RariDash 993 members · 363 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Spring Is Dumb by HoofBitingActionOverload is my single favorite RariDash story. It is a fun look inside Rainbow Dash's mind, as well as a fun little glimpse of a relationship between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. It is also drop-dead funny, one of the funniest stories on the entire site.

And it is going to be unpublished in one week.

You all should go read it now, if you haven't already - and save it if you have.

5454065 First: Why is it being unpublished, there's no logical reason besides an authors poor judgement to delete it under the reason he doesn't like it too much, forgetting about what's most important, the readers. No author should make themselves out to do something that'd intentionally upset the readers, and give them the middle finger.

Second: If you're just saying this to get more people to read the story, than that's not the best way to promote something. In fact, that'd just be a pretty douche move. So, if there is a logical reason, I'd like to here it.

He's unpublishing all his stuff because he's doing original fiction work and is planning on scavenging bits from his fanfics. As long as the fanfics are online, that could be a problem. So, he's unpublishing them all because he's planning on using them in other projects that can make him money.

He gave a heads up because he didn't want to just be a douche who pulls all his stuff off and disappears.

5454088 Ah, I hear ya loud and clear. Just wanted to make sure nothing shady or mean spirited was going on.

I love that story so much, particularly the line about an Applejack without apples is just a Jack. Sad to see that it's going down; it's been firmly locked in my top 5 favorites for a long time now.

forgetting about what's most important, the readers.

Call me selfish, but I think what's most important is up to the author. At least for me, writing what I like has always been more important than pleasing an audience. I'd never intentionally upset them, but if I had to do something that they wouldn't like I'd be weighing my options. I've cancelled/rewritten stories I simply weren't happy with, and I gave an apology to those that enjoyed them.

5454618 A difference in philosophy. I'd feel way too guilty if I did such things to people who give me the time of day, so I put them above myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7