• Published 12th May 2013
  • 1,715 Views, 33 Comments

War in Equestria: Eclipse and Dawn - Akasuna no Sasori

  • ...
9
 33
 1,715

Chapter 8:The Final Preparations Are Made

Chapter 8: The Final Preparations Are Made

I awoke the next morning lying next to the table. I must have fallen asleep while I was drinking my tea.

I stood up and looked around at the sleeping bags on the floor. They were all filled, which means everyone got back, including Nagato and Konan.

I started to walk out, when a hand was placed on my shoulder.

“Going somewhere?”

“Just out to the dock, Obito sir.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that, I suppose. But before you go, know that this is our last day in this wretched land.”

“You mean we’re going to end the war today?!”

“That would be correct. The support of the dragons and the rest of our allies will assure our victory.”

I looked blankly at Obito. “What’s the plan, sir?”

“I hoped you would ask.”

He walked back to the table and showed me a plan he had made.

“As it would turn out, the ponies haven’t left Canterlot like I thought they would. Instead, they’re using the destroyed city as a base of operations. I don’t understand how we could’ve been so blind to this obvious trickery, but we were.”

Obito looked up at me. “I want you to take command of a small brigade of Diamond Dogs and weaken the support under the city itself: the mountain it rests on.”

“What?! Sir, you can’t be serious! We would be killing innocent ponies that want no part in this war!”

Obito glared at me. “I don’t think you understand the position you are in. You see, I am the leader of this organization. You are my inferior, and disobeying me leads to undesirable consequences. Do you really want to take this path?”

“No sir; of course not. It’s just...”

“Just what?”

“Nothing sir. Tell me when, and the Diamond Dogs will take out the base of the mountain.”

Obito laughed. “I like your change in attitude. Now go to the mountain and await the Diamond Dogs’ arrival.”

“Yes sir!”

I ran out the door as fast as I could then proceeded towards the mountain.

- - - - -

“Wake up, everyone!”

Obito stomped around the room, trying to wake the other Akatsuki members from their deep sleep.

“We have no time to waste! Get up, now!”

Deidara sat up rubbing his eyes. “What’s the big idea, boss man? What’s going on?”

“Get up and get dressed first, then I will explain.”

The others shortly stood up, stretched, and got dressed. They walked over to the table where Obito’s plan for the final battle lay.

“This task is quite simple: we end the war.”

“What?! You think we can end the war this quickly?!” Said Sasori.

“Yes, I do, now pay attention. The rest of you will move as one team with the rest of our allies towards Canterlot when it’s on the ground.”

Everyone’s surprised faces alerted Obito to explain.

“Rokuro has been sent ahead with a group of Diamond Dogs to tunnel through the base of the mountain the city rests on. When the mountain loses its’ base support, the city will fall to the ground; at which point, the entire army will await Deidara while he destroys the walls surrounding the city. This will allow a much wider swath of troops to move into the city at once. Once inside, we will slaughter all who stand in our way, then capture the remaining leaders of this pitiful land. Any questions?”

“I have one,” said Itachi, “are we supposed to kill the civilians in the city, as well? Even if they get in our way, can’t we just ignore them?”

“Good question Itachi and I have an answer for you. You will kill ANYONE that is hindering your way. Both intentionally, or unintentionally. It’s possible we will be trapped here forever, in which case, I would like to take over as ruler of this land. If I am to do that, the ponies must fear me properly.”

Itachi looked away. “Of course, I understand.”

“Well, if there aren’t anymore questions....?”

No one said a word.

“Then move out! There is a small forest on the outskirts of the town where you can stay hidden until the rest of our allies arrive. I recommend you use it.”

“Right!”

The remaining Akatsuki members ran through the door, then hopped on Deidara’s owl. They flew away from the hut; leaving Obito alone.

Obito watched them fly away, then walked to the back of the hut and into a cluster of trees a short distance away. Inside lay a sleeping dragon!

“Gramzon!”

The dragon opened its’ eyes and began to communicate with Obito. Since dragons have beak-like mouths similar to that of a bird, they are incapable of vocal speech. Instead, they communicate telepathically.

‘What is it?’

“I need you to get Ashkoort and alert the rest of the forces. That time has come to eliminate the ponies!”

‘Hmph, it’s about time. I’ll be back shortly.’

The giant dragon flew into the air; creating massive gusts as it did, before flying away from Obito.

“I suppose it’s time for me to get into position, as well. KAMUI!”

Obito vanished from the forest, leaving no trace of his ever being there.

- - - - -

“How did you beat me here?” I said as I approached the base of the mountain.

The Diamond Dogs were already there! Strange, since Obito told me that I would be waiting for the Diamond Dogs to arrive.

“We were just faster, that’s all! Now give us Obito’s orders! He said you would tell us what to do!” Said Rover.

‘What? This doesn’t make any sense,’ I thought, ‘how did they know that I was acting as the messenger for Obito’s orders?’

“You are to tunnel through the base of the mountain. Keep digging away at the rock until the mountain and city collapse! Those are your orders!”

“We’re on it!” Said the Diamond Dogs.

They ran towards the mountain and started digging. It didn’t take but a couple of minutes for them to dig out almost 10 feet of rock!

“This shouldn’t take long.” I said as I flopped onto the grass and closed my eyes to take a nap.

- - - - -

CRASH!

“Wha- what’s going on?”

I awoke to see the mountain behind me begin to collapse. The Diamond Dogs had one it!

The mountain came down, carrying the city with it. It slammed into the ground, and the city was stuck in the dirt.

“Excellent work, Diamond Dogs!”

“No biggie! Anything for Mr. Obito!”

The dogs all laughed then ran towards the forest where the rest of the army was supposed to be positioned.

“This is it.” I said as I stood up. “This is the final battle to be fought. Much blood will be spilled by both sides, but this should end it. The war will end with the Rising Dawn victorious!”

- - - - -

“What was that?!” Said Celestia.

“Your highness! The mountain has collapsed and taken the city with it! We are on the ground now!” Said a soldier.

“Impossible! How could this happen?”

Celestia walked to a window and looked out to see the grass swaying in the wind only a few feet away! It was true!

“I’m sure the rest of the guard are alerted to what’s happened, so tell them to assemble with the rest of our infantry! Crystal ponies, buffalo, minotaur and ponies will fight as one to defend freedom in Equestria!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

The soldier ran outside, leaving Celestia alone in her chambers.

“The regular army doesn’t stand a chance against what lays outside the walls. The Akatsuki would’ try something like this unless they could back up such a threat.There MUST be a large army outside, just waiting to rush us.”

Celestia sighed and walked towards a golden cabinet in the corner. She opened it to reveal a set of shining, golden armor. She donned it, then looked at herself in a mirror on the door of the cabinet.

Next, she removed a golden sword from the cabinet and held it in front of her.

“The Solar Flare; I never thought I would use this again. But I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.”

She waved the sword in front of her, then flew onto the roof of the destroyed Throne Room.

She watched as Deidara flew in on his owl, and dropped explosive snakes onto the walls of the city. They blew up; destroying the walls and leaving a gaping hole.

What Celestia saw next made her grimace, but for some reason, she smiled.

The army had come walked out of the forest, already in formation. The griffons formed a spear wall in front, followed by the Changelings wield swords and shields. The Diamond Dogs flanked the whole formation. Behind the main column stood the Akatsuki.

“The time has come! A great battle between me and the infamous Akatsuki! I look forward to spitting you upon my blade, Akatsuki scum!”

Celestia took a battle pose, sword hovering in front of her.

“So go ahead! Attack us now!”