• Published 8th May 2013
  • 295 Views, 7 Comments

A Blank Flank's Heart - ShadowVoltstreaker



This is a story of my life in Applewood (Hollywood). If you don't want to hear it.. then I understand. I mean, who wants to hear a 17yr old colt blab about his life anyways? but, If you do want to hear it.. then prepare to have your breath taken

  • ...
 7
 295

Date with an Angel

I land outside of the café and speed inside. The bell above the door made the same lovely ringing.. and it did it again… and again.. and again.. and aga— "Make that bell ring once more and it's going down your throat." The Café owner told me.

The Café was set up in a simple yet appealing way. The floors were tiled white, save for a few blue tiles, the walls were a cream color, and the ceiling had two fans, one over the bar area, and another over the booths. In total, there were 5 bar stools, and 6 booths. The booths were on the right wall, while the bar and bar stools were on the left.

I quickly stopped and gave a "yes Ma'am, so sorry Ma'am" to her.

I heard a giggle from one of the booths and I made my way over to where the sound came from and saw her sitting there.. the mare that I asked out.

Lucinda.

She was a Pegasus with a beautiful green coat and a soft flowing light blue mane that slightly covered her eye. At present, she was giggling and had her eyes closed and a hoof over her mouth.. but as soon as she was done, she opened her eyes and dazzled me with her sparkling green eyes.

My heart skipped a beat.. and I began feeling nervous "What were you thinking asking somepony like this out?!"

"You know…" she spoke up, "you don't have to stand, you can take a seat." She said with a calming smile.

I snapped out of my trance and awkwardly said, "Y-yeah, sorry about that." I took a seat across from her, then began to freak out in my head. "Abort mission! Abort mission! Target is beautiful! I repeat, target is beautiful!"

"So Vague… what do you do for a living?" she asked me.

I blinked twice and started to say, "Oh I'm a come—" but quickly stopped myself and gave her my back up job, "Oh I'm an assistant manager for singers." I said with an awkward smile.

"That must be wonderful!" she said quite loud.

"Y-yes it is.. in fact, at The Shady Oak in town, one of the ponies I work with should be singing any moment now."

"Oh really? Then wouldn't she want you to be there to support her?" she asked with a questioning look.

"Well, after all the begging I gave her to come out on this date with you, I think that she'd much rather me be here." I chuckled.

She looked like she was thinking, "What's her name?"

"Melody." I answered with a smile.

She slammed her hooves on the table, stood up, and shouted, "You mean the Melody?! You're her manager?!"

The Café owner shot us a glare, and she sat down.

I was shocked but I simply nodded, "Yes. Have you heard of her?"

"Of course I have!" she said in a loud whisper, "I once heard her sing at The Shady Oak, her voice is so beautiful! I can't believe that you're her manager."

I gave a slight frown. I had no idea that Melody was well known.. looks like I hid one identity just to be found with another.. once again universe, you suck.

"Oh I didn't mean it like that!" she quickly said.

I guess she took my frown the wrong way, "Yeah I know, I know. Now, would you tell me about yourself?" I said to try and shift the conversation in another direction.

She sighed and said, "Sure thing. But before that, can we order something? I'd love to get something to eat and drink." she smiled wide.

"Dying of cuteness now! Quickly! Vacate the premises!"

Brain? Stop it and grow a pair.

"Sure thing." I waved the café owner over, and when she finally got to our table sporting a pen in her mouth and a notepad I said, "May I have a glass of strawberry milk and a daisy sandwich?"

She wrote it down and turned to Lucinda who immediately shouted, "Hot chocolate with whipped cream and extra marshmallows!"

Now it was my turn to laugh and be surprised, "Quite a sweet tooth you got there Lucinda."

She blushed.. "D'aww attack is imminent, I repeat D'aww attack is imminent!"

One more time brain.. and you and me are going to have a battle.

The Café owner put the pen in the rings of the notepad and said, in a tone unlike the one I experienced earlier, "I'll have your order out in a jiffy!" then trotted away into the kitchen.

I blink twice, unable to comprehend what I just witnessed, then turn back to Lucinda, "So, about yourself?"

She smiled and thought, "Oh! I'm a Script Supervisor."

"Wow, I've always wanted to be in a play.. but I'm not sure I could stop laughing and be serious for long." I chuckle. It wasn't a lie, there aren't many times where I wasn't smiling or laughing in some way.

Except when I talk about my…

"All it takes is practice, I've been in a few myself and of course, written a few. And I think that I'm pretty goofy myself." She giggled.

"From what I can see you have more of a… bubbly personality. And I find it very interesting." I smiled.

The owner then came out and handed us a tray with our orders on them, then handed them to us and said, "If you need anything else, just ask." Then left.

For a while we talked and ate, she asked how it was to work with someone like Melody, and I asked if I could see one of her scripts sometime.

Time went by pretty fast…

We walked out of the Café after I paid the 25 bits. Lucinda wanted to pay for her own meal, but I told her to "Let me do something manly tonight." And after a little more protest, she finally agreed.

"I had a fun time with you Vague, and I wouldn't mind doing this again sometime." She smiled.

"Likewise. Oh, where do you live? I'll take you home." I offered.

"Nope. Since you didn't let me pay I'll be flying home alone." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Aww man.. curse you my need to be manly!" I shook my hoof in the air.

She laughed and walked away, "See ya later." She spread her wings, and took to the skies, leaving me standing outside the Café.

I stretched my wings, "Welp, the night is still young… better go check on Melody." With that, I took off in the direction of The Shady Oak.

I may be 17, but I know the pony who owns the bar, and I also know a few of the singers there.

V.I.P Access baby.