Useful Feedback 236 members · 608 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hey, I need a feedback on my mystery the shadow

the shadow

The story having a twist I thought about it. I want you to find out who is the villain

Okay, I gave the first chapter a glance.
To start with the basics, your grammar needs a lot of work. It's not in any one particular area, just in general - title case capitalization is missing, periods are missing, commas are missing, there are tense errors, words that aren't real ("beated"?), etc.

Another issue is a lot of repetition of what is substantively the same information:

The police officer shouted as a hooded robber ran away with a bag of money in one hand and in the other a gun. The cop chased the robber through streets and alleys as the robber tried to escape. The robber ran through a dark alley and the cop behind him, as he met a brick wall stopping his escape and he realized he was trapped.

You've just told us three times that a cop was chasing a robber.
We knew this was happening after the first time.
Make your sentences concise and focus on what new information they add to the picture you're painting.

There are also big problems here with the rule of "show, don't tell." For instance:

The cop chased the robber through streets and alleys as the robber tried to escape.

You are telling us in the abstract that the cop chased the robber, and that the robber tried to escape.
How did the cop give chase?
How was the robber trying to escape?
We can't see this happening unless you describe how it happened - that is, unless you show us the specifics of how these things happen instead of just telling us there was a chase and an attempt to escape as broad concepts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3