AppleSpike 611 members · 196 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Just something I was interested in discussing. I've read multiple stories from different sites, and there is one thing that I can't help but find fascinating. It is the very, very wide range of personalities that Rarity seems to cover that differ from one story to the next.
Now, I don't think I have Rarity spot on, but in a couple of stories Rarity is seen as pleasant and generous, who cares for Spike, but not in that way. But in others, she and all the Mane 6 appear majorly OOC. Angry and over-reacting, Rarity is then seen as a manipulative snob, who cares for nothing but her image.

So Rarity isn't perfect, I'll give you that. But Spike himself does seem misguided; lead on by his own fantasies and misinterpretations.

So I'll leave the stage, now open to y'all. What do you think of Rarirty and how to best write her in an Applespike?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Not being a raging bitch for starters.

4852753 Saying why she thinks another pony would be the perfect match for Spike.

4852780 That, good sir, is a great start. :moustache:

4852814 I've seen this before and really liked it.
Rarity is a good friend. I think it benefits a story if she is written as such.
Plus, I just can't stand OOC drama.

Uurrghh, it really hurts.

Something written from an angry, over-dramatised teen's perspective.

That, however, is a bit hypocritical on my part.

4852825 Eeyup. I made an R63 Applespike story a while back (I'm still working on the epilogue chapter in the sequel), and I turned Elusive into such a bitch.:twilightsheepish:

4852832 Sometimes, when you want some freedom and to troll the reader, it is fun to have that one character as an absolute twerp.

4852845 Eeyup, there wasn't any dialogue, though.

Well the best thing to do is find a middle ground where Rarity could be with Spike has a crush on her abd most Applespike stories ether has to write her mean or write her not having feelings towords Spike. But Rarity does care for him and doesn't want to hurt him and that why she doesn't bring up his crush and she hopes he will just grow out of it sometime in the future and find someone around his age.

With Spike if he just ask Rarity out she will most likely tell him the truth about how she only wants to be friends and this will lead Spike in two ways, ether talk to Twilight or Applejack seeing that those two are both level headed and care for Spike. As the young drake will gain a new crush on Applejack with her being there when he need her and willing to listen and care for him.

Or you can do what I did in my story and just say Rarity doesn't know anything about Spike

I write off as a stuck up sometimes, but I write her as an understanding caring individual. I do pair her with rover the diamond dog. I see she cares for him, and would let him down, leaving Apple Jack to comfort him, confess her love to him, ya know the usual romance.

my most work is drawing. And I hope you don't mind me sharing this, mostly I just love teasing the sparity ship. As you can see I love to have fun with it. :3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11