Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I have only read up to Freeport Auction so please don't tell me anymore then that, but to me it feels like with Sunset, Celestia is her mother(both feel this way), and with Twilight, Celestia is a very close mentor, not a mother figure. :heart:

Yeah, that feels about right. I guess Celestia changed her methodology after Sunset fled.

Pretty much.

From the lore in the freeportverse, sunsets parents were pretty shitty parents. Big responsibility, little time for their child kind of shitty if i remember right.

So yeah she was probably more raised by Celestia then her parents. No idea about Twilight and her relationship with Celestia in this universe, i think shes still a small child?

Well it’s the same continuity as the Winningverse, but Twilight would be a child around the time Sunset left, so yeah kinda.

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

Pretty much this. Neither of Sunset’s parents did a good job of balancing their work responsibilities with their parental ones, It’s not really a surprise Sunset went looking for an alternative mother figure, and Celestia’s a pretty perfect fit for the role all things considered. There were a few complications with that on account of Celestia initially not wanting to step into the role for fear of blocking out any reconciliation between Sunset and her parents, or Sunset’s pride, ambition, and baggage leading them both to a pretty bad place. Fortunately those issues seem to be evening out and producing an overall more healthy relationship.

As for Twilight, her relationship with Celestia is pretty much as per canon. Immense respect, and a desire for her approval. A bit of a crush, but one that she’s largely accepted as kind of a silly childhood crush on her teacher, and has moved beyond.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6