• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 1,885 Views, 24 Comments

The ark project - Flaming unicorn 123



Three massive star ships are sent on a mission to go to another dimension find a suitable planet to make a coloney.

  • ...
9
 24
 1,885

Prologue

Today’s the day launch day June 22, 2213. To the everyday citizen it was just another supply convoy to the Space Colonies but to the governments of the world this was the end of a ten year undertaking to ensure humanity’s survival. Three Massive “Ark” ships sat in port waiting for the all clear. Each with its crew of 2,000 more or less men and women and its specialized cargo.

“Director Brown we have the go ahead for launch” said an officer on the bridge of Ark 1.

“Excellent. Begin take off procedure” Said Director Brown the leader of the ark fleet. The ship’s four water powered engines hummed for several seconds before the ship lurched upward stopped then began a steady ascension. This continued for several minutes before all three ships breached the atmosphere.

“Sir we’ve breached the atmosphere”. Said another officer.

"Engines holding at seventy five percent ". Said another

“Good. Activate the deep space drive and continue to the rendezvous point at star system omega. I’ll be right back”. Director Brown said before he left the bridge. He walked down a maze of hall ways and corridors with a display projected on the lenses of his glasses guiding him. He soon arrived at large grey door. He punched in the passcode on the touch display next to it and the door hissed open. He walked in slowly into the dimly lit room being sure not to wake up the captain. He crouched right next to the bed and shouted “WAKE UP IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!”.

“AHHHH what the fuck” Captain Michles yelled and rolled to the side right off the bed. He hit the metal floor with a thud.
"Your an ass sometimes you know that" Captain Michles said when he got back up.

“Wouldn't be the first time you said that ” Brown responded.

“It was ok in collage but now it’s just unprofessional.”

“Ok, Ok it won’t happen again. Now get up its time to get stuff done we’ll be there soon”

Micheles knew that it would probably happen again tomorrow but didn't pay to much mind to it.
Director Brown left the room and headed back to the bridge . Almost getting lost twice. He always did have trouble navigating these massive ships. When he returned back to the bridge he was met with its usual bustle of people walking, tapping the holographic displays to guide the ship and the small murmur that would never go away. He walked over to the navigation station.

“What’s our progress?” questioned Brown

“We’ll arrive shortly, Sir.” Responded the ships navigation director. Brown thanked him and walked to a halo table. As captain Michles walked into the room.

“Sargent open a channel to the rest of the ships”. Ordered Brown.

“Yes sir”. He replied. In several seconds later, two 35 inch video feeds were projected above the table.

“Ello there director”. Spoke Captain Aiden with a thick British accent. The Leader of ark 2.

“Sir”. Spoke Captain Davis, leader of ark 3 with just a hint of a Russian accent.

“Gentlemen we will be approaching the station within minutes. Now I know we will be heading into the unknown. So I need to know that I can trust you?”

“You can trust me sir”

“You can trust me as well”

“Good. Now that that’s over let’s get down to business. We will approach the station in formation and wait until we get the word from Dr.Strochvitz as to where the portal will open. Then the portal should open and we will enter single file. Make sure that all of your ship goes through. Whatever doesn’t make direct contact will not exit this dimension. The portal can’t be open for longer than fifteen minutes if it does it could break apart the fabric of this dimension. Utterly destroying it. Once we breach the portal get into formation and await further orders. Understood?”

“Yes Sir.” They responded simultaneously.

“Good. Sargent close the channel”

The video feeds disappeared and the space above the table went clear. Another 40 minutes went past with nothing exciting happening. Until a red triangle with a white exclamation point in the center appeared on Brown's glasses. He taped the side of his glasses opening the video feed. A man in a blue button up shirt with the W.S.E.D logo on the breast pocket.
“Director bypass the original vaiting point and proceed directly to the testing area. Ve are ahead of schedule. And are eagerly avaiting your arrival” Said a man with an accent that could almost be mistaken for German. The picture abruptly closed before Brown could respond.

“Ok then” Brown mumbled under his breath. He tapped the side of his glasses and a video feed of Capitan Michles appeared.

“We’re going to bypass the checkpoint and go straight to the testing area. The doctor is running ahead of schedule apparently”.

“Yes sir we should arrive in about an hour”.

The hour passed quickly with small discussions about the ship’s status and many other things.

“Sir we have arrived” said Michles

“Good, sound general quarters. And put the fire teams on high alert. I don't fully trust this portal tech”

“Yes, sir” several seconds later a horn went off in threes beep* beep* beep*. This went on for thirty seconds fallowed by the ship buzzing with life as everyone went to their stations. Fire teams put on suits and soldiers put on air masks, grabbed rifles, and took positions outside all the major entrances and exits.

“Sir Dr.Strovitiz is on the main line”. Shouted an officer. Director Brown strode over to the halo table where captain Michles was already standing. Above the table was video feeds of all the other ship captains and the doctor.

“Ok good now that ve’re all here. The plan has changed you still need to enter your ships single file but the portal will be slightly bigger to allow easier entry. The only drawback is the portal will only be open for five minutes.”

“Five minutes that’s not enough time to get all the ships through.” Said the captain of ark two said his accent straining.

“You’ll have to make do with five minutes the generator will overload and the portal will collapse in on its self if we hold it any longer”.

“Are you sure about this Doc? We’ll be pushing ourselves for time”. Asked Brown

“Positive”

“Ok. Ark one and two will defiantly go through ark three I want you to hold back and if there’s time then proceed through if not return to earth”.

“Yes, sir” the ark captains said simultaneously

“Now that that’s settled the portal will be opened at coordinates alpa,192 in ten minutes”.

“Ok, see you on the other side”. Said Brown as he tapped a button on the table closing the video feeds.
The ships proceeded to the coordinates and slowly approached a small formation of oddly shaped craft. Each craft appeared as a 550 yard long full silver colored spear with a silver hoop two thirds of the way up. And a dark grey colored box at the rear end no doubtably the control room of each craft.

The image of the doctor appeared back on brown’s glasses “opening portal in two minutes” he said as the image disappeared. The massive ark ships moved slowly in to a straight line. Suddenly a light purple circle appeared making contact with each of the small ships in the circle.

“Keep the ship steady and head forward” Brown ordered and the ships went through.Several moments of tense silence passed as the ship slipped through the portal.

"Why I be dammed we made it through alive" Brown broke the silence that had filled the room

Author's Note:

This is my first story feel free to criticize just don't go overboard. Tags may change in future chapters.