Humans Aren't Bastards 4,068 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I think this can be used as an analogy for life in general.

It seems the hardest judges are ourselves.Which is why I do hope we find intelligent life. Because we will always cloud our judgement with preconceived notions. And maybe they will tell us that we aren't bastards and that we don't need to beat ourselves up about what we've done.

Yeap, was going to bring this ad up in one of my University classes, "Ads and Promo". Even as a man, I found this to be touching, and true to a large degree.

lordvad3r95
Group Contributor

:pinkiesad2: That...that was beautiful. This is one of the most touching videos I've ever seen. You are completely right; we do judge ourselves too harshly sometimes. We tear ourselves down, and it gets us nowhere. You just made my day. Here, take a heart. :heart:. Or two :heart::heart:

Thank you so much for showing me this! :pinkiehappy:

Ahhhh that made meh laugh and smile! I must be better than I think, i'm not a bad person! YAY! :pinkiehappy:

That was quite touching, and I think I'm going to view the world in a completely different way tomorrow.

Oh God, that really made me cry. :pinkiesad2:

I really do love Dove's Real Beauty ads. And this especially is a beautiful example of how there are always both good and bad aspects in everything, but the beauty always outshines the ugliness. Its one of the reasons why I hate the whole "Humanity on Trial" trope, how some other intelligent species decides to judge whether humanity deserves to exist and live on. But I wholly believe that an intelligent species that is very sufficiently advanced, deliberately contacting us, would've moved on past the point of being judgmental, and even acknowledging of their own flaws. Maybe, just maybe, yeah, they'd see the good and the light in us. That's what's important. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7