Queen Chrysalis's Feeding Grounds 1,421 members · 1,392 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

She's a rival to Queen Chrysalis and wants to ruin the love supply to Chrysalis's Hive by sending her Changelings to infiltrate the Hive and destroy the source and the backup source.

...seriously? the concept of a Queen implies she reigns supreme. there can only be one, as the famous Highlander quote goes. now if it was a Changeling princess and you ran with it like that, then it would be realistic. but not another Queen.

974725 Imago is a good name, but why have a Hive when they clearly are shown in the comics to live and operate a lot like Equestrians do, with a castle and houses?

Queen Pupa! Ruler of.... Changelings! and stuff... :facehoof:

I nominate 'Chelicera / Chelicerae (singular/plural) ' Like Chrysalis, the word is a proper noun, referring to the jaw/fang appendages in arachnids. Fitting stuff, I think.

Considering the number of different ways to interpret and write changelings, why not?

in any other society you can think of, have you ever heard of a nation having more than one Queen? no. Equestria has more than one princess, but that isn't the same thing. a nation can have more than one princess/prince, just not more than one queen/king.

In any nation I can think of, or any nation I can think of in a magical world of mix'n'match creatures?

"Queen" is just a noun. Hell, even the dwarves have dozens, hundreds of "kings". It translates to 'chief engineer/mine manager' for them.

"Queen" could refer to the fact that she's clearly a different phenotypical form, like we see with hive insects. (hives that, I might add, frequently have more than one "queen." Sometimes they fight, sometimes they negotiate, and one leaves with part of the hive to resettle, causing what we know of as a swarm.)

I appreciate what you're saying, but I can't really see any way you could persuade me; to me, you're making a limitation where there isn't needs or grounds for one.

P.S- to Diamond - 'Trochanter' is another possible name, if you like. It's a cockroach's knee, I think.

I'm really not trying to persuade you at all. Though the fact that you can coherently make your argument to me makes me incredibly happy. :pinkiehappy:

I enjoy arguing far too much to willingly drag it down into some kind of monkey screaming match. It's like going full retard- even if you DO get the oscar, if you had to go full retard to get it...ain't worth it.:trollestia:

974749 Everyone has their own interpretation. Plus the idea of the hive continues the organic look pioneered by the pod they stuffed Celestia into.

yeah... I'd never go full retard. maybe halfway there, just for the audience's sake. but full? nope.avi

974725 list of rulers (kings and queens) in my fic, for reference:

Chrysalis (duh) and her son, Staghorn (me)
Ovi
Locust
Refraction
Nattfjaril

Here's a name: Silasyrshc. Only beings like Alucard could appreciate this level of genius.

How about "Kerrigan"? :derpytongue2:

Going with what little we can deduce about naming patterns, perhaps "Queen Chitinous" or "Queen Carapace".

Queen Metamorphosis?

974749 I have not read the comics. And I'm thinking different Changeling groups live in different ways. Some live hidden in plain sight, some in hidden dens, some, in the Badlands where there is no one challenging them for the land, in Changeling cities or in Hives.

She's a rival to Queen Chrysalis and wants to ruin the love supply to Chrysalis's Hive by sending her Changelings to infiltrate the Hive

It implies there's more than one Hive.
Chrysalis is Queen of her particular Hive. This Queen has a different Hive.

Considering their insect-like nature, Queen could also be used as an identifier of species, not rank, like Alicorn.
A changling Queen.
A pony Alicorn.

Probably because many people haven't read the comics. I know for myself, the comics and 'word-of-god' doesn't factor in as canon.

974758 Queen Chelicerae-a perfect name for the Changeling Queen I have in mind.

975599 I might have a few:
Queen Arachnia
Queen Spiderisa
Queen Dragonfly
How are they?

There's actually a whole slew of fairy legends based around changelings and not just the one shown in my little pony. A kill-crop was a wax dummy designed to deplete resources by literally eating the castle out of house and home. Sometimes it was a tiger, other times a hideous troll. The sky is nearly the limit. If Queen Chrysalis was named after a butterfly cocoon. Who says the name has to be insect-like. Chryssi's rival could be named after a bird, a nixie, or even looking up words found on different techniques in ceramic glazing can lead to some pretty interesting names.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23