Useful Feedback 237 members · 609 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Starfall
Group Admin

These are things. Things that are not correct. They are incorrect things.

(I'll try to update this OP as new examples are posted; feel free to do so below.)

Should of / would of / could of - Wrong.
Should have / would have / could have - Right.

Begs the question - refers to a specific argument in philosophy.
Raises the question - is what you're really trying to say.

They're - shorthand of: 'They are' indicates activity.
Their - indicates possession.
There -indicates location.

Per say - is not right.
Per se - is correct.

Karrakaz
Group Admin

They're - shorthand of: 'They are' indicates activity.
Their - indicates possession.
There -indicates location.

I don't know why you say the form "their" is wrong. You don't need to tack on the 's' to show possession; it works just fine without it in many instances.

Examples:

"They have their own way of doing things"

"Their army vastly out numbers yours"

Karrakaz
Group Admin

ehh yea, my bad not been at a hundred percent lately.

Wow you replied fast... And I can understand that, is it an illness?

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Chronic Insomnia

Hmm, that I cannot understand. I hope you do eventually get sleep, I know I barely function without it (although I'm not even really sure how insomnia works, besides the basic "no sleep").

At least the hours you say you stay up make sense now...

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Basically, it's been bad this last week, and I've been up for 61 hours straight at this point.

Yep, that's what I was talking about. How do you cope with it? I'd guess at like, coffee (and lots of it), but I doubt that that would actually work.

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Nah, hate coffee, and it becomes easier to handle after the first 36 hours, but my thinking just isn't 100% sometimes.

I'd think 36 hours of constantly being awake would do that, yeah. And sorry if I seem to be prying (I'll stop if you want), but how do you regain that energy? Do you sleep for longer periods then, give and take would make sense.

(I'll get to you on my user page)

Karrakaz
Group Admin

When I do sleep, I usually sleep for 12 hours or more, you apparently recover from lack of sleep easier than you'd think :twilightsheepish:

Well that's a good thing. Here I thought you'd be passed out in some random location, comatose for an entire day until you wake up and restart the cycle.

Luckily that isn't the case :twilightsmile:

Starfall
Group Admin

Oh, yes:

Per say - is not right.
Per se - is correct.

TheVulpineHero1
Group Admin

Gonna add apostrophes to this list, in particularin the instance of it's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's= it is, and does not imply possession. If you're trying to say something belongs to it, you're looking for its.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15