• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 771 Views, 2 Comments

Sweetie Belle and the Pixie - UnidentifiedFlyinPegasus



When Sweetie Belle meets a strange mystical pixie, she has no idea what will entail. But when she starts doing magic and acting strangely, her friends and sister start to get worried. Will Sweetie Belle ever be the same?

  • ...
2
 2
 771

Chapter 6

Sweetie Belle trotted through the door to Rarity's boutique to find none other than Rarity herself waiting for her.

"Where have you been?" Rarity demanded.

"Playing with my friends." Sweetie Belle responded cooly.

"I don't suppose you've been doing magic?" Rarity asked.

"So what if I have been?" Sweetie Belle said bluntly. "It's not against the law for a unicorn to do magic, is it?"

Rarity narrowed her eyes. "No." she said. "But it's very unusual for one your age to be able to levitate a dog."

"How did you-"

"Oh please dear. AppleJack told me." Rarity rolled her eyes.

"Why does it even matter?" Sweetie Belle said. "Not jealous, are you?"

Rarity gasped. "Sweetie Belle! This is terribly unlike you!"

"No!" Sweetie Belle yelled. "It's just like me!" She could hear Forest whispering something in her ear, and for the first time, she understood her. Ruin the dresses. That'll teach her.

Sweetie Belle concentrated, focusing on a pain can on one of the shelves. It rose into the air.

"What are you- stop that!" Rarity cried. "Stop it right now or I'll-"

"Or you'll what?" Sweetie Belle grinned menacingly. "Tell mommy on me?" The pain can floated to the middle of the room.

"No!" Rarity said. "Please!"

Sweetie Belle stamped her hoof, and the paint can exploded. It burst in a wave of purple, splattering paint on everything in the room, except for Rarity and Sweetie Belle.

Rarity ran to her paint-ruined dresses, tears pooling in her eyes. "How could you?" she bawled.

Sweetie Belle took a step back. What had she done? "I-I'm..." She looked around the room. Rarity's hard work, her fabric, all stained and ruined. She ran up the stairs and to her room, leaving a sobbing Rarity behind.

"We need to talk." Sweetie Belle said to Forest, bending her head so that the pixie could hop onto the table. "That wasn't very nice."

No, the pixie snickered. It wasn't. But that explosion was very powerful. I wonder what we could do if-

"No!" Sweetie Belle said. "I didn't want to hurt anyone! I just wanted to do magic!"

And we did magic. But I want to do more.

Sweetie Belle glared at the pixie. "I don't want to do magic if it hurts people. Maybe you should go back to the forest, Forest."

The pixie flapped its wings, hovering in front of her. You sure you want me to leave?

One of Rarity's sobs echoed in Sweetie Belle's ears, striking her to the core. "Yes." She said firmly.

The pixie snapped it's tiny fingers, and Sweetie Belle fell to the ground, as if all of her strength had been drained from her. She remembered Zecora's words: The pixie will get angry if it loses a friend.

All of the sudden, the light darkened in Sweetie Belle's room. She strained to glance out the window; there, hundreds of pixies had congregated, blocking out the sunlight.

Forest let out a tiny, high-pitched scream, and underwent a shocking transformation. Her green skin turned black, and her eyes glowed red. Outside the window, the other pixies all did the same thing.

Sweetie Belle could only stare in horror as the pixies opened her window and swarmed inside. Her eyes widened when she saw, floating in after them, an unconscious pony: Twilight!

Sweetie Belle tried to scream but no sound came out. The pixie had drained all of her energy.

Almost as if sensing her thoughts, Forest glared down at her, grinning. She was slightly darker than the rest of the pixies and her eyes glowed a brighter red.

We're not pixies anymore. Forest said, her voice now low and menacing. We are dark sprites. The other dark sprites murmured in agreement.

And you are our prisoners.