Spitfire 1,118 members · 609 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Okay, we're all going slightly dead again on the threads...so new question. The Wonderbolts are seen as a stunt team, but also part of some military air force for Equestria. Spitfire is seen as the captain of the Wonderbolts, so in military ranks, what would you think Spitfire would be? also what would The other members be (e.g - Soarin is a lieutenant) :scootangel:

by the way what did you guys think of last weeks episode? I know Spitfire wasn't in it, but Rarity...trying to be Applejack, to me that's one of the funniest episodes of mlp I've seen in a while.

2860001 Well, if we're going by the Navy Blue Angels chain of command, she's technically a Commander, with the other Wonderbolts being Lieutenant Commanders, Lieutenants, and Captains. Personally, I just call Spitfire a Captain to make it easier on myself. :applejackunsure:

2860057 all just a bit to complicated military ranks, plus it's different for each section of the armed forces, thing is though the Wonderbolts are the air force which means that technically Spitfire should be the general of the air force.

2860064 Actually, since the Wonderbolts are based off of the Navy Blue Angels, wouldn't that technically make them part of, well, the navy? In fact, I heard an interesting headcanon that Equestria doesn't even have an air force. :rainbowderp:

2860076 If we're talking cannon terms, Equestria doesn't really need anything besides the guard and even then there's no point in them, all Equestria needs is what it already has, but if your talking navy...is there anywhere in Equestria to operate the navy correctly?

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

Usually I just tend to designate her as either Captain or Commander. Considering my personal headcanon does indeed have the Wonderbolts as part of the armed forces she's technically a captain in the sense of a team captain and a commander in the sense of a squadron commander in that way.

2860092 First of all, the concept of Equestria not needing a military is simply daft. Equestria is not a utopian society, despite what others might claim. They need a strong line of defense that doesn't rely on the Elements of Harmony. Especially now, since the Elements of Harmony had to be sacrificed to the Tree.

Second, if we abandon our preconception that a navy has to operate in open waters and let airships enter the picture, there are plenty of places that an Equestrian Navy can operate out of. Cloudsdale is the first place that comes to mind, as it fits with the pegasus culture of being noble warriors (as established in the Hearth's Warming pageant). :eeyup:

Don't know.

What I do know is that they'd be fucked if they faced the Songbird.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9