RariPie 453 members · 112 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

This group of shippers isn't popular, but I do love it a lot. What do I do if I want more acceptance from other Shippers?

Can't really do much, just be proud, defend the ship but don't shove it in their faces either, and have reasons to back it up.

2406146 Frankly, I'm not even sure what you mean with this question. Are you saying you want others to accept the greatness that is Raripie (which should be obvious, but for some reason many people fail to see it), or that you want other shippers to... be nicer to you? Are other shippers being dicks to you or something?

Write a fic as good as Twilight's List about it.

Just be true to yourself. People may or may not understand, but that's their problem.

2407269 actually there are a couple stories that are pretty popular, but one story cannot a popular ship make.

Well, I more mean something that actually converts people to the ship and/or makes them want to write stories for that ship. The Games We Play may be a great fic, but it isn't a fic that converts people to the ship, nor does it especially drive people to want to write stories for that ship, I think (though a lot of good stories for a given ship can help that to some extent, I suspect; look at poor PinkieDash. Used to be big, seems almost dead now that several of the big writers who wrote for it are gone/moved on).

Twilight's List is more of a conversion type fic, as it explains why it is that they make sense together. The story may not be perfect - in fact, the ending is quite abrupt - but it tells you exactly why these two ponies should be together.

I think something which is high quality which does that can help drive a ship towards popularity far more than anything else you do.

So all you have to do is write a fic like that which will get two thousand upvotes. Easy peasy right? ;p

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7