Rooster Teeth Bronies 1,242 members · 96 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Seriously, I hope these fucks go broke for making this tasteless joke!!
:twilightangry2: :flutterrage: :twilightangry2: :flutterrage:

It's shit like this is why I stopped following them.

TBF, it's Coronavirus jokes aren't uncommon

This is a joke? Coronavirus memes were fucking everywhere in February, and Rooster Teeth has always trafficked in crass, offensive humor. I don't see this as anything but this guy overreacting to a joke that's a month old.
Is the joke indicative of ignorance? Sure. And if you find the joke distasteful, that's fine, but to call Gus, Gavin, and the others scumbags for making a joke and laughing at a friend's joke is ridiculous to me. Maybe I'm missing a wider context here, but I just don't see this as anything too shocking.

Yeah, there's also lots of Coronavirus lewds

Humor is a method of dealing with things too, like I laugh and joke about COVID because it helps ease the tension it's causing but whatever I guess RT has to cancel an event that's three months away due to something that may or may not be a concern by then.

Just to put into perspective as well, I was supposed to be at Toronto comic con today, that was only canceled a week ago. I'd been planning that trip since early January or so, they have time to cancel, plenty of it. What they don't have is time to get it back on if things blow over by then, but oh no their endangering public health. A lot can happen in three months.

Edit: Just to add, three months remember that. My college closed their doors and is urging residents to return home. They plan to reopen on may 19, roughly two months before RTX. People are planning and hoping that things will die down soon, and Gus is right, there are bigger things to be concerned about than COVID at RTX, mostly as your far more likely to get it anywhere else because again it's in three months.I'd worry about food, making sure you have essentials and how to get them if you don't, not getting the virus at an event that is literal months away.

Oh trust me, they'll get absorbed into HBO Max in the near future anyways.

Hold up, you want them to go bankrupt? You want a company to go under and dozens to lose their livelihood because one guy made a joke you disagreed with?

That is far far worse than the thing your complaining about. RT is a company built on jokes like this, their gonna cross a line every once in a while, maybe more but you, your just an ass.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8