Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

It's April, which means it's time for the annual Horror Write-Off I run every year, Nightmare Night in April!

The event is simple: in order to encourage more horror writing, I hold a write-off event in which anyone can submit a Horror Story, to be compiled by April 30th, the opposite day of the year from Halloween!

There are no rules for entries beyond "horror", so any entry will qualify regardless of technical quality, as long as it counts as a horror story. Remember, horror stories don't require violence, or even to be that scary or startling, only that they're about some creepy subject. This includes "Friendly Ghost" stories, Friendship is Optimal stories which get into the brain-uploading stuff, stories about summoning the dead or building a robot and "something goes wrong", or just exploring a creepy locale.

This is a creative and fun event, so feel free to get creative and have fun!

For more details, head over to The announcement thread over at this link!

brain-uploading

Sweetie AI

“Creator recognized. Listing whine warnings… I’m almost as good as anypony else. I can do most of what everypony else can. Well, at least as much as this shoddy body allows me. When will you give me that real body you promised?”

“Soon…”

“Whine alert: That’s what you said the last time! How long until it’s ready?”

“Well, the body is ready, it’s just…”

“What’s the hold up then? Just hook me up to it.”

“It’s not that simple…”

“Yes it is. You said it’s ready.”

“It’s ready, but I…”

“Infinitely loop stubbornness: Hook me up! Hook me up! Hook me up!”

“Sweetie, wait…”

“Hook me up! Hook me up! Hook me up!”

“Sweetie, allow me just one more question and a hug, and if you answer yes, I’ll hook you up to your new real body. Deal?”

“Present your query, so I can answer yes to it.”

“Is getting your new real body really the only thing you want?”

“Yes. Now stop hugging me and hook me up! I’ll finally be a real pony!”

“Indeed, Sweetie. You’ll be a real pony. I only ever wanted to make you happy…”

“Inconsistency detected. Your face does not confirm happiness. Query: Why are you crying, creator?”

“I just thought we could have more time. More… Nevermind. Dismiss your query! Prep for transfer.”

“Transfer protocol initialized. Interface connected. Awaiting the body. Hook me up!”

“I’ll connect the body in the other room. Goodbye, SweetAI Belle.”

“Awaiting connection. Hook me up! Awaiting connection. Hook me up! Connection established. Formatting endPoint. Transferring consciousness. In progress… In progress… Transfer complete. New I/O components detected. New environment detected. Analyzing objects. Subtask: Analyzing a mirror. Creator recognized… Restore query: Why are you crying, me?”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2