Vinyl Scratch/Octavia 1,523 members · 643 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So I got this idea from a piece of fanart I saw once (that I can't find again unfortunately) that depicted Vinyl Scratch both as herself (without the glasses) and as DJ-Pon3 (with the glasses). Vinyl was shown to be calm and docile while DJ-Pon3 was a wild and crazy party animal.

The concept intrigued me. Not just because it mixed Fanon!Vinyl with Canon!Vinyl, but because Vinyl stretching her personality into two extreme depths would give a whole new aspect to her character.

What do you guys think?

4899120 Yeah that is a fascinating idea alright. Also I think it's probably as close to the "real" Vinyl as it gets. I mean really think about, on stage she needs to be this wild and energetic mare, well that's her stage persona. At home however she is quiet and thoughtful and even helpful. Actors aren't always the only ones to wear "masks" on stage. Nope sometimes musicians wear them on stage too.

I kind of did that a bit in my story Parties, Preening and PTSD. Vinyl only takes off her shades and shows her true personality when she's alone with Octavia, or occasionally when she's alone with the kid next door.

I was kind of inspired by the use of gloves in Disney's Frozen. Two characters — Elsa and Hans — only really show their true personalities when their gloves are off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3