School for New Writers 5,013 members · 9,625 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

I know, I know, your notification box is being molested by these threads.

Let's molest it more. (Princess Molestia approves.)

So, let us talk about the middle child, the least famous one, of story perspectives: Second-person. In case you don't have a college degree in having a fucking eighth-grade knowledge, second-person is talking about YOU. Yes, you, the reader. This makes for an interesting twist because it's you. Plus, second-person words are limited; the main words are only 'you' and 'your'.

Now, let's talk about tactics. First, if you want to make a story where you're not you, but instead something else (A pony, for example), you must explain who 'you' are. You can't just say "You're you as a poneh.". That's too much for a story to handle, since those tactics are too much for a story to handle; what if I want to be a fucking alicorn, Gary Stu, self-insert OC with tribal marks all over his body and devil horns and wings for some reason? Wouldn't Equestria just fucking go ape-shit? (According to authors of these stories, no! :pinkiehappy: ) Explain who we are truly. Are we a green, red-maned unicorn who is innocent? Am I a changeling who has been kicked from the hive because I'm a faggot? Am I a canon character? And if I'm an OC, what is my background? Have I done nothing worthy in my past? Am I a very important pony? Am I EEEEVVVVIIILLL? Am I a good guy? Explain.

Also, remember to be descriptive; use colorful vocabulary. (I'm not saying to fucking cuss; only us teachers can fucking cause because we fucking can, you fucking bitch. I'm saying to use interesting verbs and adjectives.) Be very, very descriptive. In a second-person story, I want to be there, and that's your point, also.

Now, let us talk about why I dislike second-person stories for the most part: The clopfic part of it is abused. This is what goes through the average second-person writer's head:

"I'm going to make a second-person story! What should it be about? How about an adventure, where you travel across all of Equestria? Oh, maybe a sad story where you lose everything you had? Hm... Maybe a story with a twist, where you learn you're a canon character in the end? Oh! I know! A second-person OCxLuna clopfic!"

Me, somehow reading their mind: "GOD-FUCKING-DAMMIT!"

Did you know that second-person stories can stretch beyond the capabilities of the other 2 views? If so, then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LIMITING TO YOURSELF TO A FUCKING CLICHE OCXLUNA CLOPFIC, WHICH ALREADY FUCKING HAVE EVERYWHERE?! Those stories can be great; they can put me in the spot instead of some random character. But NOOOOO, you fucking make me fucking the entire Mane 6, then the CMC like the little fucking pervert you are, then all of the princesses, and then I break my boner while humping Discord's statue. Even if I actually was in Equestria and was able to do that, I wouldn't do that! I would choose just to chose somepony to be with a stick that way! And I'm sure many other people would do that, also.

So, in conclusion: A second-person story can stretch beyond stories and actually put us in the spot instead of another character. Be descriptive. And for the love of God, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Discord, Faust, Molestia, Trollestia, Black Jesus, Mr. T, the Old Spice Guy, 60's Spiderman, Billy Mays, and Codestia, DON'T MAKE A FUCKING SECOND-PERSON CLOPFIC. PLEASE.

Whoa, a second-person clopfic with OCxLuna?

That sounds hot! Imma go write one. :rainbowwild:

Bandy
Group Contributor

Second person clop is more effective than regular clop because people can picture themselves licking their favorite horse's bajingo.

A second-person clopfic with Black Jesus, 60's Spiderman and Billy Mays is definitely something I would read.

395116 OH NO YOU DON'T! *pulls handgun out of pocket and shoots you in the head*

395120 The thing is, most people can't, since they don't actually know what it's like. (Both the author and the readers.)

395135 ...I should make that. *grabs pencil* *gets keyboard*

The thing is, most people can't, since they don't actually know what it's like.

Yeah, most people.

... Most people...

395168 That includes you. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

Too late, I already wrote it. Thanks for helping me think of some of the minor plot details, though.

Here it is:
You find yourself in Princess Luna's bedchamber. Princess Luna is there and since you're both alicorns you decide you should have sex. As soon as you start, some dude bursts in and shoots you in the face with a handgun. Then you die. Oh, also you had cool tribal markings all over your body. The end.

XiF

Oh hello I didn’t see you whats your name she imersoned him and leaned on his side. my name is martin willis i am orange with blue stripes and my cutie mark is the gun from PORTAL. (cause ifell in a portle and I am good at that game)

Oh please no! Don't even talk about Martin Willis! :fluttershbad:

395465 Wait! Don't cry, I'm sorry! :raritydespair:

You can talk about Martin Willis if you really want to.

XiF

395468 Yay! :yay:

(Also, why didn't that show up as a notification... :trixieshiftright:)

Probably because I wrote the comment, then posted it, then realized that I'd forgotten to make it a reply to your comment, then I edited it so that it actually WAS a reply.

XiF

395493 Oh. Silly me. :facehoof:

395496 It's okay. Pinkie Pie still loves you. :pinkiecrazy:

XiF

395519 lol, wut?

XiF

395519 Shouldn't you, like be in school about now?

395521 I'm leaving in 5 minutes.
I like going on my computer in the morning. :ajbemused:

395519 You're just trying to use your "Ha, gaaay" shout to hide the fact that you thought my OCxLuna fic was SUPER HOT! :trixieshiftright:

XiF

395567 I hated because you made me die. I'm going to block you now.

395584 But wait, there's gonna be another chapter where it turns out that your special talent is being immortal, so you wake up and realize that you didn't actually die! :pinkiehappy:

XiF

395605 :pinkiegasp:
I hope you get featured.

395567 W-what?! I n-never thought that!
*looks down and sees massive erection*
Oh shit! *runs away*

396182 Awww yeah! I've still got it! :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31