Rooster Teeth Bronies 1,242 members · 96 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Ever since I was 13 years old, I was an RT addict. Watching the first seasons of RvB was some of the best time I’ve had on the Internet. The founding of Achievement Hunter, Let’s Play, the first three seasons of RWBY, along with many other projects they had going. It felt like RT was at the top of the world.

Then several years ago I noticed many changes happening in the company, many of which I didn’t like.

The firing of Vic, many key people leaving RT (Burnie, Joel, etc.), pandering to the SJW crowd, becoming increasingly political, the latest seasons of RvB and RWBY being total crap.

I was truly hoping that Achievement Hunter would be spared from the scandals and controversies surrounding RT. Then the news came out about Ryan Haywood and Adam Kovic getting fired. Not only that but for the reasons as for doing so. It sickens me. I can’t even watch their previous videos they have been in, knowing what they did those vids feel tainted.

On top of that , watching them in general doesn’t feel fun anymore. They feel like a chore now.

To that end, I’m officially done with everything involving Rooster Teeth. How about you?

I was done with them a few years ago, when they changed the way the site operated.
I tried looking for particular videos for AH and Rage Quit and was getting effectively everything else, but not what I was looking for.

It's Rooster Teeth in name only now, they sold out and became corporate. But the Ryan Haywood and Adam Kovic stuff is what pushed me into completely unplugging from them.

I may still check out the latest season of RWBY... because I am curious if they can actually pull out of the nose dive they put the plot into. Somewhat doubtful of that though... :moustache:

I was pretty much done after the last season of RvB.
I liked it, but I wasn't interested in anything else they had.
And now, with essential cast members gone, the only thing I was still interested in holds me no longer.

jxj

Honestly, I'm still going to consume some content. I mean, I don't consume exactly much anymore and I definitely think Rooster Teeth is way past prime. I mostly watch some AH videos and some podcasts, mostly in the background. I haven't really tried to watch stuff with Ryan in it, but we'll see what happens when I do. I have a feeling i'll be able to watch it in time.

Here's the thing, I've been a fan of RT since Season 3 of RvB when most of it was produced in a bedroom. I remember their first office tour videos coming out. A fucking lot has changed since then, some good and some bad. I'll still watch and support the content I want to (i.e RWBY, Gen:LOK, AH (needs to be updated sans recent revalations) and other things I think are worth the money to watch), but just like any TV channel, there's shit I'm just not gonna bother with. I loved Always Open in it's inception, but agreed with Barb as to why the stopped it, just got too repetitive. There box of issues show they have to sorta replace it just doesn't vibe with me. The Haywood/Kovic shit that just happened doesn't surprise me too terribly much. When groupies exist someone from the group is gonna exploit them (not talking about the ones working on personal Youtube pages/Streams, that's a different can of worms).

Ultimately, RT has been a good source of entertainment for me, enough for me being a first member for almost 10 years. I'll drop them when I am truly bored of their content, not because of what their "personalities" do on their off time/whenever else they were scumbags.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6