• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 1,257 Views, 14 Comments

Discord's Elements of chaos - Thy Obsessive Freak



Ponies with the Elements of chaos are intent on bring back Discord. Our six manes must stop them.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,257

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
[Edited by Stardust]

“Man, this things heavy.” said Trample Jerk as she and Foulhoof placed down the statue, deep within the gloom forest.

“Alright, wasn’t the rest of the gang meant to meet us here?”

They then heard this chorus of screams from above and were slammed down by the rest of them just on queue.

“Dawnshade! I thought it was a teleportation spell! Not a flying lesson spell!” shouted Frownie.

“Oh haha with the sarcasm!”

“Seriously, is blowing stuff up the only thing you’re able to do?” said Glomun.

“Hey, for your information I was a great magic user, I just didn’t expect doing the teleportation spell would be that hard. Besides, I got us out in one piece!”

“One piece is putting it mildly.”

“Want to fill us in when you’ll be getting off of us!?” shouted Foulhoof. The ponies all got off the pile they were in, except for one of them. “Trample Jerk! You too!”

“Did you get Discord?” Dawnshade then saw for himself the statue before them. “Yes-yes! We’ve won! We’ve did it! We’ve got Discord! Now all we need to do is awaken him!”

“Um, just how do we free him?” asked Frownie.

“Trample Jerk! I told you to get off me!”

“Uh, I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“Well, Discord didn’t exactly give instructions.”

“Well you don’t exactly expect him to just get us to free him, without knowing how.”

“That’s the thing, what if we do know, but just don’t realise it yet?”

“Huh?” chorused all the ponies.

“Think about it, Discord was freed once right. I bet it was so easy that some pony got tired to society like we have and was able to free him just like that. So it must be the same for us, it’s so trivial that we’re just not looking hard enough.”

“Trample Jerk! I’ll give you one more chance to get off of me!”

“Or more likely, Discord didn’t even know how he got freed the first time and expects us to figure out,” said Rotten Tim.

“Either way, we’ve only spent eight hours, which means we should have sixteen hours to let us figure out how!”

“That gives us basically a day to figure out how we’re suppose to get Discord out of there.”

“Thanks for pointing out the negative news, Frownie, but if you’ve forgotten, we didn’t sign for this, so we have no choice but to deal with this. For now we’re going to have to keep moving.”

“Why?”

“If you really need me to point it out, those Elements of harmony will be trying to pursue us once they figure out that we haven’t freed Discord yet, then again they’ll be after us either way and we can’t let them hinder us anymore.”

“Um, I’m sure they won’t even find us, we’re all the way out in the forest.”

“Trust me, Twilight will be drawn by the bond she has tied to me and will come trailing to be together.”

“Yeah right, when I saved your ass from her, she looked ready to waste you.”

“That was her imprisoned side trying to desperately resist me. Now that she must confront who she is with herself, she will realise that she was being foolish and come racing to me. If not, doesn’t change the fact that they’ll be wanting Discord back and might end up getting lucky and finding us, therefore, we keep moving!”

*

Huddled around a map inside the remains of Twilight’s house, Twilight spoke. “Alright, girls, we know our objective, we just need to know where to look for it, but the thing is-where?”

“Me and Fluttershy chased them east, before they got the no good drop on us.”

“That’ll lead to nearby the dark forest.” said Applejack. “I bet that’s where they’re heading, the environment suits them fine.”

“She may be right. In the fashion magazines, it was said that Glomun had been last spotted in the dark forest among other delinquent ponies, so I would say that it’s possible.”

“So is there nowhere else they might have gotten to? We have to consider all our options before just jumping in, remember that the worlds at stake.”

“Sorry, Twilight, but I’m afraid that’s all we’ve got.”

“That’s alright, Applejack, if it’s the only place they may have gone to it might have been where they have gone.”

“Thing is, where in the Dark forest? It’s so big.” asked Fluttershy.

“We’ll have to figure that out on the way, we can’t waste anymore time. Did you all pack your things while Rarity and Fluttershy were fixing themselves?”

“Eager and ready.” said Fluttershy.

“I’m planning on making this quick to settle things with those no good outlaws.”

“You know I’m ready!” said Pinkie Pie.

“Good, then we shouldn’t spend any more time here and start making progress.”

They then all went outside ready to go on their journey, but were all stopped as they looked at the mass devastation of Ponyville. Ponies were out trying to pick out possessions out of the rubble, but some were still hurt from the attack and were bandaged up and then there were those who couldn’t do anything at all and had to remain still outside until beds could be sorted at the hospital.

“Girls!” shouted the Mayor as she approached. “I hope you give those vandals what for.”

“Don’t worry, Mayor, we will, I just wish we had been here sooner though to prevent all this.” replied Twilight.

“That’s alright, to be honest; I doubt there would’ve been much you could’ve prevented. Those savages have damaged our hometown’s spirits with the malice and madness they brought. Just seeing them were enough to hurt us. I’m ashamed that some of them came from this town or anywhere for that manner.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll see they get brought to justice and be back to help with the repairs. I’ve left Spike here to help out for now though, seeing as there wasn’t that much he could do while we were fighting those goons.”

“Thanks and I hope to see you soon.”

“Hope to see you soon again as well. Alright, girls, let’s move it out!”

*

“We’re at the dark forest why now?” questioned Rarity.

“That’s the problem, I don’t know.” said Twilight. “If they are in here, it’ll be like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

“Wait, can’t Fluttershy communicate with animals?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Oh yeah, Fluttershy, are there any animals around here that you could possibly communicate with?”

“I’ll see, but there aren’t that many animals that stay near around the Dark forest.”

“How about that raven up there?” asked Rarity.

They saw perched on one of the trees, a black bird that looked at them.

“Um, I don’t know, he looks like he doesn’t want to be bothered.”

“Come on Fluttershy, you have to try. The world’s at stake.”

“Oh okay. Excuse me, raven, but you wouldn’t happen to have seen six ponies with a statue walk into the forest, did you, if you don’t mind me asking?” In response, the raven gave a caw. “He says nope.” The raven then gave another caw. “But he did see two Pegasus ponies carrying a statue fly by.” The ponies then gave a relieved gasp. “Followed by four other ponies that flew by.”

“Four flying ponies? Do you think Dawnshade and the rest of the varmints got chased by some other ponies or something?” asked Applejack.

“I believe it may have been Dawnshade’s teleportation spell,” said Twilight sarcastically.

“Dawnshade knows a teleportation spell?” asked Rainbow dash.

“Don’t worry, he hasn’t exactly learnt to get the grasp of it yet, though I will admit that it was what managed to get him and his gang out of our hooves before we could pursue him. But I doubt he’ll think of using it again.”

“Well enough with the vague answers. Fluttershy, could you ask which way exactly those douches entered?”

“”Um, Mr. raven, could you indicate where they went?”

It then pointed its wing in a specific direction.

“Great.” said Twilight. “Fluttershy, keep an eye out for any other animals and ask them if they’ve seen the other ponies are well. Everyone, let’s get moving.”

*

One of the owls had emerged from its home and stretched its wings, ready for tonight. A rock had struck close to him and he shot off from his branch in panic.

“Hahaha! Take that you stupid owl!” said Trample Jerk.

“Do you always have to start with those animals? They just end up attacking you in your sleep and waking us all up.”

“Frownie, I want just for one night for you to stop trying to get in the way of my fun and know what it’s like for a change at how amusing to see someone in a killer moment.”

“I’m about to kill you in a moment if you don’t start realising that nothing you do is fun.”

“You two aren’t going to fight again are you!?” shouted Dawnshade. “Anyways, Rotten Tim and Foulhoof, your turn to carry Discord!”

“Forget it.” said Rotten Tim.

“Dude, I don’t see even see where Foulhoofs gone to.” said Glomun as he helped carry the statue.

“Raagh! Do any of you care that if we don’t work together, we’ll never awaken Discord!?”

“Forget Discord, I’m just in this so that I can be free once more.” said Rotten Tim.

“Oh, so what? So that you can be a loner again, all by yourself?”

“Yes, because I like to be alone. The only reason I was with you six to begin with is because we were going in the same direction, after this I’m making sure we go our own ways.”

“Keep talking, Rotten Tim, you’ll regret that once Discord is free and you isolate yourself from a wonderful world that he will create, where there’s no rules, no oppression and we can do whatever we want!”

“Strange, we sort of, like, had that to begin with.” said Glomun.

“Yes, but I hate society, believing that it’s okay to listen to a pile of wasteful thrash that does nothing more than restrain us from who we really are.”

“I’m getting tired of all this bickering,” said Frownie.

“It’s also getting dark. I think if we’re to use our brains to find a way to free Discord, we should give them some rest.”

“Guess you’re right. We haven’t had anyone try to stop us so far anyways, so it’ll be okay to rest. Just no fooling around. I swear can’t get a moments sleep when you’re all reverted back into idiots. Especially you Trample Jerk.”

“Fine.”

Dawnshade then randomly appeared over in front of her. “I mean it, you mess about just once that results in me waking up that’ll even further result in ruining everything, I swear, before we’re turned to statues, I’ll ring your neck so hard, your head will fall off once you’re turned to stone!”

*

“I think we’re getting close to them.” said Fluttershy. A lot of animals of the forest now surrounded them, birds perched on trees; animals circled about and underground creatures borrowed and all made their sounds to her.

“What’s with all these animals chasing us?” asked Rainbow dash.

“Apparently all these animals have something against one of the ponies were tracking, whose been mean to them all in one way or another and are eager for us to help us get back at them on their behalf, even though some of them have already done it themselves. Plus some of them would be relieved if we could also do something with the pony that smells so bad that it will stop him stinking up the forest.”

“You can assure them that I can promise that latter request.” said Rarity.

“I don’t see why we don’t just charge and run after them instead of going at this slow poke space!”

“Because, Rainbow Dash, we need to conserve energy for when we do find them, plus we weren’t this sure at first as we are now that we’re on the right path.” answered Twilight. “We’ll also need a plan of attack for when we do find them.”

“Yawn, doesn’t change the fact that we have been doing this for some time now. I think it’s important we get ourselves some rest before we wear ourselves out first.” said Applejack.

“What!? You want us to stop while we’re getting so near to them!?” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“I doubt we’re that close to them and we could use the rest. The Elements of chaos ponies might have just done that while we were catching up with them. They may have been resting this whole time in fact, being that they shouldn’t be aware that we’re beating them and therefore be at full strength when we find them. We also shouldn’t get worried about losing them, so long as enough animals keep up contributing to help us catch them.”

“I just wish we knew why there’s been no sign of Discord being freed yet, my mind hasn’t been able to rest about it?” questioned Rarity.

“They probably don’t know how. Think about it- how do you free Discord? The first time he was freed was because Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were no longer connected to the Elements of Harmony, but how else to do free Discord besides that?”

“You have a point, they’re probably wreaking their brains on how to accomplish that.” said Rarity.

“That just gives us more reason to hurry up after those guys!”

“No it doesn’t, they can exhaust their heads all they want, but if we arrive exhausted we’re more at a disadvantage if they have rested at all. We can’t just throw ourselves at them, considering we’re Equistria’s only hope.”

“I think we should all put this to vote.” said Twilight. “All up for resting for tonight?” Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Applejack had placed up their hooves. “All up for continuing our pursuit?” Everyone then placed their hoof down, except for Rainbow Dash, who raised hers. “Then it’s decided, we’ll rest for tonight and continue the pursuit tomorrow.”

“Hey! Fluttershy, how come you didn’t put your hoof up at all? You got to have wanted to get back at those dirtbags as much as I did for bullying your friends!”

“I just didn’t want to take sides.”

Rainbow Dash had made a loud grunt in response.

“Come on, ladies, let’s get some rest.” said Twilight.

*

Gotten out of her sleep, Trample Jerk had gotten agitated by these loud murmurs she heard.

“Oh, Twilight, don’t feel so bad, we were all fooled by Princess Celestia at one point- No, I’m not mad at you for all those times you blasted me- of course I still have feelings for you, we were meant for one another.”

She could see it was Dawnshade- the Unicorn with a goofy grin on his face.

“Just come here and kiss me, I have always wanted to see what you tasted like.”

Saw the unicorn’s lips puckered up, with a twisted thought crossed Trample Jerk’s mind, she had moved Glomun next to Dawnshade and pressed him on his lips. The two waked up with shot open eyes to one another with their lips compressed to one another.

Trample Jerk then rolled back and laughed off her head.

“Trample Jerk!” Dawnshade growled.

“Trample Jerk! How many times have I told you that I don’t like waking up to that stupid laughter of yours!” shouted Frownie.

“You’ve told me a lot of things, but you should’ve seen it! Dawnshade just kissed Glomun!”

“Not funny! I can barely get Glomun’s taste out of my mouth and I doubt I ever will!”

“Dude, why did you kiss me?” asked Glomun concerned.

“I really should’ve slept somewhere else,” said Rotten Tim.

“I didn’t mean to! Trample Jerk made me!”

“How! Was it a bet or something?”

“A bet!? Why didn’t anyone get me involved?” asked Foulhoof. “I so would’ve won.”

“More like cheated,” said Frownie. “But, Trample Jerk, cut out the laughter! I flaming well hate that laughter of yours!”

“It wasn’t even a bet!”

“Then what then!?”

“It was a bet wasn’t it!? I want in next time!” said Foulhoof.

“Trample Jerk, you keep laughing and I will throttle you!”

“I’m off to sleep somewhere else.” said Rotten Tim.

They then all halted at the sound of this buzz saw grind noise. “Uh, what’s that?” asked Trample Jerk. They all turned to see it was Dawnshade, his teeth cracked against each other, his eyes flashed black and his horn flared with dark flames.

“Why does this always need to happen?” asked Foulhoof.

“Raargh!”

*

Woken up by this loud boom that trembled the forest, all the girls jumped out of bed.

“What on earth was that?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“I don’t know, but you should go up a look to try and see if you can figure out what it was.” said Twilight.

“On it!”

Rainbow Dash shot through the trees and was able to see a cloud of smoke pour out and amongst it was Foulhoof who saw her too. He had seen her as well and quickly jumped back into the forest in a panic.

Rainbow Dash dashed back down.

“I’ve seen them; or at least I’ve seen Foulhoof that sneak. They’re over at some thick trail of smoke that just appeared!”

“They must’ve uncovered a ritual or something to awaken Discord.” said Rarity.

“Either way, we’re going to have to get moving now that we have a precise lock on their coordinates and need to know what they’re exactly up to now.” said Twilight. “Let’s move.”

*

Landed back amongst the other Elements of Chaos, where Dawnshade panted heavily and his bloodshot eyes flared out in the centre of a large crater, Foulhoof ran up.

“Got to get moving! Those Elements of Harmony dorks are here!”

“Uh, what? Did they, like, see you?” asked Glomun.

“Uh, nope, but what else do you think is going to cause a big explosion all the way out here? We’re going to need to move now!”

“Hold it!” said Dawnshade, now a little more composed. “They’ve got nothing on their backs, while we have a heavy statue on ours. That means that they’re sure to catch up with us and we need time to think, not just run around all day and night until time runs out, we need time to think so that we can awaken Discord if you haven’t forgotten.”

“Well what do we do?” asked Glomun.

“Fight them, that’s what.” said Rotten Tim.

“I think we should set a prank and wait for all them to come by and spring it!” spoke Trample jerk.

“How about we challenge them to a game? We win, they get lost!” shouted Foulhoof.

“No! No! No! You morons, none of that’ll work. I have something that just might though, but all five of you, listen up and carefully,” said Dawnshade.

*


Arrived at the area that produced the smoke, the girls saw the large crater.

“What went on here?” asked Rarity.

“I don’t know and I doubt I want to know.” replied Twilight. “We now need to figure out which way they’ve gone. Fluttershy, do the animals know anything?”

Fluttershy then looked to a couple of nocturnal animals that made noises at her. “Yes, but they all split up into six different directions because they knew we were coming.”

“Do they know why?”

“No, apparently they all got a scare from one of the unicorns exploding and when they returned to see what had happened, they had all gone into six directions.”

“Do they know which one was carrying Discord?”

Asking that question to the animals, she replied to Twilight. “I’m afraid not, there was so much smoke and they went so fast that it was hard to tell any of them apart, even with a statue on their backs.”

“Sigh, we’re just each going to have to take a direction each and hope whoever finds Discord is able to retrieve him.”

“You can count on us, Twilight, each one of us is able to takedown two of them rattlesnakes with our front hooves tied behind our back, never mind one.” said Applejack.

“Okay, Fluttershy, tell us which directions they each went in.”

*

Propelled through the forest, Rainbow Dash flew eagerly. She was caught unprepared though for the tree branch that was slipped and slapped into her face and spun her back across the air.

“I know that dirty trick anywhere!” shouted Rainbow dash, after she regained control.

“Then how come you fell for it like always!?” shouted Foulhoof and swooped out from behind a tree. “Another race, Rainbow Crash!”

“Raagh! You’re so in for it, Foulhoof!”

*

Rushed through the trees, Rarity had gotten struck in the face by a splodge of mud.
“Ugh! I took a bath this afternoon after the first pile of mud you threw at me, Glomun.”

“And I totally had to catch up on some bad smells after the wash you gave me.” said the unicorn as he ran out from his hiding.

“Should be glad I gave you that wash up, those smells weren’t doing you much good!” shouted Rarity.

“Says you. What you going to do now anyways? Not like there’s any soap to hit you with- yikes!” shouted Glomun, just managed to dodge an soap bar thrown at him.

“You might want to rephrase that as I managed to pack a couple of soaps just for you!”

Dodged another bar of soap, Glomun threw a pile of mud back at her. “Dude, that’s righteous of you, but I’d rather you kept them to yourself, but here’s some mud right back at you that you might appreciate!”

*


Fluttershy ran more haphazard than control as she was being chased by Trample Jerk.

“Where you going, little pony? I just want to give you another makeover!”

“No thank you, I’d appreciate if you didn’t. I’d rather you’d just stop chasing me and just give up.”

“Maybe if you let me play with your hair one more time, come on, Fluttershy, it’ll be fun!”

*

“Rotten Tim, get back here and take your medicine!” yelled Applejack after the other Earth pony who had Discord on his back.

“Oh come on, you’re not telling me that your still upset that I hurt about two or three ponies I attacked. How can you get upset about that when it doesn’t even directly affect you!?”

“One thing you should know, Rotten Tim, is if you hurt someone, you hurt all those bonded to him at once and you have to deal with all of them!”

“Now that is just really stupid!”

“You can see how stupid it is if you turn around and fight me.”

“No thanks, I have places to be, where you’re not wanted!”

“Have it your way, but sooner or later that statue’s going to bear down on you and the you’re going to have to turn and fight me!”

“That’s what you think!”

*

“Hold it! Frownie!” said Twilight.

“Not interested, but it’s good that I ended up being chased by you, instead of that pinkish crazy pony that won’t stop trying to make me laugh and do these pointless games!”

“Mind telling me what’s wrong with that?”

“Everything’s wrong with that, I hate laughing, I hate games and I hate those who embrace it!”

“Have you at least tried to laugh and have fun!?”

“No, because it would be absolutely pointless!”

“Shouldn’t think something’s impossible until you try it, Frownie. No point staying in a frown for the rest of your life!”

“That’s the thing, I like being in a frown and I want to stay that way for the rest of my life! So would people just get off my back about it, especially you and that pink freak!?”

“Fine, if you really want to stay miserable your whole life, be that way, but I won’t let you bring Discord into this world.”

“Everyone tries to make me partake in their stupid games, I’ll have Discord awakened to make them partake in the stuff that no one liked doing centuries ago!”


*

“How’d I get stuck with this pink freak!?” screamed Dawnshade as he ran through the forest.

“You know that’s not very nice to call people names, even if you might not know their real-”

“I mean I was really hoping to get Twilight, maybe then we could talk some more and then she might finally fall into my hooves.”

“Why’d you want her to fall on your hooves?”

“It’s a metaphor about her falling in love with me!”

“I really don’t think that’s going to happen, especially after you read her diary!”

“What’s the big deal in looking into someone else’s book that they read?”

“A diary is where ponies keep all their private thoughts and ponies never like it when you read their private thoughts because then they’re not private thoughts!”

“Okay that’s really stupid!”

“Says you, you almost got the snot blasted out of you by Twilight!” shouted Pinkie pie and laughed.

“Shut up! I just wasn’t going to fight back because it was Twilight! No way a guy should hurt the gal he loves!”

“I thought you were the guy who didn’t follow rules?”

“Grrr, keep focused Dawnshade! Keep focused!”

*

The multiple chases had kept on going up to a junction where all their paths met. All at once, the Elements of Chaos leapt up and jumped pass one another, but the Elements of Harmony girls knocked into one another and fell into a hidden pit and crashed down onto the bottom.

“Good, was that all of them?” questioned Dawnshade.

“Um, there’s still one.” said Trample Jerk.

Huddled up against the corner was Fluttershy, surrounded by all six ponies.

*

“Ow- is everyone down here?” asked Rainbow dash.

“Hold on, let me light up the place.” Twilight’s horn then glowed and the ponies found themselves all crammed down in this hole. “Looks like it.”

“Hold on, where’s Fluttershy?” asked Rainbow dash.

On cue, Fluttershy was thrown down and crashed amongst all them.

“Ow! Fluttershy!”

“Sorry- sorry- sorry, so sorry.”

“Oh my, Fluttershy, what did they do to you back up there?” asked Rarity.

“Not much, strangely, why... they did it again didn’t they?” asked Fluttershy, covered in black markings and hair all messed up.

“Pah! You look so funny!”

“Pinkie pie! Those no good ponies did that to be mean to her!” yelled Applejack.

“I know, but she looks so funny!”

“You know, that pink freak has a lot in common with you, Trample Jerk.” said Dawnshade, his head hovered over the top of the hole.

“Yeah, too bad she’s friends with a bunch of dweebs and trying to stop all glorious Discord.”

“Dude! You think a hole’s going to stop me- Rainbow dash!?”

“Yeah, I could spring right out of this hole- soon as I can get my back hooves to touch the floor.” said Applejack.

“True, but that’s why we have this big rock here to clog it. We made this place whenever we couldn’t put up with Trample Jerk.”

“You’re not going to keep us in here!”

“Don’t worry, Twilight, my love, I’ll let you out when we’ve found out how to free Discord. After that you’ll be able to see the wonders he brings and see what I’ve done is right and might finally feel that special bond.”

“Enough about bonds please.” said Rotten Tim.

“Either way, see you for now, Twilly.”

The Elements of Chaos then slid the rock they talked about over them.

“Wait! Dawnshade, you don’t- wait! You better have not just called me a pet name!”

But the rock was fully sealed over them.