Twilight's Library 4,830 members · 6,274 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
arcum42
Group Admin

Just thought I'd take a moment to announce that I've brought Garbo802 on as an admin. His user page describes him as follows:

I AM GARBO, THE DAVENPORT-OBSESSING, CLICHE-CHALLENGING, COLLAB-ORGANIZING, PROOFREADER EXTRAORDINAIRE!!

Not sure how much more you need to know then that, really.

Oh, fine. Let's see, he's also proofread a bunch of nygiants93's fanfics, and Ponibus's Study of a Winning Pony & The Incredibly Embarrassing Parents Of Rainbow Dash, as well as having written 11 fanfics of his own, all of which have Davenport in them.

In fact, seems to me like we have an awful lot of writing, proofreading, and editing talent on our admin staff. We probably ought to do something with that...

Anyways, I'm glad to have him helping out, and wanted to welcome him to our team.

1022339 Hope i'm not stepping out of line when I ask, what exactly does it take to become an admin? :applejackunsure:

arcum42
Group Admin

Well, it's not necessarily that spelled out, but things like being a proofreader, editor, writer or reviewer are nice, because admins here are going to be approving things from the Incoming folder, and being able to spot fanfics that shouldn't be in there and explain why is important.

Reading a lot and having a lot of spare time helps. Not having actually had your fanfiction rejected from Twilight's Library is preferred, though I may make exceptions there if I have good reason. If you've got lots of ideas about things to do as admin that I like, that'd always help, too.

At the end, it's pretty much whether I think they'd make a good admin, though Seven81493 ends up involved fairly often. The decision wasn't actually that difficult on the last couple admins because I already knew who they were, and had a pretty good idea of their qualifications...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3