School for New Writers 5,012 members · 9,625 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Piquo Pie
Group Contributor

Scene:
December 13, 2014

The School for New Writers, previously one of the most active and well respected groups on FIMfiction has been in limbo for months. There were no active mods and new content was sparse and limited. Anyone posted what they wanted and the more and more students stopped coming to class.

But the dormant school has awakened and the doors have opened dramatically back-lit. The new administration is here, ready for action. We have mods, we have teachers, we have energy, pros, dictionaries, and a wide array of cultural backgrounds. But the school still has a long way to go before reclaiming it's former glory. On December 13th, 2014, the day this was posted, the School for New Authors was the 13th most populated group on FIMfiction, and had just passed the 2600 members mark for users. Which omen will prove true, will the school rise from the ashes or will the clock strike thirteen.2

One thing is for sure, the future of the school rests on the Admins...

Good Day,

I'm Piquo Pie and I am here to prod all your overactive little imaginations with knowledge until it's nice and aggressive and ready to write your way into happiness. As of this post I had acquired permission to become the new head mod of the group with the mission of recruiting more moderators and professors. This is a little bit about me.

I use to be a professor in this school and am, at the time of this post, the head of the Everfree Northwest Writing Track. My degree is in Psychology and I have both Dyslexia and ADHD. I actually learned to read by dictating stories to my mom and then reading those stories. I like to think I specialize in character and experimental writing as well as epistolaries.

Now it's time for the other Admins to introduce themselves. Have a little fun guys/gals.

For the rest of us, let us give them a warm welcome.

SirTruffles
Group Admin

EDIT: I have retired from admin duties for this group. Please contact one of the other admins if you need assistance. Thank you.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Howdy ho, lads and lasses! It is I, Goldenwing, once a professor in this kind group and now one of its new moderators. I began my writing "career" at the ripe old age of thirteen, when I would make long stories and short comics about people that could control the elements (that's right, The Last Airbender took my idea). Don't ask for them, as they are all lost to time.

I am avid armchair general, and in my years of virtual military command I have learned many things on the proper way to lead an army, as well as developed an intricately detailed knowledge-base on military tactics, vehicles, and equipment.

Within the fandom, really all I do is read and write. A glance through my bookshelves will show that I favor the long, dark, adventurous epics such as Fallout: Equestria or End of Ponies. I'm in the process of writing a long, dark, adventurous epic of my own, which is currently in the midst of its third rewrite. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist about these things.

I have a knack for the creation and writing of good OCs, or perhaps its that I'm simply bad at writing other people's characters.

To summarize: my focus lies in military writing, combat prose, world-building, and original characters. Also, you can tell that Piquo is no fun; he has no Santa hat.

Hi, I'm Keam. All I really do on a this site is read, write, and most of the time, chat. The reason I'm here in this group is because of being very active and good at making people follow rules. As for what I have planned for the future in this group, I can reveal that I'm planning a lecture on the subject of writing fanfiction and not being native to the English language.
More about me as a person, I'm a 15 year old female from Sweden ( my time is GMT +1). I have ADHD and problems keeping my concentration, so pardon if I may seem a bit skater-brained or un-structured at times, it's mostly if I'm very stressed or had a ruff day at school.
I'm willing to help anyone who needs it and I find happiness in helping people and their fanfics succeed.
You can always PM me, no matter what the issue. It really don't have to be an issue, either, just wanting to chat is fine too.

My expertise in writing? Um, no one? No, but all jokes aside, if do say so my self, I'm good at dialogues and ways of expressing your characters nature when it talks, A.K.A speech patterns and things alike that would make you read a dialogue and feel that what they say are 'typical' for characters. In short, my speciality lies in characters talking.

The Dean
Group Admin

I'm the Dean. I would write more but

Good afternoon sorry for being so late to the comment party, The name's Darklordcomp I'm a writer who's more interested in reading and coming up with a plot than actually writing them down. I do enjoy reading what students have thought up and I love helping new students become better writers. I'm here on the site all the time if you have questions and I am looking at becoming more active on fimfic once again!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6