• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 1,889 Views, 24 Comments

The ark project - Flaming unicorn 123



Three massive star ships are sent on a mission to go to another dimension find a suitable planet to make a coloney.

  • ...
9
 24
 1,889

Discovery

The Ark Project
Chapter 1
Discovery


Three months after the events of prologue. A video feed of captan Michles blocked Brown's vision from the large metal crates containing various vecal parts.

He pressed his ear piece to activate the mic. "Yes Michele's what is it"

"Sir we have detected a small star with a planet in its vicinity" he said his voice with a hint of enthusiasm.

"That's great tell the other captains and plot a course. I'll be there if fifteen minutes" said Brown letting a smile escape his lips.

"Yes, Sir" Michles responded before the Channel closed.

"You there. Yea you. Finish taking stock of these parts" Brown yelled to a nearby person handing him a clear tablet.

—————————————————————————————————————————

The automatic doors to the bridge slid with a hiss allowing Brown to enter. He walked over to the halo table only to already see 2 video feeds of the other ship captains and captain Michles.

"Sorry I'm late any new details ?" Questioned Brown. As he walked up to the table

" Yes we should should enter this planets orbit by tomorrow. And I beleave Captain Adain would like to tell us something," said Michles .

" Yes there is. I had my men run a long range range gravational scan to see how to calibrate our engines to handle orbit correctly. After the results came back and we looked through it we found something quite peculiar". Adain said with a short moment of silence fallowing.

"Well don't wait to build suspence tell us". Commanded Brown.

"Well for one there's a moon present. But thats not the weird thing. The weird thing is that this star orbits the planet not the other way around. Also this planet has about the same gravitational pull as earth does only differing by 11 newtons less ". He said while a full color holographic model appeared else where on the table of the star and the moon orbiting a blue planet with several large patches of green on it.

"Are you sure this accurate?" Questioned Davis.

"Yes, I triple checked it my self all three scans report the same thing".

"Well let's keep going. Once we enter orbit we'll be able to run more scans and find out the source of this strange behavior if the planet has anything connections to it".

"I agree" said Davis

"Ok then anyone else have any interesting news at this time ?"

" Yes, the animals aboard the ship are starting to get a bit restless there have even been a couple injuries with their caretakers". Said Davis who had remained quiet the whole meeting.

"I'm sorry to hear that Davis but I'm not a zoologist. So I don't know what to tell you. Anything else?" A moment of silence passed.

"No sir nothing we can't handle". Said Davis

"Ok good you all should get some rest your gona need it". The Chanel closed and brown walked off towards his quarters but stopped just short of the sliding doors separating the bridge from the rest of the ship."Michles" he shouted

"Yea". He responded turning his head away from a halogram of the star and planet that piqued his imagination.

"Get us there as fast as possible and then do it in half the time". He said with a small smile.

"Yes sir". He responded with a matching smile and a slight giggle.


—————————————————————————————————————————

12 hours latter.

The sound of an overly loud alarm sounded from brown's personal control panel yanking him out of his sleep.

"Ugggg. Five more minutes" he said as his hand blindly reached for the control panel trying to silence the alarm.

" I'm afraid not my friend for we have arrived" said Captain Michles as a halogram of him appeared above the pannel.

"Are you serious I thought the estimate was 24 hours". Said Brown still groggy a large amount of frustration in his voice. Thinking Michles had woke him up early just to piss him of.

"Yes I am serious". Michles said in a matter of fact tone. "I did what you said get us here as fast as possible and then do it in half the time".

"I didn't mean it liter- never mind just conduct standard scans on the planet. I'll be up there in ten minutes".

"Already done just got to show you the results. Their pretty amazing to tell the truth".

"Still gona be there in ten. See you up stairs"

"Yes sir"

—————————————————————————————————————————

The sliding doors gave another hiss as Brown entered the the bridge. He looked out the window to find not the black expanse of space but to find a massive blue orb mostly covered in green with some tan scars slashed harshly through the green.

"Sir!" Said Michles eagerness dripping off his voice. "You gotta see this".

"What's with all the excitement your not usually this excited to find a new planet.

"I'm not excited I'm curious, big difference. But you got to see this". He said motioning towards a halogram of the planet. "The atmospheric scans show 74 percent nitrogen 22 percent oxygen and so on and so forth". He said as a pie graph appeared next to the 'planet' showing the percentages of all the planet's gasses."Also we ran some thermal scans and they're pretty similar to earth's varying from place to place". And as he said this the pie graph disappeared to be replaced with several temperatures floating near the 'planet' with lines pointing to several areas on it." But there was a major temperature change here. For a hundred square miles here its seventy five degrees. But as soon as you step out of this area it's thirty below. I'm having engineering recalibrate the scanners to rule out macanical error".

"All this sounds great and we will be able to set up a colony from what your saying. But does it have proper amounts of the liquid water that powers our engines and does it have life"? Brown said cutting of Michles.

"I was getting to that. This planet has more than enough water. Seventy percent of it is water. But we still need to send a team down there to perform some tests to see if it will power our engines. And as for life this planet is covered in plant life. And as for major life"

"Sir". Said an officer as he approached the halo table interrupting Michles mid sentence.

"Yes ensign what is it ?" Questioned Michles in a very annoyed tone.

"Intel analyzed the orbital photos from earlier and, well, see for your self". Said ensign as he navigated the control panel on the side of the table bringing up several pictures of wooden and stone structures . A moment of silence suddenly fell upon the trio of officers.

"Send a low altitude drone flight over. This area here". Said brown pointing to a small cluster of structures surrounded by a field on one side and a large expanse of forest on the other.

"To sector 24.5662.5 ?" The ensign inquired

"Yes. Have the drone ready to launch in twenty minutes. And also send word to the other arks about what's going on". Brown said.

"Yes sir". Said the ensign as he saluted and walked of to fulfill his orders.

"Now I'm going down to the mess hall, pick up a cup of tea. And then go to the piloting room to monitor the flight". Said Brown.


—————————————————————————————————————————

"Commander on deck " yelled an officer yelled. Through the dimly lit room. Only lit by computer screens, three halogram projectors and several plasma bulbs hanging from the ceiling. Brown walked straight to the vacant commander's chair and sat down looking at the main screen to find a live video of the aft hanger. There sat a VX-96 night shade recon drone. It was a medium sized craft at 50 feet long and 20 feet high.With two water driven type 94 HE engines at the end of its long slender body. Enabling it to reach speeds of mock 8 in the atmosphere and mock. Two delta wings hugged the craft and its top secreat cloaking technology.

"It it ready for takeoff"? Questioned Brown

"Yes sir it is". Said the pilot.

"Then lets get this show on the road shall we" .


—————————————————————————————————————————

Meanwhile in ponyville
7:32 AM local time

A lavender alicorn and her green and purple dragon assistant lay in their beds. In a peaceful sleep as the sun crested over the horizon. The town was just waking up, the birds were chirping. And the smell of freshly baked goods was every where.

KA-BOON. A massive explosion shook not only their tree home but the whole town.

"Huh". Twilight said drowsily sitting up in her bed. "Spike. Spike. Spike!!".

"Uggg. Five more minutes twilight". Spike said in a whine.

"Did you hear that"?

"Hear what ".

"Never mind". She said as she slipped back under her sheets. Only to hear banging at the door. "Uggg. What how". She said slight aggravation in her voice. But she gets out of her bed and walks down stairs to the door. Only to be greeted by more banging.

"Princess". Shouted a voice from the other side of the door. Twilight opened the door being met by a stallion pegasus with a dark blue mane and coat. Wearing dark purple armor, her personal body guard. "Princess are you alright "? He asked concern in his voice.

"Yes of course Hawkeye. Why wouldn't I be" ? She questioned confusion in her voice.

"Did you hear that explosion "? He asked

"Yea what was that ? Do you know"?

"I don't know exactly but I do know a hot air ballon collided with something moving extremely fast".

"Was anypony in the ballon"?

"No".

"What about the object"?

"I don't know but debris landed in the Everfree forest".

"Huh what's going on"? Spike questions. "Oh hey Hawkeye". Spike said as he entered the door way.

"Oh hey Spike". Hawkeye said with a smile, to the small purple dragon.

" Just something crashed into the Everfree forest and me and my friends are going to check it out". Twilight said looking towards Hawkeye then spike.

"I'm going too". Hawkeye responded.

"And he's going also".

"Want me to go get the girls"? Spike said already knowing the drill.

"No it's ok I'll go get them". She said. He knew she would say that but he still asked regardless.

Author's Note:

Again this is my first story feel free to comment on anything that might need tweaking.