• Published 20th May 2013
  • 527 Views, 2 Comments

Patty the Pegasus: A Griffon's Tale. - TehAussieGriffin



Patricia Sab Saqr is an adopted griffon, and the familes who care about her don't trust each other until Luna steps in.

  • ...
 2
 527

Letters of introduction

Patty the Pegasus.
By Aussie Griffin.

Chapter 1: Letters of introduction.

When the clan Von Gryffon adopted orphans they were overjoyed. Every new addition to their clan was a blessing of untapped potential and they openly promoted the potential of being free individuals within the framework of the clan. The orphan’s legal guardian instructed them in flight, duty to the clan and defensive arts. The clan provided sport, friends and professional instructors, yet sometimes they studied foreign techniques.

Shameless Merchant Guild promotion for the annual aerobatics show drew an audience from every clan in a week's travelling distance and farther. The visiting Wonderbolts loved making new fans this far from Equestria and those fans thrilled at their maneuverability and coordination. One young Von Gryffon in particular was overjoyed when she got a group photograph signed by all three. She finally understood the trick to flying in formation and looked forward to teaching her entire clan.

Weeks later a wall-eyed mail mare arrived with a letter for the whole clan. A pony from Cloudsdale said their adopted orphan was her last living relative and was supposed to be living with her.

The elders of the entire clan listened to the letter being read out by the foal’s guardian and then roared in indignation. The stories of pony markings were terrifying and the idea that it was used to confine someone to a single role their entire life without a chance to change was horrific!

Acting decisively, her guardian asked two things of the elders. First he needed authority to speak for the whole clan and second he needed a Merchant Guild bounty on any trespassers into the canyons. Both were agreed to and while the clan trusted him, the guardian worried that his daughter would want to turn her back on everything he’d seen growing in her as a Von Gryffon.

The problem was, she was free to choose as an individual. Cloudsdale had attacked the one vulnerability his clan’s law allowed, and now he had no choice... he had to talk things out with the mare from Cloudsdale, this Maudlin Makeover.

-_==========_-

Like a statue Gunter Sab Saqr watched the mail mare depart and closed his eyes. He had defend his clan from mad cultists and had fought a whole war to do so, yet could he defend his daughter Patricia from her past? Taking off heavily, he did what griffons do when they feel down... he sang into the wind so nobody would hear:

“There was a girl... a very strange enchanted girl,
She wandered very far... very far... over clouds to me.
She was terrified, and sad of eye,
Yet very wise was she.
Because each day... each day she passes my way,
And we speak of many things,
Fools and kings,
Yet this she reminds me:
The greatest thing... you ever learn...
Is just to love,
And be loved... in return.”

Gunter sighed, resolving to settle this swiftly for his clan... and his adopted daughter, Patricia Sab Saqr who most knew as “Patty the Pegasus”.

-_==========_-

Coming next: Hope and hoofacures.

Author's Note:

Originally I wanted to do a Boston Legal parody, and Baltimare... just not enough of a reference to the show.
A.G.