Spanish Announce Table Goes First 131 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I don't mean to step of anyone's hooves (I know Warden is likewise working on one of these at the same time), but I've long felt that given the length of the length of EoP, it really deserved an audiobook to help make it less of a time commitment (what else do I intend to do during my 1:40 round trips to work?). So ever since SS&E revised the story, I've been at work on recording my own, and I am apprehensively happy to say I've finally finished the first chapter.

Even still not being entirely sure of the scope of this group, I figured it might be the best place to bring it up, since I assume most people here have read or at least are aware of the story. So if any of you are interested in listening to me monologue (first chapter is like, 99% narration) about a depressing pony doing awesome but depressing things for 40 minutes, or have a long car ride ahead of you in the future, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts, and whether or not this is worth me continuing =)

So yeah, linkeh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbeLuahDHQ&list=PL6xebPhZ5yUXNDe7TFzcE2Mc0CuyT_vFT&index=1

Enthralling!

754776 so....

Whens the next one going up? Totally agree that this needed an audiobook, and im just disappointed I didnt think of doing it first.

A simple reply, but it made my day =) Thanks!

A very good question, dependent on a few factors. The next chapter is shorter, but also contains dialogue (which means voices to practice). I've gotten a work flow down now where I can get through the recording process much quicker than before, and I've rehearsed most of the voices, but when it comes to editing I'm not sure how picky I'll be about how the voices end up in the final cut (I want them distinguishable and convincing). All that said, I'm inclined to give myself about 2 weeks to put out the next chapter. However, much of my motivation will depend on responses, both positive and negative, to what I've done thus far. But as long as people want to hear more, I'll be very glad to deliver :3 It's food to me.

P.S.
Red Wings needs reading ;)

Second chapter is up, practically on schedule, and I'm much happier with the result this time around:

No timeline for the 3rd one yet, gotta cycle through catching up on other projects before I get started on it. I'll update stuff about it on my blog though, don't want to spam the forum here.

WardenPony
Group Contributor

Have no fear of stepping on toes. I'm so slow at producing content that I'm certain people will like your version as much, if not more. Even after giving myself a deadline of the first week of March, I only now have my first chapter polished and ready. Hopefully I can make myself work at a better pace for the next chapters, but I have a lot of painful work ahead of me with a screenplay I'm writing along with my usual editor's job all on top of managing a time-consuming gaming career in League of Legends and college courses. Regardless, as time and my moods permit, I will be continuing with recordings, and hopefully enunciating much better than I have this first time around (again).

My actual recording ended up slightly shorter than yours, even with the intro and outro music I added in, so it seems like I read slightly faster, but still end up taking several times as long. :twilightsheepish:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/danielsturkie/end-of-ponies-a1-c1
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?jt32ikl7j58ry
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJhWOvyK_Q

Excellent! Hadn't seen an update from you in a while, but I was hopeful you still intended to continue =) I'd rather there be a variety of options available to people, in case mine scares them off hehe... Yeah it'll no doubt be a long project. Even at it's current 52 chapters in length, a ~2 weeks per chapter regiment would still take 2 years to get to where the story is at now, not even taking into consideration how much longer it'll end up being by the end. Still, if nothing less, your version acts as a motivation for me not to fall behind as well ;)

I considered music in mine on the suggestion of my prelistener, but I don't think I'm classy enough haha. I remember seeing your comment on the song you wanted to include (I stalk you =P), but I must say that hearing in use was rather epic for the story. Just listened to the first few minutes, but I'm at a friend's house and he's trying to watch anime, so I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow to hear it all the way through :scootangel:

Wait... 40 minute drive home, and 40 minute story... I'll be listening to you in the car ^_^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7