I Just Want a Comment 3,674 members · 15,722 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

'Cause, y'know, we're primarily meant to be a feedback group, even if we don't necessarily always see feedback on stories that are posted around in here. :P

Basically, if you have disabled comments on your story, or have had comments hidden by site staff, then you will not be allowed to promote your story in this group. Disabling your own comments gives the readers the assumption that you are unwilling to accept any feedback or criticism on your work, and having site staff disable them means that you are likely writing about a sensitive topic that may incite more argument than casual feedback and/or criticism.

You may continue promoting blog posts, however, but keep in mind that this group is SFW. That means that if your blog contains content that may be explicitly offensive or NSFW, then we may have to take down your promotion to stick within site rules. However, this does not mean that you can promote a blog that in turn promotes or links to content that violates this rule. If your story's got locked comments, we will not allow its promotion, whether it be direct or indirect.

I have recently been receiving complaints about the group's forums being filled with posts promoting the same stories week after week. While this does fit within the rules stating one promotion per week per story, it has been decided that if a story continuously receives promotions, week after week, then we may ask for posts to be limited to once every two weeks or more instead to reduce the spammyness. This falls in line with a note from the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau's rules, where it is stated:

If you keep posting the same promotion every week, we might ask you to wait longer, since that can still be pretty annoying, especially if your promotions tend to include flame wars. If you are posting a bunch of very similar promotions close together, we may ask for more time between them as well.

Other than that lil' blurb, we're just gonna keep on chuggin'. Happy reads! :twilightsmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I am Sweetie Belle, and I approve of this message!

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2