• Published 5th May 2013
  • 561 Views, 6 Comments

More Than I Could Ever Dream Of - PegasisterStrobelight



I'm Allyson. This is the story of how I went to Equestria.

  • ...
5
 6
 561

Prologue

PROLOGUE
“Goodnight!” I yelled as I switched off the main light and turned on my little seashell nightlight.

“Night, Sweetie!” called my mom from the room over. I had just plugged my phone into its charger when I flopped down onto my short, grey futon.

Sigh.

Every day was the same old routine: Wake up at 7, put on uniform, go to school, either ride the bus home and get home at 4 or go to volleyball and get home at 7, do hours of homework, watch TV, read, shower, set out clothes for tomorrow, and repeat. Life just seemed like a chore, always boring and always dark.

Well, not always.

One of the few things that brought me happiness was the ponies. My ponies. I loved them so much. Whenever I had the chance, I would watch a few of the many recorded reruns of the show on my TV, or I would grab my laptop and read a few fan-fictions, or I would even grab my coloring supplies and draw OC ponies. I never did understand how people couldn’t love the show, but that’s not important.

My name is Allyson, but most call me Ally. I’m 16, I am quite short for my age, and I have light brown hair. My eyes are bright blue and I’ve been told on numerous occasions how pretty they are, so I’ve come to believe it must be true. I’m very outgoing, I have many friends, I love volleyball, I’m pretty smart, and I love God. I mean, I do go to a private school and to church every Sunday.

I leaned forward and grabbed my wet hair to pull it to the side as I lay thinking in the dark room. I closed my eyes and thought about my usual dream: becoming a pony and living in Equestria. Obviously I knew it would never happen, but it doesn’t ever hurt to dream or to hope does it?

I’ve always had a very decent life. I grew up going to a public school, my dad was never unemployed like most people in the U.S., and even if I never got the brand new phone or clothes or upgrade as soon as they came out, I had a lot, and I was privileged. I was loved by many- I had a huge family, so many friends, and I always tried to be kind to strangers.
The thing was this though-
I have anxiety disorder, very low self-esteem, and, in the 6th grade, a growing depression I never told anybody about (well except for my mom, but that came later, in the 8th grade when it got too tiring to handle anymore). I wore a fake smile every day of my life. I would cry myself to sleep at night after I was sure my sister fell asleep (this was when we shared a room). Then I would think about how good my life was, and about how I didn’t have the right to be sad, and these thoughts would make me cry harder. Just some background.

A tear slipped from the corner of my eye as I thought back to my middle school years. I thought back to how much I hated the people- internally, of course. I always smiled on the outside. They were just all bullies, and even though to them it was all in good fun, it still hurt me. That’s why I switched schools when high school came. I couldn’t handle it anymore.

Woah, woah. Calm down now puss-pants, I thought. No need to get worked up. Everything is better now, remember?

I turned so I was now laying on my side facing my purple and neon green wall as I remembered. Then came the ponies. At the end of 8th grade, while babysitting my neighbor's little 2 year old, I saw that they had made My Little Pony into a show, and that I had the channel they aired it on. From that day on, the Saturdays belonged to me, and the laughing belonged to my family. Yeah, they knew, and I didn’t mind. I am very close to my family after all, and they would have found out sooner or later.

Sigh.

I decided that anymore thinking would be bad considering how few hours of sleep I would be getting already. So I fell asleep thinking of my favorite things instead.

Author's Note:

I know it's unoriginal, but this is just a story for me to warm up my writing.
Anyway, this story is about me, but I did change some things around.
I'm also trying to make the story as original as possible.
Thanks a ton to MasterHunter55 for helping me out with the story!
Hope you enjoy. :)