• Published 10th May 2013
  • 386 Views, 7 Comments

Anomalous Materials - Codes and Ponies

  • ...
 7
 386

1: What happened?

May 19, 2009...
Black Mesa Research Facility...
Black Mesa, New Mexico, United States of America, North America, Earth...
There was a bright flash, then blackness. That was all Colette Green could remember, aside from an ominous noise before being knocked unconscious alongside her friends & business partners, Gina Cross & Richard Keller.
May 19, 2013...
Canterlot High-Priority Medical Treatment Hospital...
Canterlot, Equestria, Planet Equanus...
"Ugh...," said a Unicorn mare with a red pin-bun mane, blue eyes, & a sand-colored coat. She saw another Unicorn mare, this 1 with green eyes & a straight red mane (but still with a sand-colored coat), as well as a Pegasus stallion with a light yellow coat, a white mane, & blue eyes, regaining consciousness in the gurneys next to hers.

"Girls, you okay?" Asked the Pegasus stallion.

Just then, a Zebra mare wearing an outfit resembling a typical "Coma patient doctor" outfit, as well as a dark blue Alicorn mare, walked into the room these 3 ponies were in. The green-eyed unicorn mare instinctively readied herself for battle in a demented fashion, flailing about in an attempt to find a suitably threatening battle stance, but gave up upon realizing how difficult it is to do that when 1 is confined to a gurney. "Oh good, you're awake," said the Zebra mare. "We just want to ask you a few questions," remarked the Alicorn mare.

"However, allow me to introduce myself. I am Princess Luna. Call me Luna if you like. The Zebra next to me is Kinte. She is the doctor that was taking care of you while you were unconscious. Now, on to the questions. First off, what are your names?"

"Gina Cross," said the blue-eyed unicorn mare.
"Colette Green," said the green-eyed Unicorn mare.
"Richard Keller," answered the Pegasus stallion.

"Second, what was happening when you went unconscious?"

"Well," answered Richard, "we had just survived an alien invasion at a place called the Black Mesa Research Facility. We worked as theoretical physicists there. All we remember after that was a bright flash accompanied by a loud boom, than blackness. We just woke up right before you 2 came into this room just now. How long were we out?"

"4 years. You just materialized, unconscious, in a grass field on May 19, 2009. Today is May 19, 2013. We're shocked you were even able to regain consciousness after that long." Replied Kinte.

"Third, you materialized wearing some kind of electronic armor. Care to explain?" Asked Kinte.

"Well," said Colette, "those are Hazardous Environment Suits. They are essentially Hazardous Materials suits that were designed with hazardous environment combat situations in mind. When can we have ours back?"

"Well," said Luna, "the automated equipment in my laboratory back home is in the process of decontaminating yours. Judging by the amount of radioactive tainting on the suits, you 3 somehow survived being caught in a nuclear explosion."

"WHAT!?" yelled Gina. "That must have been the bright flash & boom: The nuclear explosion killed us 3, & we were transferred to this other world when we were being given a second chance. The equine bodies are because sentient equines are the dominant sapient/sentient species on this other world, so the forces of reincarnation (I can't think of a better way to put it) gave us these bodies to help us function better in this world. We were knocked unconscious due to cross-dimensional transformation trauma!"

"That explanation... Also explains both a) how the stallion made it here with you mares, when he should have been killed in the blast, & b) why the workplace employee identification cards I found in the storage wormholes of your suits depict you as humans, when humans are a myth on Equanus." Said Luna.

"This allows me to skip question 4, which regards the aforementioned documents. Question 5: Why were you carrying all those military grade weapons with you, when a scientist clearly should not have access to assault equipment like that? I mean, I saw complete authorization documents for both of you in regards to everything except the nests, but still."

"We got these armaments over the course of our fighting through the invasion we mentioned," said Gina.

"We received complete training with everything except the nests from the dedicated training facility at our workplace. Those nests are an alien weapon. Basically, they contain large bugs that function as homing acid grenades with a 20-second fuse. They repeatedly bite at their chosen victim before exploding. They also have a nasty habit of going after the nearest living thing to their point of landing after being thrown, meaning they will turn on their user if it is close enough. They also turn on their user anyway if their designated target dies before the bugs do. Besides, we were government scientists, so technically, it is perfectly legal for us to have those. Also, we would never use them on another member of our own kind except for the purpose of 'mercy killings', like infectees of a disease that can't be cured & is doing horrible things to their mind to the point that death would be a preferred fate over whatever the disease does".

"You may have your armaments back when I am done repairing them. The fallout clogged their systems & spoiled the ammunition. The nests were somehow unaffected. How your weapon papers are still legible is beyond me. You will also need to have the photos on your weapon licenses & identification cards altered to accompany the change of species. Speak with my older sister about that once you are well enough to leave the bed," Finished Luna as she left the room with her notes. As she flew back home (she ordered her chariot-pullers to take a break because she didn't want to intimidate the newcomers into doing something suicidal, or possibly endangering of other ponies), she used her iPhone to e-mail the information she got to her sister. This way, her sister would have time to read it over before they discussed it.

Back at the hospital, Kinte told the trio, "The princess is right. Your minds may be fully recovered, but your bodies are making up for having gone through a dangerously sudden spike in your life processes, judging by the readings of the medical equipment built into your beds. But first, have something to eat," & she called in for plates of food for the poor former scientists. After eating, Gina, Colette, & Richard pondered what lay ahead of them, & went to sleep.

Author's Note:

I know you may think I was too quick with Gina, Colette, & Richard figuring out how they got to Equestria, & that they would at least be hesitant at admitting that's exactly the case upon them finally figuring out how they did so, but honestly, would YOU retain any capability of disbelief after living through the Black Mesa Incident?