• Published 20th May 2013
  • 2,159 Views, 39 Comments

Volition - PredictableOffender



GILDA x YOU FIC. Life is boring and slow burning at your coal mine and you wonder if anything would change that.

  • ...
6
 39
 2,159

Birth of an Opportunity

Author's Note:

I'm not dead just lazy, lonely and fat.

Yet again no editing.

You had some wild theories on what just happened but they all seemed too good to be true so you dismissed them all. It is no use to think about right now you have to concentrate on your assignment of wasting time. You have many options available to you save the venues only accessible via flight, hopefully you are not missing too much. You planned to go the theater anyway so you decide it would be a good idea to go check out what else you can watch.

The mall is a crowded place, even if you could fly you would be very careful about it. The noise and color is beginning to get on your nerves but you have no idea where to go. The theatre would be quieter than the rest of the mall so you hasten your pace, while being careful not to work up a sweat. You navigate the crowds, one thing you hate about of crowds is when people begin to stare at you, they are curious today.

You find yourself back at the theatre where you fear you may end up spending most of your time. You enter the theatre’s round main hall, the there were 10 different movies being played in various locations. You decided to pick the raunchy comedy starring the racial stereotype because you really don’t want to think right now.

To your dismay the movie was a funny, clever and filled with relevant social commentary. It was an equestrian film about a redneck earth pony caught up in a magical mishap. Leaving him trapped in cloudsdale with no way home, it brought up a ton of equestrian issues. Even though this is the first time you left Coalsack you do a heap of reading.

Although it worked better than the mind numbing you wanted you just thought about something else for that one and a half hours. If Rosetta had not kicked you out of your room you would go back there for a nap, actually you could just buy another ticket and do just that. Nothing could put you asleep like watching the same movie twice so in a moment of genius you go back to the lobby.

The ticket guy looked at you like some sort of anomaly but you had no way of explaining things to him anyway. You waltz straight back into the same theater and the same seat and make yourself comfortable, you fall asleep before you know it.

Just when you feel you had gotten enough rest you were awaken mid movie by someones claw in your face. They seem pushy so you try your best to get up, this ends in you stumbling into the random soldier that had been so rude. She pushes you off of her and you stagger to your feet.

<I’m not a morning person>

“.... errr please come with me” The soldier skipped the introductions and gestures for you to follow.

<I swear I will tie you down and have my way with you> You don’t have to deal with this.

“Sir! This way” She gestures at you as you try to walk ahead of her and presumably the wrong way.

“I’m on orders from Admiral Onyx to bring you to the bridge! Sir please come back!”

<Fuck you!> The soldier seemed to understand that gesture.

“I’m sorry I’m going to have to take you back by force”

~~~

“So you idea on how to accelerate Project Hellfire was to bring a Inbred-Sisterfucking backwater frankensatien!” The person you assume is Admiral Onyx unloaded this at Artorias. “And would the fine ladies and gentlemen here tell me why we should listen to this lazy drunk rather than me?” None of the others on the bridge respond to her.

“Can I have a turn too?” Artorias is sitting like an elementary school student on the ground.

“I’m not finished! You also stole my job of-” Artorias cuts her off.

“That was because you would have done a horrible job at anyway” You look around the bridge for a way out but there are guards everywhere.

At that point you decide to fully tune out their argument and start to actually look around the bridge. Artorias had you take his seat so you sat in the middle with a panel of buttons and quite the view of the other crew and the Equestrian landscape. The panel had an engraving in it “Beast of Many Eyes - St Lawrence's ltd” you had used this enhanced alloy system before in the mine to monitor safety and worker honesty. You mess with some of the dials and the large shined metal plate begins to show an image, it was a view from the exterior of the ship. Some more dialing reveals more exterior views and if you flick a switch you get a view of mechanically important parts of the interior of the ship.

You decide not to play with the other panels.

“Leave I’m finished with you” Onyx literally picks you up and tosses you towards the door.

<She’s a bitch good luck> you sign to Artorias as you leave.

“And you can add mute to the list!” She tosses one last bit of verbal abuse before you leave.

<Don’t worry boy I had to deal with her for a while> you leave before you can hear her response to Artorias.

“You can talk to that Frankenstein?” nevermind you heard that from the other side of the door.

You had been dragged to the ultra utilitarian section of the ship where everything had to be triple redundant and fire proofed in case of emergency. Small hallways and tripping on every reinforced beam make you never want to come up here again, even if it is a good idea to protect critical infrastructure.

You suddenly feel yourself growing strangely fond of these dark oppressive halls. So you didn’t mind it that much when you lost your way in the ship. Once you decided you have had enough of being lost you just take the nearest elevator back to your room.

Unfortunately the bridge is on the other side of the ship so you have to walk back to your room. On the bright side you only had to walk two blocks starboard to get onto the same street... err... hallway as your room. Your muscles still slightly ache from the last time you had to walk to the other side of the ship but you have no choice in the matter. Its not like you could fly even if you could.

Cheer the fuck up.

“I’ve told you this before boy, giving up is for bitches.” a voice of a deadman rings in your head.

On second thought pushing yourself or putting more effort in may not be worth it. Although the pissing off a highly trained, decorated and experienced special operations soldier with a known short temper seems like a bad idea. Your reserves of willpower are running incredibly low and you can’t run on empty for much longer so you decide you are going to get a well deserved break in Canterlot.

~~~

“I will not stand for your lack of respect anymore!” Onyx attempts to strike Artorias but he swiftly dodges.

“I know you’re a very angry kid but is something bothering you?” Artorias dodges another strike.

“Don’t call me a kid!” She lunges at him while all the bridge go about their business in the background.

“You are a quarter my age”

“And yet I’m the one with the brain to follow protocol”

“....can we wrap this up? We have to begin landing preparations and I don’t want to burden Surtr with anymore work”

“What!”

“I have things to do can you go back to following his plan”

“....what?”