Adventures - AU 776 members · 1,445 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Just plugging my story for anyone interested.

(Artwork by Jaaaaaaaz)

The Country of Roses is both an alternative universe story and a universal crossover, blending Friendship is Magic with aspects of Stephen King's The Dark Tower, an eight-book series in which the last of an ancient order of knightly gunslingers sets out to discover the truth at the top of the titular Tower in a quest that might not only decide the fate of his own world, but that of all worlds.

In a re-telling of the first two episodes, Equestria is caught in the middle of a stalemate between the good magick of the White, represented by the benevolent Princess Celestia, and the evil magick of the Red, embodied by the maniacal entity known as the Crimson King and his sorcerous ally, the black alicorn. Both sides are looking for the one thing that could tip the balance in their favour and allow them to gain an advantage in the conflict. The story features a new incarnation of Equestria's six guardians, and pits them against not just the return of Nightmare Moon, but also more earthly but no less deadly threats from within Ponyville and the depths of the Everfree Forest.

And the Tower is closer...

The story is planned to be told in two acts or "Parts." Currently, Part One is nine chapters long.

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

I've seen your fic, and I do have to say that it looks awesome. Ice never read the Dark Tower books, but I'm thinking I will sometime soon, because it definitely looks good. Can't wait to see more! :twilightsmile:

Thanks. I hope you'll continue to read and enjoy my work. I should make a point of mentioning that you do not need to have prior knowledge of the Tower books in order to follow and understand my story.

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

Yeah, I thought as much, but Randall Flagg is too great a character to not read about.

2558955 Can't argue with that. :rainbowlaugh:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7