Green stared at Celestia with disbelief.

"I am from an alternate universe and I need to go to Concordia to go back..."

Green continued staring until her face changed to horror, "You're serious, aren't you?" She shook her head, "No, you can't be..."

"Please, Green, don't be angry!" Celestia reached for her, but was slapped away.

"Don't you touch me!" Green said as a look of disgust came over her face. "What have you done with my Sure Fire!"

"Green..." Celestia's heart ached. "Please, I didn't mean to hurt you... I didn't expect to become this attached to you..."

"How long have you taken her place!?"

"Sure Fire never existed, technically, you have to believe me."

"No, no!" Green lunged forwards and gripped Celestia around the throat, "You lied all that time!"

"Please, Green..." Celestia coughed, "I still love you..."

Green's anger wavered and she found herself loosening her grip, "Why did you do it?"

"It wasn't my entirely my choice, loving you was though."

Green fell and sobbed into Celestia's coat, "Is... Is that why you are always so..."

"Unfazed, yeah." Celestia stroked Green's hair, "I'm a Princess... If that helps..."

"Not quite..." Green sniffed and wiped her nose. "I don't know what to think..."

"Don't then, let me, I've been at it longer."

Green's eyebrow raised, "What do you mean?"

"I'm an old nag."

"Nag... Isn't that pony speak?"

Celestia smiled, "Yeah, it is."

"Wait, you're a pony?"

"Yes, I am," Celestia replied, nodding. "This body's more slender though, so some aspects are better," she said, looking at her rump.

Green looked away in thought, "I think I need some time to think about this."

"Okay, I'll be over here," Celestia nodded and walked over to her original space. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry and I love you."

Green didn't respond and simply laid down, placing her head on the ground, looking away from Celestia.

Celestia sighed and snuggled close to one of the other elks. She hated feeling this way, but even if Green hated her, she would still help her, save her and even die for her. Celestia did love her after all.

Her mind ran over the scenarios in her head of how this foalnapping could go down. 'If there are changeling, there's a Queen. If there's a Queen, Chrysalis might be there..."

It was a long-shot, but Celestia had to hope. Even if Chrysalis didn't recognise her, Celestia still had knowledge of her.

No knowledgeable hoe to beat her, but any was better than none.

Soon, her eyelids felt heavy and she yawned, 'Stupid calf body...' Celestia took one last look over to her bonded and love, then closed her eyes, hoping she would find it in her to forgive an old nag.

Celestia jolted awake as the cards bounced over some rubble and her eyes flew open. She hissed as the sunlight poured in, burning her retina's and making her recoil back into the embrace of Green.

'Wait, Green?' Celestia looked up and saw Green sleeping upright next to her. Smiling, Celestia snuggled into her coat and inhaled, enjoying her bonded's scent.

Green was woken up and looked down at the calf currently breathing her in. "You're awake," she stated.

Celestia jumped and blushed, "I am..."

"I'm going to ask some questions and you're going to answer them."

"Okay..." Celestia felt nervous, but nodded.

"First, How old are you?"

"Over two thousand years old..." Celestia answered truthfully.

Green hummed and said, "Second, Why are in hat body?"

Celestia frowned and looked down. She snuggled closer into Green and explained how she arrived here and what she had to do to get back.

"I see... Is that why you had your... episode?"

"Yes, it is." Celestia closed her eyes and sighed, "I thought this was only a short term thing... learn some lesson or something... turns out it isn't." Celestia shuddered, "I guess I deserved it though..."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a terrible friend and teacher. I put my student into harms way too many times... Granted I can't always deal with them, like Discord or Tirek..."

"Do you regret it?" Green asked, looking down at the shivering mess, "Are you sorry for all those times?"

"Yes, you have no idea how sorry I am..." Celestia let out a sob and held onto Green tighter, "I hope Twilight forgives me someday..."

"Alright, Shh," Green cooed, stroking Celestia's mane. "What should I call you from now on?"

"I... Can you call me 'tia... or Cell?" Celestia gave a smile, "It's what my sister and my student called me."

"I... can try. I can't promise I won't slip back though."

"That's okay."

"I have one last question..."

"Yes?"

"Why do you act childish so much, when you're so old?"

"Why not?" Celestia saw Green frown and she shook her head, "I don't really know, to be honest..." Celestia sat back, "It could be because I never really got a childhood, having been popped into existence... Or it might be because this body is making me think differently, OR it might be because I'm so messed up..." She chuckled, "I saw Quick Sell being beaten and I was too late to save him... Great friend I am... I'm not right in the head, I wasn't even before I came here..."

"But..."

"No, Green, I'm not. I think I lost it when I had to send my sister to the moon... I cried for a month straight... I refused to move the moon as I could see her, judging me..."

Green gripped Celestia's hoof, "I doubt it was your fault..."

"But it was though... I ignored her requests and she felt unloved, I'm a horrible pony!" Celestia broke down into Greens legs and sobbed.

Green stroked Celestia's mane and rubbed her back, "That's in the past, there's nothing you can do now... You have to think of the now." Green looked about, "Now, we're being taken somewhere and I think you're the only one that can save us."

Celestia pulled back and wiped the tears away, "I think you're right..." She brought her legs up and tore off the goo that was covering her hooves. Next, she tore off the goo around Green's and her own back legs, stretching to regain circulation.

"Shh, much better," Green exclaimed, shaking her back legs. "What now?"

"I... don't know..." Celestia face-hoofed and sat down, "I don't know anything about these Changelings... My versions didn't take prisoners, they would put us in pods straight away..." she grimaced at the memory.

"I take it you've experience it?"

"Yeah, it's not pleasant."

"Okay, so we sit back and wait to get to whereever we're going?"

"I guess so..."

The next few hours were spent in relative silence with an elk waking up every so often. The first few were scared, but as more and more woke up, the less scared they became.

The cart finally stopped and Celestia looked out of the back to see a desolate field of charred crops and dead trees; remarkably like her dream except with less bodies.

She frowned and instead waited for the changelings to come out. Instead of a changeling, an elk wandered around the back of the cart and opened it up, sliding the back down to form a ramp.

She frowned and waited for the changelings to come out. Instead of a changeling, an elk wandered around the back of the cart and opened it up, sliding the back down to form a ramp.

The bull had a short blond mane with a white coat and had an air of smugness about him that Celestia could recognise from being around her nephew, Bluebood.

"Come along little piggies, the foreman is waiting!" The bull smacked the ramp and a few of the elks in the cart hesitantly walked out, only to be herded away.

Celestia's eyes widened and she looked up to Green, "I don't actually know what's going to happen..."

Green nuzzled Celestia and held her tight, "Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you."

The bull pointed at them, "You there, stop talking and get out!"

Green rose and brought Celestia along with her, "I want my calf to stay with me!"

The bull thought for a second, "Fine, but if it slows you down, it gets changed, next!"

Green levitated Celestia onto her back and walked down the ramp, giving a sympathetic expression to all she passed. She didn't know what would happen, but she knew it wouldn't be good if she simply stayed there.

Once she passed the bull, Green was pushed along by a changeling until she was in line with the others that left the cart.

She looked about and saw they were in some sort of military complex with metal fences and barbed wire. Further on, a large bunker stood with a massive hole in the ground just beyond that.

The elks that had wings were restrained and had them clipped, causing them to fight back and become knocked unconscious.

Celestia looked away, feeling their pain. She too would fight if her wings were going to be clipped.

The elks that had antlers were moved asidenand had them cut or sometimes, in the case of violent elks, ripped away.

Celestia felt bile rise and had to fight to keep from vomiting what little she had in her stomach.

They were pushed forwards until they got to a checkpoint and Green was held down while Celestia was taken.

Celestia was brought over to a small table and a changeling walked over with a pair of clippers. Celestia looked over at Green and panicked.

"Please, she doesn't know any magic, I never taught her!" Green screamed, making the changeling look at her confused.

It walked over and charged its magic up into a lie detector which blinked green. The other changelings nodded and let Celestia go, who scrambled back to Green.

"I told you I wouldn't let them..." She said, giving Celestia's nubs a kiss.

But, instead of Celestia being snipped, it was Green and the two were separated as Green was pulled away into a separate tent.

She thrashed about as more changelings had to be called in to restrain her. Eventually she tired herself out and a changeling brought in a bigger pair of cutters.

It moved them into place and Celestia felt Greens terror and pain as the changeling cut off one antler.

Celestia's vision wavered as Green screamed out in agony. The second of her antlers were cut away and Celestia vomited into the mud, the pain overcoming her mind, bleeding over from Green.

Celestia rushed into the tent, unrestricted as all the changelings were inside anyway and saw Green being pulled off of the table. She was thrown onto the ground and dragged off by a lone changeling.

Celestia followed with them until they came to the bunkers entrance. The double steel plated doors slid open and revealed a ramp that seemed to travel down into the depths of Tartarus itself, an ominous red glow down the bottom.

The changeling dragged Green onto the edge and Celestia gripped her, trying to pull her back. "You can't throw her down!" She shouted, only to recieve a hoof to the face.

The changeling snickered and launched Green down the ramp and then Celestia.

They tumbled and slid down until they landed on the hard ground at the bottom. Green hit first, then Celestia landed on top of her.

She let out a groan and fell of Green. Once standing, she leaned forwards and cupped Green's cheek in her hoof, wiping it off on her own coat first. "Green, are you there?"

When she recieved no response? Celestia gripped her two back legs and dragged her further into the area they were in, choosing to go down one of the many glowing tunnel systems on offer.

Celestia grunted and became increasingly more exhausted the further she dragged Green, But soon came to a door built directly into the wall.

She placed Green's legs down and turned the handle, opening said door. It slowly creaked open to reveal a hastily made massive bore hole on a scale that Celestia had never seen before.

There were hundreds of walkways and tunnels that spanned the gap that was, easily, three hundred meters across.

"By the stars..." Celestia said, as she watched elks andna multitude of other beings move minerals and precious stones around.

On her level, there was one walkway that circled the entire hole, coming back around. She followed it until she found what she hoped to be some sort of foreman or managets office.

Moving back to the other side of the door, Celestia moved Green into a more dignified position out of the way and travelled around the metal walkway until she arrived at the office.

Instead of wood, she was greeted with the entire room being made directly into the wall and sighed. Knocking on the door, it slid open to reveal a dark blue coated bull with a grey man. "Can I help you?" he asked, annoyed at the disturbance.

Two changeling soldiers stepped out from the shadows to accompany him and Celestia found herself shying away slightly at the bulk of muscle and chitin.

"Uh... I'm new..."

"Oh great, they captured more!" The bull shouted, stomping on the ground, "Well goodie... It's just your luck, I have one more room that isn't being occupied or a cage."

Celestia frowned, but nodded. She didn't want to have to worry about a room in a place like this, especially if they would be doing manual labour.

"I have my... mum, she's hurt... they took her..." Celestia started crying, mimicking how a calf would.

"Has she stopped moving?"

Celestia nodded, wiping away the ever increasing tears.

The bull sighed, "Soldier." one of the soldiers moved forward. "Follow this calf, take her and her mother to room... One seven six four five."

The changeling saluted and waited for Celestia to move. She ran along the walkway and back out into the tunnels to where she left Green.

The changeling picked Green up, carrying her effortlessly on its back then walked away.

Celestia followed it for about ten minutes before it stopped outside a chitin covered door. The soldier tapped the chitin and it split apart, opening inwards.

It threw Green inside and Celestia rushed in after her.

"Green, talk to me!" Celestia said, shaking her, with no luck.

The soldier tapped a pice of chitin and the door closed, sealing them in.

Celestia took one last glance at the sealed door before returning to Green. She looked her over except the obvious loss of her antlers.

Green simply laid there, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Please... Green..." Celestia choked, "I can't do this without you..."

Green's eyes filled up with tears and spilled out, down her cheeks. Celestia leaned down and licked her face, cleaning it.

Celestia put all of the love she could muster into that gesture, one normally reserved for their foal or calf.

She sat there, simply cleaning her bonded until the tears dried up and no more would come. Celestia dragged her over to the only thing that could be close to a bed and lifted her up onto it, covering her in some sort of moss and making sure she was warm enough.

"I'm so sorry... it should have been me..." Celestia said. "I can't even use magic in this body..." she broke down, "I... love you so much..."

Celestia laid down next to Green and held her hoof in hers, taking solace in the face that at least she wasn't dead and gone forever.

What Celestia thought was the night, passed slowly, with her waking up every hour or so. Eventually she stayed asleep until she heard dripping from inside the room.

She looked around and saw the moss and bed was damp. "Oh no..." Celestia said, removing the cover.

She slid Green off the bed and placed her on the floor, then wiped the bed down with the covers. Then she used the remaining dry part of the covers to clean Green up.

Celestia looked away and wandered over to the other side of the room, placing the covers down and unfolding them to let them dry.

She turned back to see Green cry once more, stuck in silence. Celestia rushed over and nuzzled her. "Don't worry... It's not your fault," she said, kissing her on the cheek.

The tears slowed and Celestia licked her face clean again, both of them relaxing in the gesture. "This is getting to be a habit..." Celestia giggled and snuggled in close to save warmth.

They both woke up with a bang as the door was slid open. A siren blared in their room, "Time for work!"

Celestia grunted as she lifted herself up and out of the still non-moving form of Green. "I... have to leave you here," Celestia said, her expression full of regret and anger. "I'll come back with some food, promise."

Reciving no response, Celestia turned to the door and exited. The door slid shut behind her and she saw numerous other elks wander out of their rooms.

Not knowing where to go, she followed every other elk. They made their way out of the small section they were stationed and down a set of stairs.

There, they picked up a pick and carried on down at least a hundred flights of stairs until they reached the bottom of the hole.

Celestia was gasping from exhaustion and the heat as she reached the bottom, at least a couple minutes behind the others.

She tightened her grip on the pick and carried on following. 'This will not beat me. I have been through Tartarus and back, beaten Discord and triumphed the blistering wilds.'

Celestia trudged on and followed the others down one smaller ramp and was pushed out of the way by a minotaur.

The other elks moved out of the way for him and he stopped, looked about and chose a plot of rock to smash his pick into. Every hit caused a miniture earthquake and the crack to grow larger.

Celestia tried to ignore that and pick a smaller plot to start with. She gripped her pick in one hoof and swung clumsily, hitting the ground and making a small scratch.

She frowned and tried again and again, slowly making progress. Of course, this wasn't enough and by the time she had exhausted herself, she had only made a small hole.

"You had better speed up soon," A bull said next to her, looking down at her hole. "You don't want to go the the changing chambers..."

Celestia looked over and saw Quick Sell. She blinked and shook her head, taking another look.

The bull had a back mane with a light blue coat, smudged with an excessive amount of rock dust and mud.

He held out a hoof, "I'm Shatter Hoof..."

"Celestia... pleasure." Celestia glanced up and saw he had his antlers clipped off and also saw his wings were clipped as well.

She gasped and held a hoof over her mouth. "I..."

"Oh these?" Shatter looked at where Celestia was looking, "I had them taken when I was born, they don't bother me."

"But, you've never flown..."

"and I never will, not a big deal underground." Shattered let out a chuckle and picked his pick up, striking the earth. "You really should pick up the pace, I know you're young but they won't take it easy on you."

"R-right..." Celestia picked up her own pick and hit the ground with a bit less intensity, but still managed to do more than she normally would.

'I guess a thousand years makes a pony lazy...' she thought, waiting in line for her gruel. She held the place out with a shaking leg and caught the vile looking food.

Placing it on her back, she rushed out of the make-shift canteen and back up the hundred flights of stairs. She made it back to the room and kicked the chitin, making it slide open.

Celestia rushed inside and placed the gruel on front of Green who hadn't moved. She moved Green around to make sure she didn't lose circulation in her body parts and lifted her onto the bed. "I got some... food?"

Lifting the spoon up to Green's mouth, Celestia opened her jaw and moved it in, closing and helping her swallow.

"I hope it tastes okay..." Celestia said, looking down. Her own stomach ached from hunger, but she wanted to make sure Green didn't go without.

Compared to her age, Green was a foal anyway and she had stopped her from losing her nubs. She would do anything for this cow, anything.

Celestia nuzzled her and kissed Green on the cheek, stopping herself from trembling, "I have to go back, I have the rest of the day."

Celestia backed away, giving Green a large smile and exited the room.

~~~

She came back after another eight hours of work absolutely exhausted and having achieved minimal results.

She was pushed into the room and gagged. Celestia looked around and found that Green had soiled the bed.

Sighing, Celestia walked over and moved her off and back onto the floor. She picked up the dry covers and cleaned her up, then wrapped the feces up, placing it in the corner.

Celestia walked back and nuzzled Green, "Don't worry, I'll throw it away tomorrow."

Green shook as her tears cascaded down the face. "Hey... Don't cry, it will be alright, you'll see..." Celestia didn't know if she believed it herself, all the evidence looked to be against her.

She closed her eyes and rested her head against Green's, "Please Green, believe me."

~~~

The next few weeks carried on like a routine. Celestia would go out to the mine, kissing Green goodbye, bring food up to her, leave and come back eight hours later.

Celestia started to lose weight until she was almost skin and bones. Her muscles lost density until she could barely lift her pick.

She walked into the room, the soldier not having the heart to push her in. The door shut behind her and she felt to the ground.

"Green..." Celestia wheezed, "I'm sorry I didn't bring food..."

Green's eye twitched.

"I don't think I can look after you..." Celestia coughed. "For much longer..."

Green's leg twitched and her tail wagged.

"Heh, to think... The great solar diarch's end is this mine..." Celestia let out a pained laugh, "I have enjoyed our time together..."

Green reached out and gripped Celestia's hoof, "N-no!" She fell off the bed and dragged herself onto Celestia, "I love you too much... to let you kill yourself for me!"

Green pulled Celestia into her embrace, "Please..."

Celestia hugged back and sobbed into Green's coat, "What happened to you!"

"I don't know... I couldn't move... I tried to scream, but I couldn't after they took..." Green looked away before smiling, "You don't know how grateful I am to have you."

Celestia peppered Green with kisses, finally ending with one on the lips. She pulled back with a blush, "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay..." Green replied, touching her lips with a hoof.

Celestia looked away, ashamed and embarrassed.

The two of them glanced at each other out of the corner of their eyes. Finally, it was Green that spoke up, "Can you describe what you look like?"

"What do you mean?" Celestia asked, confused.

"You're the solar Princess, right?" Celestia nodded, "You never said what you look like."

Celestia looked around for a small rock and moved to the wall Green was leaning against. She drew out the basic outline, then filed in her cutie-mark and her regalia.

"There..." She said, showing off her work. "I was in charge of the sun... much good that did me..."

Green ran a hoof over the etch and smiled, "Can you take me... when you go back?"

"I... Guess I can, I don't really know though, why?"

"I don't want to live in a world without you..." Green blushed and ran a hoof across Celestia's cheek.

Celestia turned away, "I... This is wrong..." Green pulled back, hurt. "I can take you, damn it, I want to. But this body is... too young..."

"I'm sure we can get a high wizard or something?"

Celestia chuckled, "Really?"

"I guess not..."

"Why though?"

"I... spent all this time, simply laying and..." Green blushed, "other stuff... I came to realize that you're looking after me, not out of obligation, but because of love..."

"I felt it when we entered, but couldn't say... until now..." Green cupped Celestia's cheek.

"Please, you can't..."

"But we love each other; your two thousand..."

"They see me as a calf," Celestia said, silencing Green.

Her expression faded to nothingness and Green backed away. "You're right, of course."

"I would like to... when I'm home and in my own body." Celestia smiled and held Green's hoof. "Just not yet..."

Green nodded, "Alright, I can wait, you're worth it."

Celestia blushed. "I'm really not," she mumbled. "Either way, we got problems. I'm getting too weak to hold a pick. I need something more. I need you to teach me magic."

Green looked away, "I don't have-"

"That doesn't matter right now!" Celestia eased up, "We'll both die if I can't mine. Plus, now you're alright, they'll want you to mine as well."

"All you have to do is describe how to access my magic and how to use it. I might not know as much as Twilight, but I know my magic."

Green frowned as she thought, "Well..."