• Published 16th May 2013
  • 935 Views, 10 Comments

The Conversion Bureau : Landfall - Feefers



The barrier separating Equestria from Earth makes landfall.

  • ...
16
 10
 935

Dinner

The car started to descend, landing in the square smith had been for the appointment earlier that day.
Smith climbed out as a guard pony cautiously approached.
“I’m just going to need to search you, sorry we are on high alert.” The pony advised looking to Smith.
Smith nodded and smiled a little waiting as there was a cool tingle of magical silver energy over his body.
“Thank you, sorry about that again.” The pony stepped aside letting Smith continue on his way.

Smith walked across to the restaurant Hopeful Heart had suggested, grinning as he saw a little hoof written sign, “Humans welcome.”
He opened the door his eyes adjusting to the dimmer light inside as a waiter pony approached.
“Oh good evening!” The waited nodbowed, “Do you have a reservation?”
Smith nodded, “I’m Smith Johnson, here with Hopeful Heart.” He replied as the waiter pony smiled, “Ahh Mister Johnson, we have been expecting you but, i must confess we did not fully expect you would make it.”

Smith followed the waiter pony as he led him into the large restaurant all fully fitted for both ponies and people as he took a seat a small menu being slid down before him.
“Thank you...” Smith smiled as he stood up again as Hopeful Heart trotted in, she was wearing an elegant flowing dress and had a small tiara in her hair.
“H..hi” Smith blushed sitting down again as Hopeful did, “I’m glad you made it.”
Hopeful slid closer to the table sitting on the larger pony bench, “It got a bit crazy nearer the end of the day, but I threw on some things I had at home and made it work.”
Smith nodded taking Hopeful’s hoof in his hand rubbing carefully across it, “You look amazing.”
Hopeful beamed happily tracing her hoof up against Smith’s face carefully, “You ... look like you need a shower.” She replied honestly with a little giggle.
Smith looked over himself and nodded blushing, “Well I was at the conversion building when it exploded, I think I’m looking pretty good.”
Hopeful frowned a little taking his hand between her hooves giving him a tender squeeze, “I... didn’t know are you okay?”
Smith smiled softly nodding, “Nothing they couldn’t fix.”
“I am really glad, it’s good to see you again.” Hopeful said looking over the menu briefly.
“Unless there’s another ... incident tomorrow, i’ll be a pony and I would like to keep seeing you.” Smith blushed slightly feeling very self-conscious as other pony diners watched on, he was the only human in the place.
“I’d like that too Smith.” Hopeful replied as there was an almost audible sigh of approval from the onlookers.
Smith’s growing embarrassment was spared as the waiter pony trotted up to take their order.

Smith ordered a simple salad as Hopeful picked out a floral mix as the food came out on two large trays.
Smith poked at the salad curiously, there were a lot of fruits and vegetables he wouldn’t have considered fitted quite in a salad.
Smith ate it anyway enjoying the freshness but feeling a little dizzy as he sipped on some water.
“Uh...” Smith clutched at his tummy as he belched loudly a little magical cloud of sparkles escaping.
“W..woah.” Hopeful stood up scampering around the table to help support Smith as he swayed slightly.
“O..oh gosh!” The waiter pony started to panic, “Get him outside quick!”
Smith nodded swaying more clutching at his chest as he was guided by Hopeful outside, he stumbled into an alleyway before collapsing to his knees and vomiting heavily, a multicoloured rainbow of sick spilling out before him.
Smith quickly recovered wiping the rainbow from his mouth a little and weakly standing, “I guess the kitchen didn’t hear about humans reacting badly to raw Equestria food.”
Hopeful smiled weakly and placed a hoof on Smith’s shoulder, “I’m sorry, it was a pretty good date.”
“Thanks...” Smith peeked his head inside as the waiter pony trotted out.
“I am so so sorry, the chef, he didn’t know.” The waiter explained.
Smith held up his hand for the waiter to stop, “It’s okay. I’ll be fine.”
The waiter pony nodded apologetically, “I’m again sorry sir, your meals are of course en gratis and when you are a pony, stop by again and we will see you right.”
“That’s really kind of you, thanks.” Smith held himself steadying himself against Hopeful.
“Apologies again sir.” The waiter pony bowed before heading back in.
“You going to be okay getting home?” Hopeful asked, “You don’t need a doctor?”
Smith shook his head, “I think I threw most of it up, I should be fine.”
Hopeful nuzzled against Smith cuddling him with her hooves.
“I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.” Hopeful whispered helping Smith to the still waiting silver car.

Smith held his wrist up as the car scanned it, “Home please.” He said quietly waving to Hopeful as the car started to rise up into the air.
The car sailed quietly over the still burning city, thick plumes of acrid smoke rising up as Smith sighed, looking down at the destruction before looking out the sky lit up in the distance by the glimmer barrier of Equestria now visible on the horizon.

The car started to descend arriving at a small five story flat as Smith looked up at the former skyscraper.
The car door slid open as Smith walked out moving up to the now small house his wrist computer beeping as the door slid open.
"Announcement" A quiet computerised voice said, "Due to building occupancy this building will be altered at 11pm this evening, please do not be alarmed."
Smith nodded as the air-lock hissssed behind him closing up a single white line appearing on the floor leading to the ground floor apartment, he looked inside, it was larger, much larger than before, almost the entire area was his.
Not that there was much in it still, a larger bed that still fitted into the wall, a large bay window and most curiously of all a table sitting there in the middle of the floor.
Apart from that there was a large empty space sitting forlornly unsure what it should be doing.

Smith sat on the bed stretching as there was a soft beep, “You have one package waiting.”
Smith slid out of bed and across to the doorway and opened a small cuboard space just to the left of it where a small bag sat, he carefully opened the bag finding a small bottle of pills inside.
There was also a small hoof written note, “Take two and relax.”
Smith grinned as he opened the bottle taking out two of the small pills.
“Water please.” He waited as the table wobbled and a glass clumsily rose out of it full of water.
He sipped the water and swallowed the pill hole before returning to bed sliding off his uniform and dropping it into a bin at the end of the bed.
“Hey computer, clothes ration, water rations?” Smith asked as he got comfy on the mattress.
“You currently have 30 credits clothes, 4 water rations.” The computer responded.
Smith did some quick maths and sighed softly, “Computer... I’m going to have a shower in the morning, water; hot.”
The computer beeped, “This will leave you with no water rations, are you sure?”
“Won’t need them computer, yes I’m sure.” Smith replied tiredly feeling his muscles pulse, it had been a busy day and he was really exhausted as he felt sleep washing over him.