• Published 28th Apr 2013
  • 446 Views, 5 Comments

Taking care of myself - Rio362



Sometimes hope shows up in a very tiny package and when it blooms you'll understand truly why it gives you hope.

  • ...
3
 5
 446

Chapter 4

I woke up the next day with a not so happy attitude because I had work again.

“Ugh again with the working and the sweeping and the orders bleh.”

I got up sluggishly with the little colt still sleeping next to me comfortably.

“oh sure you can just sleep away the day can’t you? lucky.”

I smiled however when I looked at him sleeping there carefree. I nuzzled him as well and a smile appeared on his face after the affection was given.

“Love you little guy. sleep well.”

Before I left I gave him a little kiss on his cheek and made my way out the door after having breakfast.

Once I got into the kitchen I was greeted by Mike Tagg my boss and Nick Chios my friend and co-worker.

“Hey Rio.” Mike said.

“JALAPENO ON A STICK. how’s it going buddy?”

“Heh hey guys i’m good how are ya both?”

“Living the dream everyday bro. You look tired man whats up? didn’t you sleep well last night?” Nick asked.

“Oh no I slept fine actually better then usual maybe I just slept so well that I just didn’t want to get up. anyway what are we looking at today boys?”

Tagg spoke up in his usual energetic tone. “Yo dawg me and nick killed the prep list bro we only got two things left.” As usual he made me chuckle and for some reason I fed off his energy so I got ready for work but was a lot more awake.

I can’t really explain why I get more energy whenever I work with Mike Tagg. I think its just because since he was the one who hired me back I have to prove myself to him and the rest of the kitchen so I get this boost of self drive to make myself a better faster cook.

The three and a half hours that I was working there for seemed to pass by like it was only a few minutes. I went for food after work as usual and Alix who is Mike Tagg’s girlfriend was sitting in her usual spot and since I had gotten to know her and made close friends with her I came around to calling her sis.

She didn’t seem to mind it at all and I told her why too. I grew very attached to her and Mike Tagg like they were family I care about them a lot and they know it.

After I was finished and paid my bill I made my way home saying my farewells to everyone before my next day of work.

There was no sun today which I actually liked to be honest. I loved this kind of weather outside where the clouds are covering the sky and its only a little bit chilly. I’m not emo or anything its just that it makes me feel like no matter what time of day it is it still looks like I just woke up and and it’s early in the morning.

I just like feeling like I still have a lot of the day left to do whatever I want ya know. When I finally arrived into my apartment I found that the couch was missing its cushion and there were a lot of blankets covering my living room.

“Jr you in here?” the whole living room was now a fort.

“Huh you have been pretty busy haven’t you?”

Jr cam out of the fort and nodded. He then motioned me to come into the fort with him.

I made my way into the fort following him and at the center of it he had his lava lamp sitting there in the middle of it.

“not bad Jr not bad at all.”

He was standing tall and beaming with pride after I said that.

“Ah so you think your something special uh?”

I gently toppled him to the ground by nudging his little body and I began to tickle him playfully. After a few minutes of tickling torturing his belly I stopped and nuzzled his little nose.

“I think your very special Jr and I’m very proud of you. I love you little buddy.”

I know he understood what I was saying because he licked my nose cutely and gave me a big hug. When I hugged him back I could feel tears finding their way down along my face landing on Jr’s nose and mane. I could feel myself holding on to him tighter and tighter.

The trembling that I had felt before turned into full blown fear. I was truly scared of losing him.

Lil Rio noticed this and looked up at me also with tears in his eyes.

“Why are you crying buddy?… Whats wrong?”

He pointed at my eyes with his hooves showing that since I was crying something must be bothering me and that made him cry too. I wiped the tears from his eyes and he wiped the tears from my eyes with his nose. we held each other close that night and didn’t let go in fear of losing each other. I hadn’t felt a fear like this in a long time. That night I held my little pony so close to me as if protecting him from monsters trying to take him away.

I felt love. Love that only a parent can give except I was giving this little pony wrapped in my arms all the love I had to give in this world. I truly loved this little pony like he was my son. Is this what it feels like to be a parent. If so I both loved it and hated it. I hated it because if I ever lost my little pony I don’t know what I’d do. On the other hand I loved it because this little pony that I held so near and dear to my heart has given me reason to live on and take care of myself. Just as well he was counting on me to protect him, love him, and nurture him for the rest of his life and I am more than happy to do so.

When I woke up the next day I had prepared a big surprise for Lil Rio. I had made breakfast and prepared a picnic basket for lunch later in the afternoon. Jr likes to sleep in so I always let him wake up whenever he’s ready. As soon as he did I scooped him up and nuzzled him sweetly and brought him his breakfast which he enjoyed thoroughly His breakfast consisted of two mini muffins, chocolate milk, and some oats that I bought from the store close by my apartment building early in the morning.

He’s grown his teeth in recently so I could hear his little teeth munching away happily at the oats. ever since our first breakfast I have been putting a place for him to sit at the table next to me. Although the chairs are not high enough for him to sit down and be able to reach his food. So what I did was I just let him sit on the table and eat his food like that till he grows up a little more not that I mind one bit mainly because I find it cute that he just lays there and munches away.

Plus I can just reach over anytime I want and give him a pat while I’m eating my food too. After we were both done eating and cleaning up we sneakily made our way down the stairs of my apartment building and hopped in my car. I knew a park that no one really goes to anymore and I knew the place had a nice stream nearby and so I figured why not. I brought a few towels and my trunks in case we wanted to go swimming in the stream.

The weather has gotten warmer so my apartment has gotten pretty hot on the inside so thought why not cool off if we wanted in a nice cool water stream. I had also brought along a little yellow hacky sack and a soccer ball to have some fun with. This was going to be our day of fun and relaxation.

Just as I suspected there was no one at our secret spot and so our day of fun had begun. Lil Rio was still extremely fast and it was pretty hard for me to get the ball away from him when we started playing keep away. Then when we actually started playing soccer and he would kick the ball so hard that I had to go for a five minute run just to find the ball not that I minded. Of course we had fun trying to find it because that’s just how I and he had started to look at most things. Positive, fun, and enjoyable.

Author's Note:

Enjoy ^_^