• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 1,341 Views, 21 Comments

The One Thing You Allways Find - Sirixich



A story about how no matter where you are you can always find friends

  • ...
4
 21
 1,341

Darkness fades, Light Crumbles.

CHAPTER 7: Darkness Fades, Light Cumbles


Robin was fatigued. This thing knew dodging like a second language! It lazily flowed left and right, dodging any and all attacks. Never once did it strike him though. It's trying to get me tired, I have to conserve my energy. Robin slowed, he jabbed, feinted, followed the scarecrow left and right. It was a dance, a dance of battle, dodges, jabs, misses, this went for what felt like hours to Robin, finally he expected the next feint, he understood the monster, with a side swing his sword had cut the side of the Scarecrow. It was a light cut, barely going through the leathery fabric. The scarecrow stopped and stared at where he cut.

"So, you really can fight? Let's make this interesting then." The grin had become wider, nearly stretching behind its sack head. Without a second thought its arms shot out from its sides, Robin could only barely dodge as the blades gashed his side. The scarecrow brought back the claws, blood on its claws was visible, it stuck a claw into the smile.

"Mmmm, the blood of light is different than others. It tastes... Innocent, sweet, and so much more delectable."

"Get out of Equestria you disgusting, ugly, freak!" Robin attempted a cut to the side, only to miss and have it spin behind him.

"Oooh, did wall forget the dance?" Before Robin could turn around one of the scarecrows legs came straight up, kicking Robin to the ground. The scarecrow jumped up and collided with the center of Robins back, its heels digging into Robin.

"Tsk, tsk. I was hoping the wall of light would stand to see the end." Robin felt the heels dig into his back, he grimaced then finally let out a scream as the heels let out a blade, puncturing his skin, he felt the warm blood across his back. The scarecrow bent down and lifted Robins head. Robin saw the gang, they were fighting to the end!They all had nicks and bruises, but they were okay! In the name of Celestia, don't stop fighting! It doesn't matter what happens to me. I'm a visitor to this world, but you live here! Don't stop! Not for anything!

The scarecrow let go of Robins head, it stood as straight as a tree. The scarecrow brought its arms straight in front of it, claws dangling down like little, horrifying charms. The grin was now all the way to the back of his head, each end of his mouth slightly touching on the back of his head.

"And now, wall of light. Defender of this world. Crumble, and see the world and universe swallowed in my eternal darkness." A loud impaling ring bursted through the air. All the ponies looked back to Robin, even the monsters stopped and stared. A dark blue mare, had impaled her horn into the chest of the scarecrow. Robin could slightly see her tail dangling down, he knew it was Luna! His strength and confidence returned, his greatest friend, was here at his side to defend everything they knew to the very end. He grabbed his dagger and held it backhand, he swung his arm up, stabbing the dagger into the scarecrows side.

"Screw you! Your darkness has no place here!" As he finished this, Luna let off a magical blast, her horn still inside the scarecrow! The bag of hay went sailing across the town square and collided with a nearby house. When it collapsed on the ground it started to twitch, convulse, and have what appeared to be a seizure. As this continued, it slowly started to stand up, blood was visibly pouring from the dagger and horn wound.

"The wall of light shall crumble, the wall of light shall crumble. All who side with the wall shall die and fall under its heavy bricks, THE WALL SHALL CRUMBLE!!" As it shouted each statement, its limbs started to stretch, the baggy rags were now ripped and stretched on the ever growing scarecrow, after it finished transforming, it stood almost as tall as the house it collided with! Muscle, tendon, and bone were visible from where the rags could not cover. Its entire being was dripping with blood.

Luna was finally in a rage. "How dare you harm my friend!" She took off and charged the scarecrow, he was expecting this with a hand lowered, ready to grab her. Robin saw this and raised his hand to try and stop her to no success.

"LUNA NO!!" The monster grabbed Luna by the stomach and threw her on the ground in front of it, the monster picked her back up and threw her across the square back to where Robin laid, she collided with a support beam. A loud recognizable crack filled the air as Luna fell to the ground, one of her wings were in a completely off position. The monster with a few easy steps, made his way over to her limp form. it raised one of its mangled claws high into the air.

"And now, The wall of light shall suffer, as the first blockade is shattered!"

Robin shut his eyes tight, he didn't want to see her die. He didn't want any of this Dear Celestia, why me?. Robin opened an eye and could see the hand coming down, shooting straight for Luna No! I can't let him do this. I have to get up! He slowly tried to get up, the pain unbearable, his back was a scorching throbbing mess! He thought he might faint. When he saw a light. a beautiful light from the stars. The light started to spin and morph into many colors. The lights comforted him, he knew everything was right. This light slowly filled the area, no one else seemed to notice it. As Robin looked around, he noticed everyone was frozen in place What is this light? What truly is it? As this question came to him a feminine voice gracefully echoed through the square. The colors vibrating with each syllable.

"This is not what will be, dear human, she is not the one to die."

"It's me, isn't it?"

"Yes. I am sorry you must end it like this."

Robin let a tear fall down his cheek as he remembered what he said on that second hike up the mountain.

"Even if our thread were to be pulled out, who would notice?"

The voice went silent, but slowly answered "The universe."

Finally the claw struck down. A deep, sickening noise rang out. Luna was staring into the face of Robin! She looked down to see the claws go straight through his stomach, nearly touching her. Luna looked back up into Robins eyes, a brilliant light shown from them.

"Robin, please don't end it like this." He brought up a comforting smile, he lifted his hand to her cheek. Robin let a thumb trail from her cheek, to ear and back. Robin slowly pulled against the hand toward Luna, he leaned forward and whispered in her ear.


"Hello, my name is Christopher Tailer Gilland, and it is a honor to make your friendship, Luna." The monster finally tugged Robin up and brought him into the air. Dangling him like a skewered pig.

"Any final words wall of light? Before your blood is mine?"

The smile on Robins face became a full feature, his eyes purely glowed, his face beamed with a celestial light!

"All life on this earth is but a tiny thread." From Robins back protruded several arms made of pure magic, these arms glowed with the light of an entire galaxy! Two of the biggest limbs pulled Robin off the claws.

"Upon the tapestry known as the universe." Another limb brought forth a sphere made of complete magic and light! The sphere was forced into the Scarecrows chest, immediately he started to char and burn.

Even if our thread were to be pulled." Other arms with celestial weapons charged the monster, slicing limbs, stabbing muscle, impaling him to the where the statue of Celestia once stood.

"Who would notice?Who would see our grand empires? Our great rulers? Our great machines? Who would see their love, passion, songs, music? The answer is no one. But I have learned something." Robin leaned close to the bloody and horrified face of the Scarecrow, still holding a grin. "I learned, that no matter where you go, no matter what you do. There is something that notices. Not a being, not a god, not a king, not a peasant. Something is what sees you do either harm, or pleasure, or help to the universe. Because you know what? It is the universe. Goodbye, Scarecrow, go scare another flock of crows." With these parting words the magical sphere inside the scarecrow exploded! Sending Robin flying back, he landed next to Luna. The weather started to rain, but the remains of the scarecrow continued to burn. All the ponies who were turned into monsters slowly returned to a more living form, but it took its time. All the group that had been with Robin rushed over to him.

"Robin! No you can't go away, not yet!" Twilight sniffed and started to cry, she looked down at his wound, he was bleeding from the stomach and side, his hand was all that kept his organs from spilling out onto the floor. She knew he wasn't going to make it.

"Robin, please don't you still have so much potential!" Fluttershy started to cry and whimper, like an innocent pup.

"Nah, this just ain't right, it ain't fair! You should get to stay a little longer at least." Applejack sat down, the tears streamed down her face.

Robin finally sputtered, he looked to each one of them and smiled. "You all taught me so much this past month or so. You taught me how to care, you taught me how to smile, you taught me how to be brave. Most of all, you taught me something very important." He looked over at Luna who was just staring at him, there eyes met, he saw the tears, the strain, and the grief his death would cause her. He felt so sorry but this was what came to be, he finally spoke a few more words.

"You Luna, you taught me this very important thing." He leaned a little closer and whispered into her ear, her eyes finally filled with tears and she let them drain down the side of her face, she didn't want him to go! She learned just as much about happiness as he did! Why did the future have to be cruel? Robin leaned back, he looked at all of them, gave one last nod. With his final breath he whispered.

"I hope, that when I'm gone. You all can still carry the happiness and courage to smile and continue on. Goodbye my little ponies..." Robin slowly closed his eyes, his face seemed calm and quiet. His head went limp and the others all stared for a minute. Finally, Luna shakily stood up put a ear on his chest. "Robin? Robin?" No response came from the body laying before them, they all stood there for awhile, grieving there friend. As they started to grieve, the rain stopped, the clouds parted. And the most beautiful and clearest rainbow shone through the sky, over Ponyville that very same day.