The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,734 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

While calling a baby changelings a Nymph is right definition for them?

a mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations.
synonyms: sprite, sylph, spirit
"a nymph with winged sandals"

So we been calling baby changelings beautiful maiden. In Greek mythologies definition.

4964867 Nymph is also the term for an insect kid that's basically a smaller version of the adult. If humans were insects, our kids would be nymphs.

Larva is when the insect kid is NOT a smaller version, like caterpillers to butterflies.

So it really all depends on changelings life cycle. I go the nymph route personally.

4964878 I really don't called them bugs.

4964887 I dunno, seem pretty insectoid to me. Carapace (Look at the lines around Chrysalis's neck, for instance) Insect wings, insect buzzing when moving in a swarm, blue eyes that stand a good chance of being compound. There's plenty of non-insect traits, but the buggy is strong with them.

4964899 but calling insect isn't the right term for them.
Insect contain three body part and six legs. And changelings got two body parts and four lags.

They're an insect/equine hybrid. They'd have characteristics of both, but not all of the characteristics of either one.

4964970 Which many people seem to forget. They just assume that insectoid evolution took a horse turn. Go figure...

D48

4964899 4964934 4964970 4965160 The arthropod family is a lot bigger than insects and larger groups like crustaceans are much better reference points, although I had to make a lot of drastic changes to the nuts and bolts to make them work when I put together a working physiology that doesn't break biology.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9