Twishy 1,121 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Timaeus
Group Admin

Attention all Dual-Month Contest applicants!

I owe each and every one of you an explanation for the incredibly long delay in posting the results of the August Dual-Month Contest. The delay is inexcusable, and I offer my deepest apologies. I also take full responsibility for this contest being somewhat of a shamble, though I ask for the chance to explain myself.

While I cannot speak for Lars, life has been very difficult for me over the last few months. I recognize now that I should have posted something earlier to inform all of you why there have been no results posted, but it is what it is and once I again I am sorry.

Simply put, life has taken one consecutive downward spiral after another over the last few months, ranging from illness in the family to furnace malfunctions to unexpected university/veterinary/hospital payments to deaths in my family. This is partly why results (at least for me) have yet to be posted as I've had to deal with that. The other reason is that because of the unexpected payments I've had to make to university, the vet, etc., I have little to no disposable income. Why is this important? It makes it rather difficult to supply the plushie to the winner if I have no money to get the prize (let alone shipping) in the first place. So, I've been putting it off until I could find a reasonable replacement for the original plushie (the artist responsible is also not taking commissions for the next little while last I checked).

The good news is I may have found something that can be used as a replacement, the downside is that the place from which I would purchase does not have Fluttershy, at least not yet.

I realize this is a bunch of excuses and the fact is I have not been performing my duty as one of the coordinators or as an admin of the group adequately. All I can do is offer my sincerest apologies and do better in the future.

That being said, I will converse with Lars and the results of the contest will be posted later today.

Wow... you have been through a lot... :twilightoops:

Hey, real life always comes before some random people on the internet, especially when it involves debt and death. Those who would judge someone for that are either woefully inexperienced or simply apathetic to other beings. Hope you start to feel better relatively soon.

I'm really sorry to hear about what you've been going through, and you have my sincere condolences. I seriously hope things look up for you soon. Despite all that, don't worry about the wait. Everyone has problems at some point in their lives, and it wouldn't be fair to hold something you had no power over against you. We understand, so don't feel bad. :twilightsmile:

GjallarFox
Group Admin

It's okay, brother. I understand. Life is cruel sometimes and she's being mean to you.

<3 DarqFox

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5