Action Stories 650 members · 1,438 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm somewhat new to the fandom but I know there's some sore spots over portrayals of Celestia and depicting her in a negative light. With that said, I would like story recommendations where Twilight and Celestia are on opposite sides of an ideological conflict or where the Mane6 end up fighting Celestia in a civil war or clash in some sort of final confrontation.

Preferably both sides would be somewhat gray morally and have good arguments, but if Twilight turns into a power hungry self righteous tyrant who wants to send the Canterlot nobility to the guillotines or turns on her friends that's fine too.

I would prefer setups that do not involve comic book reasons to get good guys to fight each other, such as: mind control, possession, evil clones, parallel dimensions, magical corruption, brainwashing, and so on. You can still list them, but please make a note if something like that is the main driver of motivation.

I would especially like a story where Twilight starts off as a loyal subject to the crown until she sees the effects of empire, maybe confronts Celestia about it, is rebuffed and told it's the requirements of stability and so on, then rebels. If she wins and takes over and starts to act just like Celestia did and has a moment of realization, or someone calls her out on her behavior, even better.

I'll also accept stories where there's no physical confrontation, if the story itself is good. But I'm a sucker for a well done climactic battle scene. Twilight coming up with an elaborate plan to take out Celestia could be quite entertaining, I think.

Thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1