Queen Chrysalis's Feeding Grounds 1,421 members · 1,392 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Here's the idea. In a universe where changelings decided to force bipedal evolution for their species ((after the Canterlot Wedding)) Chrysalis conquered the Galaxy. She and her race the PROTEANS ((scratch the H)) were the dominant race. Protean is an adjective and means versatile, mutable, adaptable, capable of assuming many forms.

Now in this universe instead of Javik Shepard would awaken Chrysalis. They would gather the elements of harmony to complete building the crucible and have a good ending I hope. The mane 6 and the Princesses plus a few other changelings might also be alive. So... what say you? Interesting?

Just sounds like a retelling with pony character essnetially. Nothing really offsets it from the ME universe except changing a couple races up for another race that essentially does the same thing as the races their replacing.

4366175 Well the main storyline has to be the same... kinda... But that doesn't mean that it can't be unique. I mean there could be missions like "Awaken the Elements" or "Merge the Elements with Crucible" and stuff like Chrysalis trying to get a planet so her species can bloom once again, maybe reawaken the ponies and stuff. There would be loss, some romance... stuff like that.

The idea is preeeetty young right now and I am not entirely sure where I'd go with this. One thing's for sure I'd fix the endings. And Shepard would live. Because FUCK BIOWARE AND EA!

4366182 It's fairly arguable the Shepard lives. If you have enough resources -I think it's 3500 or more or 4500 or more- it shows a shot of his chestpiece being visible under rubble and him taking a sharp breath. But yeah, with enough stuff to make it a story and not just a retelling it could work.

4366208 I know... but it still remains that this is some bullshit no-purpose teaser. There would be other things like Cerberus trying to capture changelings, take them for examinations. There would be Salarians and other council races being appaled at the "No Bullshit" attitude of Chrysalis who doesn't give a fuck of what they think. She'd find understanding with Wrex who she'd defend. Let's not forget the unique advantages that their knowledge of "magic" would bring.

Oh and I've entertained the ChryssieXShepard ship but I'm a fan of TaliXShepard so... *shrug*

4366232 As big a fan as I am of TaliShep, ChrysShep would be rather nice if done right.

4366255 Yea I don't think that Javik scene in the party was nice :P

The obvious solution is to ship Chryslight on the side. You can't break up Talishep.

Also, I'd avoid the anthro angle, just because it seems lazy, and only serves to remove some otherwise interesting plot opportunities. ME doesn't have any agile non-bipedal species, so keeping her as is gives you more to work with. There's nothing that says she can't shift to be any other race and get the hang of being bipedal as well, but as long as she's a Changeling I really see no reason to change their natural appearance.

It's more like a matter of re-arranging the limbs I think. More like she can put her finger-like thingies inside her hoof and start trotting if necessary. Just an idea though. Something to justify the humanoid appearance of the protheans or something.

Something I answered in another thread about this.

Chrylight? ChrysalisXTwilight? Yea I've got a fic about that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9