Equestrian Saiyans 671 members · 228 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

A saiyan is banished from his home world beacuase of his low power level and is adopted by a pony (I don't know who the pony should be if you have an idea please post a comment) and basically about him as he goes on his adventures and reaches the highest forms of super saiyans.

Boyzilla
Group Admin

Similar stories of different authors have posted stuff related to this. But to answer your question... Yes! :yay:

Ok thanks. I'll sart as soon as I can. Any idea on the pony that adopts him? I can't decide. There are so many ponies to choose from.

As long as you don't make your saiyan OC too overpowered, go ahead.

Choose the most unlikely pony you can think of for a parent that isn't a child and go with it

947160 (Take everything below with a grain of salt. I mean it all as advice, and not to be hurtful.)

To be honest, a saiyan banished from his home planet simply because he was weak doesn't make any sense. Even the weak ones are still given planets to conquer. (Example: Goku had a power level of 2 at birth, and was sent to Earth. Can't get much lower than that.) For things to make sense, you need to come up with a better set up.

If you have a pony adopt him, you'll have a good set up for a different style of story other than what you may be going for. Home versus Heritage. A struggle to accept who they really are. If you think you can pull this kind of story off, go for it.

Also, "Going through each level of super saiyan". Really take a step back, and look at what it takes to hit each level. And remember what had to happen for Goku to hit the first stage. Goku's words to Frieza after ascending. "A pure heart, awakened through intense anger." That's the catalyst. Now take a look at all the levels beyond that. Are these even going to be necessary, or do you want them just because they are cool? Doing something because it's cool does not equal a good story.

Think about the future. Plan your story out. If it's cool, and you can make it make sense, then go for it! But don't do things just for the sake of doing them. First time ascensions can't be "just part of the story", and be effective. The scenes will come off as being very lackluster, and overall reaction will be: 'Meh. Okay.'

And now your ponies. The sky is the limit. You are not bound to using pre-existing characters from the show. He doesn't necessarily HAVE to meet the Mane 6. He doesn't even have to end up in the current MLP timeline. It all depends on the story you want to tell. Where does he end up? How much of his life do you plan to cover? These are things you need to put a lot of thought behind.

947160 That's what my story is going to be like, but a little different.

Thanks a lot I'll do my best. And hes going to go through all forms of super saiyan becasue I'm planning the saiyan to go through all the most powerful eminies in that part of the galaxy. I might make him do a freindly one on one spar with Goku.

Would I read it?
Yes :pinkiesmile:
Would I enjoy it?
Maybe :scootangel:

-Kiryu :moustache:

I would most definitely and undoubtedly read it as long as it was detailed and descriptive as well as completely original.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10